Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

The FSL A320X is probably the most complex addon aircraft available right now.

Its very complete system and FBW simulation is as close to the real thing as nothing has ever been before. That being said, the (real) Airbus A320 family is much more complex in its systems than a 737 NG or a 747, etc.

The ECAM and the FBW alone are something of mind blowing complexity! And to model these, without a simplified "if then" logic, but rather as a dynamic environment, has never been done before.

So it's pretty clear, that this piece of software is more demanding when it comes to fps and VAS usage.

But with reasonable settings, one can get a good compromise between looks and performance, and the resulting immersion is something I personally really enjoy.

And I haven't had a single OOM on my 20+ flights in P3D 3.3.

I agree too that the amount of detail is out of this world. I've also only had 1 oom using it, the other 6 sectors have only just scrapped in without an oom.

Still that's 2 customers. He justs needs another 998 for his claim to be correct

14ppkc-6.png

Guest Mik75

I agree too that the amount of detail is out of this world. I've also only had 1 oom using it, the other 6 sectors have only just scrapped in without an oom.

Still that's 2 customers. He justs needs another 998 for his claim to be correct

It's not only the details (like the change of pitch in the avionics vents and packs sound when you change power source), it's the heart of the Airbus. The things that set the Airbus apart from the competitors.

If you haven't done so already, have a look at the original FCOM, and read a bit about the ECAM, it's so out of this world. And so far, everything I've tested, worked incredibly close to how the real thing would probably behave.

If you want this level of simulation with a reasonable in sim performance, you have to make compromises, when it comes to scenery complexity.

If you don't, you can be perfectly happy with the AS release.

Actually, I don't understand why all this bashing is necessary. If you don't like it then get over it and fly a different aircraft. Is it perfect? Not yet, but they will get there. And it is already great in its current state. I have done multiple flights between highly VAS intensive airports and did not have a single OOM yet.

• Upvote 2

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Like wise Carlo and how many hours someone has flown on VATSIM is totally irreverent.

I don't even need to set med or low sliders, but of course it's the bus nothing else :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

i have to agree with Carlo. i dont have any OOM yet but just stuttering and very slow performance compare to PMDG. iam working on it . 

henry

Guest Mik75

I fly all my flights on IVAO, and still have no OOMs in the A320X. Just saying... ;-)

Actually, I don't understand why all this bashing is necessary. If you don't like it then get over it and fly a different aircraft. Is it perfect? Not yet, but they will get there. And it is already great in its current state. I have done multiple flights between highly VAS intensive airports and did not have a single OOM yet.

Tell me about it.  People will take the family to a movie, go to a concert or go out for dinner and spend the same amount of money or more and if it is bad (or even average...not that great) they get over it on the drive home but this they have whine and cry for months.  Makes no sense at all.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

It could do with some 'performance options' though to be fair such as switching off FO side or features... that would probably help people and stop the flack a bit.

• Upvote 1

The FSL A320X is probably the most complex addon aircraft available right now.

Its very complete system and FBW simulation is as close to the real thing as nothing has ever been before. That being said, the (real) Airbus A320 family is much more complex in its systems than a 737 NG or a 747, etc.

The ECAM and the FBW alone are something of mind blowing complexity! And to model these, without a simplified "if then" logic, but rather as a dynamic environment, has never been done before.

So it's pretty clear, that this piece of software is more demanding when it comes to fps and VAS usage.

But with reasonable settings, one can get a good compromise between looks and performance, and the resulting immersion is something I personally really enjoy.

And I haven't had a single OOM on my 20+ flights in P3D 3.3.

Yes its true but maybe thats why it was a bad idea to develop such a complex system into this old 32 bit environment, users installing addons all day they are on the hype of videos on youtube all want the same look and feel, so devs doing these products which is nice but i think we already reached the edge of this platform already i think the NGX was the last one anything more than that has huge impact.....Dont get me wrong this Bus is great the platform is sh....te 

• Upvote 1

Guest Mik75

Yes its true but maybe thats why it was a bad idea to develop such a complex system into this old 32 bit environment, users installing addons all day they are on the hype of videos on youtube all want the same look and feel, so devs doing these products which is nice but i think we already reached the edge of this platform already i think the NGX was the last one anything more than that has huge impact.....Dont get me wrong this Bus is great the platform is sh....te

That's why reasonable settings are so important!

With somewhat reduced settings (for FTX Vector, AI traffic and autogen), P3D still does look great, and I haven't had a single OOM!

I certainly hope, that P3D will go 64bit one day, but even for the time being, the A320X is perfectly usable.

If you are a bit nerdy about tube liner flying, this thing is software heaven on earth! ;-)

hhmmm

It was bought as a 40th present from a family member with their paypal. Don't make assumptions David it will make you look stupid. As you have just shown.

Andrew send me a pm I'll quite happily give you my details if you wish

I managed a flight last night from yyz to yul. But if someone can explain the Nvidiva folder patch it would be appreciated

14ppkc-6.png

Tell me about it.  People will take the family to a movie, go to a concert or go out for dinner and spend the same amount of money or more and if it is bad (or even average...not that great) they get over it on the drive home but this they have whine and cry for months.  Makes no sense at all.

I spent more on a pretty lousy dinner for 4 over the weekend....and I only whined for about 10 minutes afterwards :smile:  I think this aircraft is fully worth the asking price and have enjoyed it immensely since I bought it for P3D.  I can count a large amount of aircraft I paid $30-$60 for and only used once.  I have a $60 one that I bought recently that is mostly unusable and sitting in my hangar.  I really don't sit and complain about these things. Live and learn.....although I would love to spend less on lousy dinners!!! :fool: 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

While I fully appreciate the efforts of developers, my assumption is that $150 product should be polished and flawless. Other than that it's a sunk cost for me already, so I keep my fingers crossed that SP1 would fix a lot of FPS issues and perhaps bring better VAS management. Yes, the plane is flyable, I fully enjoy the immersion and technical aspects, but performance-wise it's always some sort of lottery. With PMDG or MJ or if we remember good-old FS2004 times with LSD, I would simply pour myself a glass of wine and enjoy a flight, since I know at 100% that these birds will not betray me. With FSL it's always an accident waiting to happen.

With FSL it's always an accident waiting to happen.

Lol. I've completed 20+ flights with the FSL and had no problems. Not one single OOM. My fps is usually around 30 and fairly stable, which is fine - as long as it feels smooth.

Why is it an accident waiting to happen? Are you a nervous flier?  :Tounge: Oh and by the way, I bought PMDG 747 and flown it 3 times. I've had CTD's in 2 out of those 3 flights. I love PMDG products, but PMDG is not on a pedestal above everyone else anymore.

• Upvote 4