Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

Yeah its a work of art and worthy of every penny! i am more then happy supporting FSL and think the price is more then fair!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I think MarkW makes a strong and well sounded argument that falls in line with my personal observations- and I've been flying computers since subLogic's Flight Simulator II on the Commodore 64.

I also rather have a few really high quality simulations than a hanger full of $50 aircraft.  You get spoiled once you've had the best - but...unfortunately study-sim aircraft take a lot of time to master, and we're at the point where the pickings are good!

It's best to make thoughtful purchases that will bring long term joy.

I'd love to check out the airbus but 1 year later on, I still have more to learn about the PDMG 737 and enjoy every flight in it.

Mark Trainer

Yes at one hundred percent ! :smile:

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Have to agree, with what has been posted. Worth every dollar. Some who complained about the price, must nearly hit the roof getting a quote for a car part.

I got a price for 6 spark plugs for my Ford, $238 NZD each, from the Ford dealer. Puts things into perspective does it not :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

PMDG have always played straight....they provide a very good aircraft, provide excellent and quick support,  they have constantly upgraded their aircraft over time providing new features with no charge.  They have said, and I believe them they will try to continue this through 32 bit conversion for P3D.  They do take a long time in testing and developement but I think the main team are full time employees.  I think it is about 2 or 3 years for them to develop using these.

Other companies, no names mentioned use part time developers and take 6 years for a two year project.  They also have not got a proven record of support extending for about 10 years.  

PMDG can talk down to its customers, their customer relations are terrible but their aircraft and support first class.  This is wwhat makes the price acceptible.

Can FS-Labs offer the same.  I see that all people mentioned on the FS labs about page have demanding Full time proffessions.  You cannot charge High prices for a  part time product.

• Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow

PMDG have always played straight....they provide a very good aircraft, provide excellent and quick support,  they have constantly upgraded their aircraft over time providing new features with no charge.  They have said, and I believe them they will try to continue this through 32 bit conversion for P3D.  They do take a long time in testing and developement but I think the main team are full time employees.  I think it is about 2 or 3 years for them to develop using these.

Other companies, no names mentioned use part time developers and take 6 years for a two year project.  They also have not got a proven record of support extending for about 10 years.  

PMDG can talk down to its customers, their customer relations are terrible but their aircraft and support first class.  This is wwhat makes the price acceptible.

Can FS-Labs offer the same.  I see that all people mentioned on the FS labs about page have demanding Full time proffessions.  You cannot charge High prices for a  part time product.

From my experience, FSL provide very good service. They have quick response for the cutomers' questions. They stick with the customers until the problem was solved.

THere is once huge issue I have with FSL A320. It is the fact that you get only ONE airplane variant. NGX is not one airplane variant, PMDG 777 is not one variant. But here FSL charges premium for just 1 jet. I would have bought it in no time if it have A318, A319, A320, A321 and (would be a nice bonus) ACJ319 and ACJ320. But just for one jet, I am will not drop that much money down.

• Upvote 2

PMDG will not ban you so you cannot download liveries and other files from their site. FSL will. PMDG provide support through their support portal faster than FSL feel like emailing you back.

The FSL Airbus is well made, but had dozens of bugs on release for FSX, and they were hostile to people providing bug reports and suggestions. The performance was awful in FSX and still unflyable if you want any decent graphics settings. Their email support was slow and hostile too.FSL Airbus in P3D is more polished but in my opinion the Airbus airplane is so automatic with everything it is not fun after a while to fly. The most work I do in the cockpit is entering the approach page in the FMGS. I could be biased liking Boeing aircraft more, but I get years of enjoyment from the PMDG 737 series, while FSL for 140 dollars is a single A320 model. I'll save up for the PMDG 747 that has too many models to list.

• Upvote 3

Guest Mik75

Wow, why always this comparison to the developer with the 4 big letters?

Ok, they've set standards, no doubt about that! I love their work, no doubt about that!

But nobody was able to deliver a high (or even highest, in this case) Airbus simulation, until FSL came org their A320X. So many tried, some were quite ok, some worse, but no release came even close to what the A320X delivers.

This is truly a work of art, a new standard, and I have to repeat myself, defenitely worth every cent!

They offer 2 engine variants, and top support! This is a highest class addon all around!

Everyone who hasn't done so already, should check out this video. This gentleman's videos are highly informative, he knows of what he speaks, and in it, you can see some of the breathtakingly deeply modelled details and systems of this aircraft addon:

Another reason is that FS labs limit you to one year of downloads...this is enough for me not to buy.

The price though is not as quioted in the video....it is $140 plus tax

Harry Woodrow

Guest Mik75

Another reason is that FS labs limit you to one year of downloads...this is enough for me not to buy.

The price though is not as quioted in the video....it is $140 plus tax

He speaks of the FSX version.

And everyone who hasn't the time to watch this video in its entire length, should probably stay away from this study level simulation anyways! ;-)

They use esellerate to sell their product (like many others in the flightsim market), and as long as you have the order number and the serial key, you should be able to download the product again without any limitation time wise.

He speaks of the FSX version.

And everyone who hasn't the time to watch this video in its entire length, should probably stay away from this study level simulation anyways! ;-)

They use esellerate to sell their product (like many others in the flightsim market), and as long as you have the order number and the serial key, you should be able to download the product again without any limitation time wise.

Make backups of the installer executable immediately after you download. We offer 365 days of unlimited redownloads for all purchases.

is what they say.....

Harry Woodrow

Guest Mik75

Make backups of the installer executable immediately after you download. We offer 365 days of unlimited redownloads for all purchases.

is what they say.....

Well then, fair enough. Didn't know that.

I was able to redownload their Concorde X in the past.

In my humble opinion....

YES!

I have not felt this happy about flightsim in years. Yes, its expensive and I know plenty are having VAS issues etc..., but so far I have not encountered one problen. It feels great to have something new to learn. I have gotten a little tired of Boeings as they all become rather familiar to one another. I like to fly real flights, and not having an A320 really limited some of my flight options (especially around Europe!)

My hangar has now slimmed down to some A2A GA's, PMDG 777 and MJC Q400. The FSL A320 has taken pride and place of my shorthaul fleet and I am excited about learning all the details it has to offer.

The immersion is fantastic!

Now if i could just master the flare...

LOVE IT!

I am looking forward to payday :wink:  to upgrade my un-used FSX version . So far i am also a 100% Boeing Tube simmer but this one is going to change that.

I have been looking into Blackbox´s videos on youtube to sneak peek at the FBW laws etc. 

Hopefully we will get a Airline2Sim video series . (We should support them with 777 i guess - and will do that)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Glad there seems to be a lot of love for it. The thing that has really captured me is the ground handling. Even down to the different engine models and break away thrust between them. Once getting the rudder-disconnect figured out, and tuning the (awesome) EZDOK v2 fuselage bumping, I can honestly say I that I have never experienced anything so immersive! Dropping back into the cabin and hearing the pumps and other mechanicals doing their thing just tops it.

I WISH I could take a week off work. Looking forward to my first proper by-the-book flight. Think I will take the Monarch bus down to Greece.....

Thank you so much for this labour of love FSL. I know you are a commercial enterprise and thanks are not really needed, but I do want to express my sincere respect for this one!

Great job!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire