Problems in my new pc

Hi

I bought new gaming pc, here the spec:

I7 6700k

GTX 1080 gigabyte

Corsair h115i

16gb ram

Gigabyte z170m

Before I installed all sceneries and addons I had about 95-110 FPS.

I installed about 150-180 sceneries (most of them of aerosoft,FSDT,flytampa and taxi2gate) but I disabled all of them and enable it when I fly between 2 airports.

After I installed FTX products:

FTX global base

FTX vector

OpenLC Europe + NA

FTX trees

FTX Germany + england

And of course PMDG and REX 4 and AS 16.

I tried to config my simulator settings and tuning Guide of Rob ainscough website.

I set all the setting like him in the sim, in FTX vector, in REX and in AS16.

I don't know what to do I have very low loading textures and when I start the sim all textures is black and it takes few time to load.. and I get in PMDG NGX about 17-23 FPS in FSDT's scenery (klax for example)

And it is unable to fly like this.. and I have really monster computer.. what can be the reason?

Thank you so much

I would start by deleting your P3D.cfg file and let P3D rebuild it when you restart the sim. Its amazing what that one little action can do, also try deleting your P3D shaders, it can can stuttering.

I don't use P3D so I can't confirm this but there's another active thread, started by Rockliffe, which seems to describe a similar problem and attributes it to AS16. There's talk of AS16 having known issues on a specific release combination of P3D and AS16. Worth a look to read the conversation in that thread.

I hope you get it fixed - good luck.

Best regards

Rupert

150-180 sceneries? Apart from the fact that who actually buys 150-180(!!!) sceneries, are they actually all P3Dv3 officially compatible? Because I am quite sure that there are no 150 official P3Dv3 sceneries out there.

One thing I learned from my experience is best never do what you did (I don't have 150, but I have my 15-20 sceneries + other addons). Installing everything is just too much. And then you most likely need to reinstall at some point, you really want to go through that ever again? I wouldn't do it with 30 addons, and especially not with 150.

Keep your FS slim and with only what you really need. Installing a scenery before the flight is a matter of 3 minutes really.

The problem with your configuration is now to find a culprit is virtually impossible.

In the end, it might be AS16 of course, but that is easy to check. But if it's not, good luck with that.

150-180 sceneries? Apart from the fact that who actually buys 150-180(!!!) sceneries, are they actually all P3Dv3 officially compatible? Because I am quite sure that there are no 150 official P3Dv3 sceneries out there.

There are. I own the complete ORBX collection (~120 titles now). Add the several FSDreamteam, Flightbeam, Taxi2Gate etc. and the few Aerosoft titles I own which made it to P3D3 and you are there. Pilot's Mesh adds 6 entries alone, All P3D3 compatible

I also have a limited number of not P3D-compatible sceneries. These are John Patch's outstandig Vancouver and Victoria plus the SimWings Japanese airports and Haruo freeware Japanese Landclass. Can't live without these. There's virtually no P3D3 compatible scenery available for Prepar3d3 at all, which is a real shame. And supposedly there never will be given we're at the verge of Prepar3d4.

However, I never turn them on altogether but use SimStarter with defined regions for Europe, Northern America etc. Works pretty well, no issues. Or, let's say, no more issues than we share all like limited LOD, limited autogen radius, snapping textures in some mountain regions etc.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Well then, *crawl back under the rock I came from* :smile:

Didn't have a feeling that ORBX really had that many.

In any case, I have much better experience keeping my FS light.

Welcome to the forum(s). This isn't rocket science...honest it isn't :smile: .  But when you combine FTX Vector, AS16, PMDG, and a highly detailed add-on airport you're pushing the limit of what the CPU can handle. Choices include...turn down the details...fly a different airplane...use default weather/airport...turn off all the useless Vector details that you can't at see at FL35.  FSX/P3D can be really hard on any machine. None of us can run that much detail and not have the FPS suffer. And, since you're getting 17-23 FPS with all that "stuff" you're doing better than 90% of us. The slow loading scenery is simply that it takes that long for the CPU to process all that "stuff". Keep playing with slider-aircraft-scenery-weather combinations and you'll eventually find the sweet spot where the FPS is acceptable and the scenery looks pretty good.....Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

It is normal for my P3D to take at least 45 sec to start up the first time each day.  Subsequent starts are a little faster.

It is also normal for first use to take a couple of minutes for textures to be rendered and shaders built.

Many of us use a frame rate limit locked at 20FPS... so my advice is to ignore frame rate. It means nothing.  Your goal is a fluid and stutter free animation.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi

First of all thank you everyone for trying help me

Really appreciate it.

Second, I assume that I have some good news (don't know if it exactly good news because i fixed one problem and got another problem)

I changed the trees settings from extremely to dense, and I downloaded matt Davies P3D.cfg file and replaced it.

Now I get about 35-45 in PMDG cockpit.

Outside view I get about 75-100 FPS (runs between there numbers)

But I got another problem of out of memory.. i can't fly I always get out of memory after sometime that was passed.

For example I flew today twice from lax to dfw in a PMDG 739, during the approach I got out of memory (almost 2 hours after takeoff)

And then I tried flew between SAT to DFW then I got oom after 25 minutes

Also I have strange sound that I heard few times before crash because of oom.

What can be the problem with as 16?

And please can someone send me the settings that necessary for FTX vector configurator?

And how to fix out of memory?

And for all who asked about the sceneries - most of them is not compatible with P3D. I am using migration tool. Only the new ones is compatible with P3D from aerosoft,flytampa and FSDT..

That worked perfect in my old computer...

What can I do to fix it??

The problem with AS16 is a known one. There are reports you can revert to 3.3 version of P3D, maybe also older version of AS16. Not really sure, didn't try it yet.

As for OOMs: this is coming from your masses of addons. The key here is disabling settings in Vector (there are hundreds of posts on this matter, but from what I read you need to disable minor roads, leave usually highways and main roads, two of the top ones off the top of my head) and disabling not used sceneries. They load if you overfly them, and fill your VAS.

The sound you heard was possibly from FSUIPC, you most likely have it running - it's a warning message that you are approaching the OOM limit (out of memory).

It doesn't mean it won't work with P3D, but every scenery can be a potential problem. And if you install such a mass, x150+ potential problems.

Each installation is different, each configuration is different, each computer is different.

Hi

First of all thank you everyone for trying help me

Really appreciate it.

Second, I assume that I have some good news (don't know if it exactly good news because i fixed one problem and got another problem)

I changed the trees settings from extremely to dense, and I downloaded matt Davies P3D.cfg file and replaced it.

Now I get about 35-45 in PMDG cockpit.

Outside view I get about 75-100 FPS (runs between there numbers)

But I got another problem of out of memory.. i can't fly I always get out of memory after sometime that was passed.

For example I flew today twice from lax to dfw in a PMDG 739, during the approach I got out of memory (almost 2 hours after takeoff)

And then I tried flew between SAT to DFW then I got oom after 25 minutes

Also I have strange sound that I heard few times before crash because of oom.

What can be the problem with as 16?

And please can someone send me the settings that necessary for FTX vector configurator?

And how to fix out of memory?

And for all who asked about the sceneries - most of them is not compatible with P3D. I am using migration tool. Only the new ones is compatible with P3D from aerosoft,flytampa and FSDT..

That worked perfect in my old computer...

What can I do to fix it??

I have almost the same rig that you've got and I was enjoying absolutely zero out of memory errors until I installed Orbx Southern California scenery. I couldn't fly longer than an hour or two anywhere in the PMDG NGX without running out of memory and flying into KLAX area was impossible. I deactivated the scenery and so far I've not had any memory errors. It seems, at least on my system, that the Orbx scenery was causing my memory issues.

My FTX Vector settings have all the roads checked plus railroads, however I only have underlays and bridges checked on highways and primary roads, all the others are unchecked.

Michael Hutton

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 64GB | MSI Suprim Liquid GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | WD Blue SN580 M.2 2TB | Samsung SSD 990 Pro 2TB x 2 | Samsung Portable SSD T5 2TB | NZXT C1200 1200W PSU | NZXT H9 Elite Mid-Tower | Windows 11 Pro 64-bit | Allegiant Virtual Airlines

In the FWIW column, I have had absolutely zero problems with AS16. However, if a system is on the edge, AS16 could be the thing that pushes it over the edge but not the cause of the problem.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If I'm doing long haul I'll do FTX Global and in some cases Vector and OpenLC plus the two airports.

