Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

I've done two sectors in the 744 this weekend one 9 and a half the other 8. No issues at all. It's a pleasure to fly

I also did a 8 hour 777 flight today. Once again zero issues.

I'm now leaving Milan for Prague in the fsl and I'll be amazed if I get there without an oom.. It's 58 mins sector.

Anyone who thinks this fsl has the same vas useage as the 747 and 777 must be on drugs.

It's the most overated addon in the history of flight simulators

It just drains vas because of how complex they made it. It's never worth the money. Never

Sure you can get it from a to b, just.

Don't get me, systems wise it's amazing.

But the vas issues just ######s you every time. So much so its just not enjoyable or pleasant to fly as your Constantly freaking out to see if it will oom or not.

Every one of my mates who has it have said it's oom on them and caused them headaches

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

And yet, thousands of customers are flying it without OOM's and telling us how our simulation surpasses anything else they've tried. 

If you want to sort out your memory problems Peter, drop by on our forums and we can offer you further assistance. 

• Upvote 7

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

yes i sadly have to agree , PMDG have done a fantastic job. lets hope in the near future FSlabs will find a way to make it smoother. 

henry

• Upvote 1

yes i sadly have to agree , PMDG have done a fantastic job. lets hope in the near future FSlabs will find a way to make it smoother.

henry

Yep, that is the only area where I see significant room for improvement. Performance isn't that great yet. Fps are very unstable and creating stutters. The performance is worse than in the PMDG birds. Undocking the 2D PFD and ND panels significantly hampers performance (which is not the case in the PMDG birds). I would love it if they would create a performance optimized VC with less details. Other than the sub par performance, the FSL Labs A320 works flawlessly on my system and in my opinion is the most immersive add-on ever created for FS.
  • Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I think it's very unfair to bash one or another bird.

All these birds have their satisfied customers, and also some unsatisfied customers. Each of these birds have some problem, let's not mention 777, P3D and popup panels...

FSL is still very new, and for many users out there very usable, including me. Performance is on par with the NGX, around 100mb higher VAS usage (but what would you expect with way more complex systems?). It has some bugs, they are being sorted out, so did NGX and 777 have when they came out.

Don't forget there are virtually millions of PC-configurations out there, and most like none the same. And then there are different FS setups, with different software AND hardware. It is expected to have some users with problems and some without... in each of these aircraft.

• Upvote 2

And yet, thousands of customers are flying it without OOM's and telling us how our simulation surpasses anything else they've tried. 

If you want to sort out your memory problems Peter, drop by on our forums and we can offer you further assistance. 

I'm humbled to quote myself here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/503749-p3dv335-is-amazing-fsl-a320x-related/?p=3567430

Thank you so much for so much fun, P3D/FSL

Dirk.

Yep, that is the only area where I see significant room for improvement. Performance isn't that great yet. Fps are very unstable and creating stutters. The performance is worse than in the PMDG birds. Undocking the 2D PFD and ND panels significantly hampers performance (which is not the case in the PMDG birds). I would love it if they would create a performance optimized VC with less details. Other than the sub par performance, the FSL Labs A320 works flawlessly on my system and in my opinion is the most immersive add-on ever created for FS.

An amazing aircraft indeed and i just posted a suggestion on there forum regarding getting those PFD,ND´s blacked out in VC when moving undocked panels to another monitor. I think it contributes to why PMDG has better performance when doing so.

But this Airbus is a must have in my opinion

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

And yet, thousands of customers are flying it without

You're rich !!!! But you deserve it :-) :good:

Now please bring the rest of the fleet!!! Up to and including the NEO variants :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Anyone who thinks this fsl has the same vas useage as the 747 and 777 must be on drugs.

It's the most overated addon in the history of flight simulators

It just drains vas because of how complex they made it. It's never worth the money. Never

Sure you can get it from a to b, just.

I've never have you problems. Just about every post you make it putting it down. You last comments got a topic delete on Saturday.

