Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

I'm a little slow this morning, and for some reason can't find the answer to this (even though I'm sure I saw it somewhere before)

Will it run on P3D V3.2 (with the v1.0.1.193 update)?

Have been hesitant to upgrade as I have so little time for simming at the moment (need to jump into the cockpit and go) and P3D V3.2 has been working well...

Thanks,

Daniel

I've been using 3.2.

• Upvote 1

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

That it is. It is extremely detailed, and there are so many "hidden" trifles, I got myself really surpised every now and then. Very cool.

Honestly, I was really *really* unsure if to pay so much, but now I am completely relaxed, seeing what I got for the money.

Granted, it has still some quirks, not everything smooth, but they are working on it and giving continuous support, including direct support, if it can't be solved on a forum. Seriously?

One of the best things I find is that they are looking to integrate with the most used addons out there. Including ASN+AS16, GSX, PFPX... maybe others too.

What was really cool that I was able to more or less jump in, configure it and make my first very simple, but managed flight (without the tutorial flight, but I did read the intro).

And here is the kicker: I remember these procedures from the times of PSS A320.

Which just goes to show what quality aircraft PSS was at that time too...

Question to all buyers: Are the clickspots in the FSLabs 320 as comfortable as in PMDG products?

What about mousewheel support for rotating knobs?

Thank you![/quote

No they are not. For some reason you turn the engine switches on and off you have to right click then left click.

When you turn the landing lights on and off you right click not left click (like most addons )

So if you miss click the right mouse button You'll get the menu come up, which you can easily misclick then hit spot view or tower view which will thump your vas.

I'm gradually getting used to it. It's an ok product but it's never worth 150. Maybe half that. I still prefer the pmdg 777, I find it more user friendly. Cold and dark is easy, you can type in 60.7 in the fuel upload setting instead of 60700. It's little things like that which makes it a pleasure to use. I found for a good few days when using the fsl I was shouting "ffs" at the screen when dealing with the fiddlyness of the screen. But charging 150 is too much. You can buy a ps3 for that

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

No they are not. For some reason you turn the engine switches on and off you have to right click then left click.

That was brought in for two reasons: the real aircraft requires a lift-and-move action to operate those switches; and it's an guard against accidental clicks in that area.

• Upvote 1

they are looking to integrate with the most used addons out there. Including ASN+AS16, GSX, PFPX... maybe others too.

What do you mean "looking to intergrate " as16 works and you can do coroutes using PFPX?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

What do you mean "looking to intergrate " as16 works and you can do coroutes using PFPX?

I'll give them that the way it gets the route string from vatsim is clever, although alot of route strings used by pilots on vatsim aren't realistic or compliant

14ppkc-6.png

Question to all buyers: Are the clickspots in the FSLabs 320 as comfortable as in PMDG products?

What about mousewheel support for rotating knobs?

Thank you!

When you turn the landing lights on and off you right click not left click (like most addons )

So if you miss click the right mouse You'll get the menu come up, which you can then hit spot view or tower view.

"For some reason"....

The engine switches are like that because you have to pull them up and then and only then can you push them forward. Your right click is to lift them and then left click to start. Far move realistic than rolling your mouse forward or just left clicking.

Lights are just like any PMDG addon were sometimes you need to left click or right.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

AS16 is feeding the weather radar - haven't tested it yet, I just read in the manual (don't know what you mean with coroutes though).

PFPX can send to AOC.

GSX: when you start boarding, the ZFW will reset to min. ZFW (without pax) and rise as passengers board.

The only thing I have to figure out how to sync those two properly. Right now, GSX is boarding way longer than A320 is showing in the Payload section.

you can adjust GSX boarding time in settings (sec. per pax)

AS16 is feeding the weather radar - haven't tested it yet, I just read in the manual (don't know what you mean with coroutes though).

PFPX can send to AOC.

GSX: when you start boarding, the ZFW will reset to min. ZFW (without pax) and rise as passengers board.

The only thing I have to figure out how to sync those two properly. Right now, GSX is boarding way longer than A320 is showing in the Payload section.

I think David was referring to 'looking to implement' as those features are implemented already. 

In regards to boarding simulation, its not GSX, its actually the FSL Airbus that detects when GSX starts boarding and "fills" the payload accordingly. However, its not linked to the boarding time you set in GSX. Boarding simulation always takes about 4-5 minutes only

you can adjust GSX boarding time in settings (sec. per pax)

Ah thanx!

I think David was referring to 'looking to implement' as those features are implemented already. 

In regards to boarding simulation, its not GSX, its actually the FSL Airbus that detects when GSX starts boarding and "fills" the payload accordingly. However, its not linked to the boarding time you set in GSX. Boarding simulation always takes about 4-5 minutes only

So we cannot tweak the time FSL takes to board per pax? I'd prefer it that way, rather than changing GSX, as GSX is global.

Ah thanx!

So we cannot tweak the time FSL takes to board per pax? I'd prefer it that way, rather than changing GSX, as GSX is global.

Nope, doesnt look like, at least not in its current version. I went through the ini/cfg files of the FSLabs A320 and couldnt find any settings related to the boarding speed. 

If you have SIMSTARTER or any other tool that can switch files based on profiles you could set separate couatladdons.ini files (located under %appdata%\virtuali\) with different boarding times, this is how i keep GSX synced with boarding times of different aircrafts (as heavies like a 777 take longer to board than a 737/A320)

Woozie: no need to change pax load times as in case of PMDG aircrafts the quantity is communicated to GSX via FSUIPC I believe. You just set time per passenger. Then depending if you load 100 pax or 250 pax its different time.

When you have finished with PFPX, you "print" a PDF you name it e.g.

EGLLLFPG01

Save a copy to your FSLabs Data/Routes

On INT page enter EGLLLFPG01 in co-route and .....ta da..