Short routes with tubes - Global, OpenLC and Vector (have not used it lately with FSL320). As everyone points out, check Vector Settings. Sometimes I'll use Regions, but in Dash 8 or 737 on short routes. 

GA - I'll use FTX Regions a lot as I see it as the main purpose of regions - low slow and scenic plus GA has small VAS footprints.

Check out the guide here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/495346-p3d-settings-comparison-optimizer-tool-excel-chart/

Start with moderate settings, same plane and same airports / weather and gradually adjust upwards to where you reach your issues. Every flight you do in future you'll have to adjust - so save your configuration for certain scenarios.

Kudos on disabling scenery you don't use

Lastly, in P3D 3.4 don't go mess around the config file with tweaks - it's good out of the box. Went AFK for a while and when I updated from 3.3 to 3.4 I was running my old affinity mask - had worse performance due to it. I also use software to distribute the load of certain external programs across my cores but I don't think this is the topic for right now.

Good luck - be patient and consistent and find your balance in your sim. Every single person will have different ways they utilize their sim, so even though there's good guidance you will have to find your sweet spot.

Hi everyone

Sorry that i am responsing just now, i have a lot of pressure in this time.

Here the FTX Global Vector settings:

http://imgur.com/4fx5YWv

http://imgur.com/GtRDq44

http://imgur.com/aN83Ge5

And how my sceneries library looks:

http://imgur.com/NOEifgq

As you can see all is disabled... I can't find the sulation for this, and i can't enough time to uninstall each addon and reinstall it again.. 

And P3D.CFG settings:

[AContain]
EnableRibbonVisuals=0
LabelColor=FFFF0000
LabelDelay=1000
RibbonFidelity=5.000000
RibbonMaxDistance=3218.689941
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabels=0
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowRibbonAircraftAI=0
ShowRibbonGroundAI=0
ShowRibbonUser=0
ShowUserLabel=0

[ATC]
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1
COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=0XFF8C00
COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=0X00008B
COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=0X006400
COMM_MSG_ATIS_COLOR=00000000
COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=0XA52A2A
PilotVoice=0
ShowATCText=1
UsePilotVoice=1

[ATTACHMENTS]
AutoWeaponSwitching=False
HighlightDuration=1.000000
IgnoreAttachmentForces=True
IgnoreAttachmentWeight=True
UnlimitedCountermeasures=False
UnlimitedWeapons=False
WeaponHighlight=False

[Avatar]
DefaultAvatar=Airline Pilot Male with High Viz Jacket

[CONTROLS]
Controls_Current=Standard
Controls_Default=Standard
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=64

[DISPLAY]
ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64
ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
ChangeTime=4.000000
Fullscreen=False
FullScreenAutoFill=True
FullScreenBackground=True
FXAA=0
InfoBrakesEnable=True
InfoCountermeasureEnable=True
InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255
InfoOverspeedEnable=True
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=True
InfoUpperLeftBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoUpperLeftTextColorNonUser=255,127,0
InfoUpperLeftTextColorUser=255,0,0
InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0
InfoUpperRightTextEnable=True
InfoWeaponSystemEnable=True
MSAA=8
NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64
NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
SSAA=0
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30
TEXTURE_FILTERING=8
TextureMaxLoad=6
TransitionTime=4.000000
TRIPLE_BUFFER=1
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0
VSYNC=1
WideViewAspect=False

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.0.0]
Mode=3440x1440x32

[DynamicHeadMovement]
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000

[FACILITIES]
CITY=
COUNTRY=
GTL_BUTTON=4096
STATE=

[GRAPHICS]
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
BUILDING_SHADOWS_CAST=0
BUILDING_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
CLOUD_SHADOW_CAST_DISTANCE=2
CLOUD_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=512
CLOUD_SHADOWS_CAST=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
CONTENT_NO_SHADOW=0
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
DYNAMIC_REFLECTIONS=0
EFFECTS_DISTANCE=1
EFFECTS_QUALITY=1
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=1
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
GROUND_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=2048
HDR=1
HDR_BLOOM_BLUR_SIGMA=0.800000
HDR_BLOOM_MAGNITUDE=0.900000
HDR_BLOOM_THRESHOLD=3.000000
HDR_BRIGHTNESS=0.800000
HDR_SATURATION=0.800000
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=1
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
LENSFLARE=1
MIPMAP_VC_PANELS=1
NUM_LIGHTS=4
OBJECT_SHADOW_CAST_DISTANCE=1
SCREEN_CAPTURE_MAX_JOBS=10
See_Self=1
SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_HIGH=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_LOW=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_MID=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_ULTRA=0.850000
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_HIGH=7
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_LOW=4
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_MID=5
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_ULTRA=12
SHADOW_QUALITY=2
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_CAST=1
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
TERRAIN_SHADOW_CAST_DISTANCE=2
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_CAST=1
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
TESSELLATION=1
Text_Scroll=1
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
TONEMAP_DAY_EXPOSURE_KEY=0.280000
TONEMAP_NIGHT_EXPOSURE_KEY=0.130000
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_CAST=0
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
VIDEO_CAPTURE_BIT_RATE=800000
VIDEO_CAPTURE_FPS=30
VIDEO_CAPTURE_HEIGHT=360
VIDEO_CAPTURE_INFO_SEND_RATE=20
VIDEO_CAPTURE_IS_THREADED=True
VIDEO_CAPTURE_MAX_FRAME_SIZE=500000
VIDEO_CAPTURE_TTL=255
VIDEO_CAPTURE_WIDTH=480
ViewGroup_Number=-1

[iNTERNATIONAL]
ASLAT=2
ASLON=1
MEASURE=0

[JOBSCHEDDULER]
AffinityMask=14

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33
HideMenuFullscreen=1
HideMenuNormal=0
IgnoreInvalidLocale=True
LabelsSupported=Airplane, Helicopter
Location=1200,309,2240,1088,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=2
ShowInfoText=1
SimObjectPaths.0=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.1=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\Avatars
SimObjectPaths.11=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.12=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.13=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.14=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.15=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.16=SimObjects\Submersible
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\Weapons
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Countermeasures
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\UT2+ Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft_before_09_2015
SimObjectPaths.7=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\simobjects
SimObjectPaths.8=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Zurich V2.0\simobjects
SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPathsRemarks=These entries were automatically added from SimObjects.cfg by Migration Tool. Set RepairConfig=0 in MigrationTool.cfg to disable.
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim, Avatar

[MISC]
Com_Rate=7

[MULTICHANNEL]
condAccountPassword=0

[MULTIPLAYER]
condAccountPassword=0
FrameSyncRate=0

[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=1024
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
PANELS_ALWAYS_ON_TOP=1
PANELS_MAX_UPDATE_PER_FRAME=1
QUICKTIPS=1
SAVE_AND_LOAD_PANEL_STATE=0
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0

[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0

[REALISM]
AllowEngineDamage=True
AutoCoord=False
CrashDetection=False
CrashTolerance=1.000000
CrashWithDyn=True
GEffect=True
General=1.000000
GyroDrift=False
GyroEffect=1.000000
ManualLights=True
OnCrashAction=0
PFactor=1.000000
RealMixture=True
StressDamage=True
Torque=1.000000
TrueAirspeed=False
UnlimitedFuel=False

[RECORDER]
RecordAirportVehicles=True
RecordAITraffic=True
RecordLeisureBoats=True

[sCENERY]
AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=2
AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE=9500.000000
AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD=2500.000000
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5
MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=16
POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1

[sIM]
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1
SYSCLOCK=0

[slewTextInfo.1]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2

[slewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2

[slewTextInfo.3]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
FrameRate=2,1
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
Longitude=1,2

[sOUND]
PrimaryPlaybackDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
SOUND=1
SOUND_LOD=0
SOUND_QUALITY=2
VoiceCaptureDevice={DEF00003-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
VoicePlaybackDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

[sTARTUP]
DEMO=0
LOAD_SCENARIO_TOOLS=1
LoadCorePlugins=1
LoadWindow=1
STARTUP_DEMO=