The problems your having are your end. VAS is no more than the 747v2/777 I can fly out off and into AS EGLL from e.g. the new LFPG, any airport and never even get close to a VAS ding . Did BA LFPG to EGLL this morning and at the gate had 800mb free , So were is the problem? your end, that's were it is.

So your finding are your problem not a problem for me or probably anyone who has there PC clean and running well. I can enjoy the sliders to the right AS16 etc and never have your problems.

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

not a problem for me or probably anyone who has there PC clean and running well.

Right on the spot.

You're rich !!!!

I think that's a very strong overstatement. 150k in 7 years for a development team comes to about 21k per YEAR (and that's not even per person). I hope they all have daily jobs. Even if it were 3 times as much, it still is very very slim, if you ask me.

But, the price is appropriate, imo.

This old line that IT people use. So you've sold more than 2000 copies then?? And of those 2000 people you've had 1001 or more different people say they think it's fantastic??

Complete crap and you know it. They had a few people on Facebook say they thought the the blackbox was good, so the Maltese two then did the same as you and said they had 1000s of happy customers.

I could release a flying xxxxx tomorrow, and get 20 people to say it's the greatest thing ever on a forumn and facebook. I'd then say I've got 1000s of happy customers using my flying xxxxx.

Many people in India drink there own ######. But that doesn't mean ###### is any good to drink does it

You need to change your sales line to

"we've sold more than a 1000 units, and had some good feedback from some people" that's more accurate not the spin your trying to pull to sell a 150 quid product. The post a few below me also said it's not as golden as you think your product is. You'll need to take him off your 1001 figure

14ppkc-6.png

Also a customer and performance is not where it should be really, reformatting tonight to rule out anything on my end but every other Haddon (NGX/777/747) from PMDG, Majestic et al runs perfect, fs labs airbus has stutters at times and high CPU usage comparatively (before anyone tells me about complexities - I don't care, it's a Desktop simulation and up to the developers to do so within its confines, including performance!)

Guest Mik75

The FSL A320X is probably the most complex addon aircraft available right now.

Its very complete system and FBW simulation is as close to the real thing as nothing has ever been before. That being said, the (real) Airbus A320 family is much more complex in its systems than a 737 NG or a 747, etc.

The ECAM and the FBW alone are something of mind blowing complexity! And to model these, without a simplified "if then" logic, but rather as a dynamic environment, has never been done before.

So it's pretty clear, that this piece of software is more demanding when it comes to fps and VAS usage.

But with reasonable settings, one can get a good compromise between looks and performance, and the resulting immersion is something I personally really enjoy.

And I haven't had a single OOM on my 20+ flights in P3D 3.3.

I've never have you problems. Just about every post you make it putting it down. You last comments got a topic delete on Saturday.

The problems your having are your end. VAS is no more than the 747v2/777 I can fly out off and into AS EGLL from e.g. the new LFPG, any airport and never even get close to a VAS ding . Did BA LFPG to EGLL this morning and at the gate had 800mb free , So were is the problem? your end, that's were it is.

So your finding are your problem not a problem for me or probably anyone who has there PC clean and running well. I can enjoy the sliders to the right AS16 etc and never have your problems.

My pc is running fine thanks,look at the amount of hours I have on vatsim. just because a hand full of people think it's the cream doesnt mean it is. It's over rated and not worth 150 quid, quite a few have said that so it's simple as that David.

14ppkc-6.png

Guest Mik75

My pc is running fine thanks,look at the amount of hours I have on vatsim. just because a hand full of people think it's the cream doesnt mean it is. It's over rated and not worth 150 quid, quite a few have said that so it's simple as that David.

That is your opinion!

In my opinion, it's highly underrated, and some people just don't see (or don't want to see) the breathtaking complexity that a real A320 has! And there must be a reason, why we haven't had something as close as the FSL A320X till now, when it comes to simulating this beast.

So many tried, so many failed.