Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

In my humble opinion....

YES!

I have not felt this happy about flightsim in years. Yes, its expensive and I know plenty are having VAS issues etc..., but so far I have not encountered one problen. It feels great to have something new to learn. I have gotten a little tired of Boeings as they all become rather familiar to one another. I like to fly real flights, and not having an A320 really limited some of my flight options (especially around Europe!)

My hangar has now slimmed down to some A2A GA's, PMDG 777 and MJC Q400. The FSL A320 has taken pride and place of my shorthaul fleet and I am excited about learning all the details it has to offer.

The immersion is fantastic!

Now if i could just master the flare...

LOVE IT!

• Upvote 4

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Having flown the NG for years and really did not like the AS 320 version, I agree with you it's great to have this Bus.

BAW for IAE engines and EZY for CFM feel like two different aircraft.

Very happy with the FSL A320 its sets a new level even higher than PMDG.

• Upvote 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The A320 by FSLabs is the best rendition of the Airbus out there, some would argue it's the most comprehensive add on ever made, and I'd agree with them. I would not hesitate in purchasing it and I didn't. You will get many happy hours flying it.

On a side note...

I have seen some commentary in 'news' items on YouTube by content creators calling the price 'jaw dropping' which is irresponsible. So just to qualify that statement let's do some comparisons, and please don't misinterpret me, I regard all PMDG products as best in class for their aircraft, no doubt about it... but I want to say this because it has annoyed me and it needs mentioning. As a company I would also be careful of bias, even positive bias like this, as it has the capacity to alienate and be counter productive.

So.....

If you want a PMDG license for the NGX base package in FSX and P3D it will cost $160 (and let's not forget this was 5 years ago). Can someone therefore explain to me why when I got the bus for FSX and P3D, for the price tag of $140 it's now described quite seriously as a "jaw dropping" price? And let's not forget, for that I also get an MCDU I can use on my iPad via web app. I mean... Seriously?!

I'm not saying the NGX isn't great, and the 777 for that matter.. I love both and happily paid the money for them, PMDG do a great job. And I don't doubt for a second the 747 will be great, but in this video conveniently pricing was glossed over, strangely... But we know from PMDG pricing for the 747 will be 'inline with the 777', and this for FSX and P3D base package licenses its $225, obviously not jaw dropping enough. Even if, you bought the bus full price FSX and P3D it is $240, that's comparing a highly detailed study level add on released 2016/2017 with a price from 2013... how is one called out and the other glossed over?

My message to this content creator is simple, many people watch your content and you have a responsibility to be even handed. If you want to call the A320 price jaw dropping, I expect an even hand and the NGX, 777 and 747 (assuming it inline with the 777) pricing to be described in the same manner, if you are not prepared to do that, out of loyalty, or for whatever reason, then please do not comment at all on price. It's misleading, deliberate or not. What has been said is inflammatory, and completely unjustified, and has certainly made me question whether or not I will be watching more of their content.

Anyway, if you can afford it, get the bus... It's great.. :)

Cheers

Craig

• Upvote 10

Craig Read, EGLL

This airbus is totally awesome I highly recommend it. It's as realistic as it gets I just bought Mike Rays A320 Airbus book to help me get used to it even more.

• Like 1

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

I'm not saying the NGX isn't great, and the 777 for that matter.. I love both and happily paid the money for them, PMDG do a great job. And I don't doubt for a second the 747 will be great, but pricing was glossed over, strangely... But we know it will be 'inline with the 777', and this for FSX and P3D base package licenses its $225, obviously not jaw dropping enough.

My message would be simple, if you want to call the A320 price jaw dropping, I expect an even hand and the NGX, 777 and 747 (assuming it inline with the 777) pricing to be described in the same manner, if you are not prepared to do that, out of loyalty, or for whatever reason, then please do not comment at all on price. It's misleading, deliberate or not. What has been said is inflammatory, and completely unjustified, and has certainly made me question whether or not I will be watching more of their content.

I don't think the price of PMDG stuff has been "glossed over".  If you look elsewhere on this site, you'll see many complaints of PMDG stuff being too high too.  And, you will definitely see a bunch of complaints in regards to being charged twice for FSX version and then P3D version.  So, they've complained there too.

The real problem with the price talks is that everyone wants these unbelievably awesome simulations of aircraft, but they want them at Carenado prices.  Anyone who's been around here for a while all knows the difference between Carenado and PMDG/FSLabs.  They aren't even in the same solar system when it comes to comparisons.  People are paying ~$50 for something developed in 2 months that can't even do basic systems correctly without the community coming to the rescue.  So why is $140 so crazy for something that took 6+ years!?!?!  The developers deserve to try to get paid too.  So, the market is what the market is.  Just because someone can't afford it, doesn't mean it isn't worth it nor does it mean the price should be lowered nor does it necessarily mean that it's priced too high.  The market will determine that on its own.  But, people not only just when dealing with flight sim products but in overall life in general, just think they are entitled to anything they want.

I've made the analogy before but people wanted to focus on the tremendous difference in price(which is irrelevant) vs the point trying to be made...and that is that just because I want a BMW but I can't afford one myself, doesn't mean that BMW is doing anything wrong with the price of their cars.  It doesn't mean they should drop down to the price point of Ford just because I can't afford it.  It means that they make that much higher quality product vs a Ford.  But, this is the point of view that these people that are complaining about prices have.  They can't afford it so it's just a ridiculous price and FSLabs is ripping us off.  Or, the price of add-ons is getting out of control.  Again, crazy arguments if you ask me.  But, in the world we live in, there are many people that feel it's valid.

This is the top of the line aircraft that you can buy for flight sim, at least right now(IMO of course).  So, it goes without saying that it should be the most expensive too.

• Upvote 6

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Kevin,

I was talking about this particular video, not the forum.. But I share your sentiment..

Anyway the bus is brilliant :)

Craig Read, EGLL

Anyway the bus is brilliant :)

Couldn't agree more!!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

The real problem with the price talks is that everyone wants these unbelievably awesome simulations of aircraft, but they want them at Carenado prices.

Never a truer word spoken. :good:

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

I would answer this question by having any simmer thinking of buying answer the question "what do I like to fly in the sim".  Don't just ask casually but seriously think about how you fly.  I know for example that I fly 80% heavies (of which 80% is modern, 20% steam gauges) and 25% light GA (A2A 172, Comanche).  Anything else over the years that I have purchased has ended up in the hanger never to be flown again.  So when the A2A Connie came out I really wanted it, knew it would be amazing but also knew that I would be wasting $60.  If you really do like serious, study level sims, you like to fly by the numbers and follow all of the checklists, charts, procedures, etc. then yes you will love the FSL Airbus.  If you are more of a casual simmer that does not delve into all of the details and just loads a quick FP and flies then I think this is a waste for you and the Aerosoft will do the job....perhaps even better.  

It took me years to figure out that I only like certain things in Flight Sim and that buying one very expensive addon that I love and will fly for many hours and many years is greater value for me personally than buying every release for $20, $30 or $40 only to never fly it (or use it in the case of scenery).  This is a very difficult thing for many of us to come to grips with because we always feel like we are missing out on something.  

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 8

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Guest Mik75

Yes, yes, and YES!

I´ve waited years (actually felt like decades) for a bus like that!

It´s my favorite tubeliner on any sim platform for sure!

I was waiting years for someone to pull off a realistic A320 for FS, right from the moment FSL announced it (and even before that), so whether you buy it for FS or P3D, personally I think six years of work to pull off what lots of people in the know thought was damn near impossible deserves a decent paycheck.

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I was waiting years for someone to pull off a realistic A320 for FS, right from the moment FSL announced it (and even before that), so whether you buy it for FS or P3D, personally I think six years of work to pull off what lots of people in the know thought was damn near impossible deserves a decent paycheck.

Couldn't agree more

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

I agree 100 percent

FSL pushed the bar really high with this release.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Mark, I like very much and agree with this point of view wholeheartedly. I love the immersion of the heavies and do not really want to fly the simple stuff. For me, (and FS2004) the Eaglesoft Citation X II is the simplest and least complex aircraft I want to fly. I love the Ifly737, the detail and complexity of it. For me, the reason I am holding out on P3D, PMDG737, 777 and the FSLabs A320 is:

1. P3D going 64bit,
  2. the aircraft listed above going 64bit compatible, and
  3. an upgrade to suitable hardware.

Other than airports, I am not looking for scenery other than global textures but I will be looking at Airport services etc. Also, whilst I appreciate that a lot of simmers like to roam about the cabin etc, this holds no interest for me. I like to walk around the aircraft (preflight) and thereafter the office is where I want to be.

So for me, I will not be buying for FSX, or Steam which will reduce my costs somewhat. However, I believe that the final price is expensive only if you do not fly it very often. The more you use the cheaper (in the long term) it becomes. Another point is that if you do not use it often, why buy it in the first place. Please bear in mind that this is from my pensioners perspective. I really have to plan to make any substantive purchase, but for me, the hours and hours I get out of my aircraft work out to pennies per hour. One can not say that for beer consumption LOL. In simple terms, the initial outlay is outlandish but OH WHAT FUN, and in relative terms OH SO CHEAP. Regards to you all.... cannot wait for 64bit

Tony Chilcott

OOPS, I don't know what I did wrongly there but I hope it makes sense to you all. Regards again Tony

Edited by n4gix
Removed the <br /><br /> characters and fixed the formatting.
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.