[TERRAIN]
AUTOGEN_BUILDING_DENSITY=3
AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_DENSITY=5
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
ENABLE_BATHYMETRY=0
LOD_RADIUS=6.500000
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30
TESSELLATION_FACTOR=90
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
UseGlobalTerrainView=True
WATER_CLARITY=30
WATER_DETAIL=3
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFLECT_CLOUDS=1
WATER_REFLECT_SIMOBJECTS=0
WATER_REFLECT_TERRAIN=1
WATER_REFLECT_USERAIRCRAFT=1
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFRACT_CLOUDS=0
WATER_REFRACT_SIMOBJECTS=0
WATER_REFRACT_TERRAIN=0
WATER_REFRACT_USERAIRCRAFT=0

[TextInfo.1]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
FuelPercentage=1,4
GForce=1,3
LockedFrameRate=1,2

[TextInfo.3]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
FrameRate=2,1
FuelPercentage=2,4
GForce=2,3
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
Longitude=1,2
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0
FreewayDensity=30
GADensity=0
IFROnly=0
LeisureBoatsDensity=15
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=15

[uSERINTERFACE]
Map_Orientation=2
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
RestoreTimeOnMove=1
ScreenshotImageFormat=0
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=1
SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1

[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=0

[WEATHER]
AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=6
CLOUD_FACING_MODE=0
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
DisableTurbulence=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DynamicWeather=0
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MaxGustTime=500
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
MaxVarTime=50
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MinGustTime=10
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MinVarTime=5
OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=0
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
VolumetricFog=1
WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0
WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1

What is your recommendation for me?

Thank you

If I'm doing long haul I'll do FTX Global and in some cases Vector and OpenLC plus the two airports.

Short routes with tubes - Global, OpenLC and Vector (have not used it lately with FSL320). As everyone points out, check Vector Settings. Sometimes I'll use Regions, but in Dash 8 or 737 on short routes. 

GA - I'll use FTX Regions a lot as I see it as the main purpose of regions - low slow and scenic plus GA has small VAS footprints.

Check out the guide here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/495346-p3d-settings-comparison-optimizer-tool-excel-chart/

Start with moderate settings, same plane and same airports / weather and gradually adjust upwards to where you reach your issues. Every flight you do in future you'll have to adjust - so save your configuration for certain scenarios.

Kudos on disabling scenery you don't use

Lastly, in P3D 3.4 don't go mess around the config file with tweaks - it's good out of the box. Went AFK for a while and when I updated from 3.3 to 3.4 I was running my old affinity mask - had worse performance due to it. I also use software to distribute the load of certain external programs across my cores but I don't think this is the topic for right now.

Good luck - be patient and consistent and find your balance in your sim. Every single person will have different ways they utilize their sim, so even though there's good guidance you will have to find your sweet spot.

In the FWIW column, I have had absolutely zero problems with AS16. However, if a system is on the edge, AS16 could be the thing that pushes it over the edge but not the cause of the problem.

Vic

I have almost the same rig that you've got and I was enjoying absolutely zero out of memory errors until I installed Orbx Southern California scenery. I couldn't fly longer than an hour or two anywhere in the PMDG NGX without running out of memory and flying into KLAX area was impossible. I deactivated the scenery and so far I've not had any memory errors. It seems, at least on my system, that the Orbx scenery was causing my memory issues.

My FTX Vector settings have all the roads checked plus railroads, however I only have underlays and bridges checked on highways and primary roads, all the others are unchecked.

The problem with AS16 is a known one. There are reports you can revert to 3.3 version of P3D, maybe also older version of AS16. Not really sure, didn't try it yet.

As for OOMs: this is coming from your masses of addons. The key here is disabling settings in Vector (there are hundreds of posts on this matter, but from what I read you need to disable minor roads, leave usually highways and main roads, two of the top ones off the top of my head) and disabling not used sceneries. They load if you overfly them, and fill your VAS.

The sound you heard was possibly from FSUIPC, you most likely have it running - it's a warning message that you are approaching the OOM limit (out of memory).

It doesn't mean it won't work with P3D, but every scenery can be a potential problem. And if you install such a mass, x150+ potential problems.

Each installation is different, each configuration is different, each computer is different.