Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

PFPX seems to default to that anyway, so yes

yes i do

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/7242-pfpx-profiles/

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

These profiles are old and not correct, entering data manually and for instance creating templates based on A320-214 works good for me. The correct data would be:

CFM:

Empty fuel weight: 42841 kg
Max Zero Fuel: 62500 kg
Max Take-off: 77000 kg
Max Ramp: 77400kg
Max landing weight: 66000kg
Pax Capacity: 168
Cargo capacity: 8827 kg
Fuel capacity: 18728 kg

For IAE all same, but:

Empty Weight: 42833kg

(sourced from FSL forum)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I use the Topcat ones provided from them.

pfpx.jpg

Now set PAX to 84kg's

I use the Topcat ones provided from them.

pfpx.jpg

Now set PAX to 84kg's

Thanks David. I will use the - 214 profile.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Okay, after several hours of testing i come to the point that I say I wouldn't buy it again, not that early after release.

It flies very well, it feels very well, it looks very well, but it still has some bugs which can ruin a whole flight.

Autopilot disconnects mid-flight and it's impossible to re-engage it, panelstates doesn't work 100%, aircraft descelerates without reason but thrust is at 88%, P3D randomly crashes, engine sound randomly disappears, just to name some points.

I'm done with this addon for now, it feels like being a beta tester for FSLabs.

Regards, Sebastian

Autopilot disconnects mid-flight and it's impossible to re-engage it, panelstates doesn't work 100%, aircraft descelerates without reason but thrust is at 88%, P3D randomly crashes, engine sound randomly disappears, just to name some points.

Sebastian,

I have roughly 150 flight hours now in the FSLabs 320, in the FSX and now P3D version. I never had anything like that. No crashes, no AP malfunction, good FPS and no VAS problem at all.

There still might be issues on their end, but you certainly have to look at your system or P3D installation as well. Which other Addons do you have installed, how's your VAS usage and so on.

Mike

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

So how are you guys going about loading the FSLA320?  I have a few aircraft that saving the flight at the end and then just launching that saved flight by clicking on the .fxml file work totally fine.  Others, don't work doing it that way and I have to launch P3D, select Piper and go to my departure airport, then shut off engines, then load FSLA320 and finally apply a "normal turn" panel state that I have saved previously.

I guess the loading the Piper first scenario is the most guaranteed to start up successfully in a state you want because launching a saved flight with the A320 doesn't always guarantee that.

This is my biggest disappointment in this aircraft.  For an add on of this cost, I'd totally expect there to be start up states where you don't have to do anything else first other than just load the aircraft - like the PMDG stuff - and get in a state you want.  Cold and dark or engines running are neither very "normal" states you'd find this in doing normal line flights.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Okay, after several hours of testing i come to the point that I say I wouldn't buy it again, not that early after release.

It flies very well, it feels very well, it looks very well, but it still has some bugs which can ruin a whole flight.

I'm done with this addon for now, it feels like being a beta tester for FSLabs.

I have to say, on P3D 3.3.5, after several flights all over the world, it definitely is a favourite of mine (I've been flying only that and the Queen lately), and never had one of those issues myself.  There are definitely some quirks (especially with saved panel states) but if you start from the default or cold and dark, it doesn't bug at least for me.

Saved panel states need to be done in the same aircraft version for now.

sig01.png

fsx user here, the 193 release fixed a lot of issue and it's an amazing model.  vas was a problem but now able to fly from fb kiad to fsdt kjfk (overflying the freeware kphl) with dd nycx and kewr/klga in place with asn enhanced overcast.  or uk2k egph to egll using orbx scotland and england, no more oom.  fps is pretty good now, can't complain.

can import fsx or fsbuild fp or use the nice free simbrief fp, system modeling and fd are solid.  external and vc models are excellent, night lighting and sound effects are outstanding.

having an option to buy the p3d version without paying for the thing twice is nice.  

a definitive bus for fs, high-end addon worth the price.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Sebastian,

I have roughly 150 flight hours now in the FSLabs 320, in the FSX and now P3D version. I never had anything like that. No crashes, no AP malfunction, good FPS and no VAS problem at all.

There still might be issues on their end, but you certainly have to look at your system or P3D installation as well. Which other Addons do you have installed, how's your VAS usage and so on.

Mike

I have to say, on P3D 3.3.5, after several flights all over the world, it definitely is a favourite of mine (I've been flying only that and the Queen lately), and never had one of those issues myself.  There are definitely some quirks (especially with saved panel states) but if you start from the default or cold and dark, it doesn't bug at least for me.

Saved panel states need to be done in the same aircraft version for now.

Thank you, that's interesting. Now I assume it has something to do with the panelstate or the way how I load my custom panelstate which can probably cause a bunch of bugs if done wrong.

Regards, Sebastian

Now I assume it has something to do with the panelstate or the way how I load my custom panelstate which can probably cause a bunch of bugs if done wrong.

I'd say it probably is.  Had my share of frustration with calculation errors, random system faults, engine problems, before I figured out the states. I like a "turnaround" state for most of my flights, so I created such a state for both CFM and IAE versions, and it's worked flawlessly.

sig01.png

I was skeptical at first, especially for the price, but I took the plunge and love it. If it wasn't for the pmdg 747 release I'd have been flying this exclusively since I got it (man what an expensive month!)

All of my flights have been flawless so far. Looking forward to further development to see what they have up their sleeves.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU