Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Which Cessna 441 is best?

fsx%202017-01-26%2014-40-36-55_zpsdsmle5

We have lift off... Uninstalled it, redownloaded it from Just Flight (where they now have the Revision 2.0 version as the .exe file you download from your purchases page), installed it and works perfectly okay, no problems, all the issues I listed are solved.

Thus I am guessing that JF's older version 1.9 download file which I got yesterday when I bought the thing, was itself corrupt in some way, because I tried downloading that 1.9 exe file more than once and reinstalled from them a few times and always got the same issues, but the V2.0 file worked perfectly right off the bat, which tends to make me think it was indeed their hosted copy of the 1.9 file was knackered in some way.

In fairness to JF, they did reply quickly to my support query with two emails, an auto response one last night to acknowledge receipt of my support query and one this morning very early when they said I'd have to contact FlySimWare because they are merely brokers for that product as opposed to it being a JF product, which I suppose is fair enough.

Props too, to FSW for getting a patch out in what appears to be dumb luck timing on my part, with the .exe being replaced overnight at JF, but all the same it solved the problem. So now I've got two Cessna 441s (well three actually, since I also have the old Flight 1 version as well lol). I guess the Alabeo one is now gonna take a turn at being the hangar queen since it has that ground handling issue, which hopefully they will patch (I know that is a problem with the aircraft itself, since I've seen many people posting about that being a problem for them too), so I'm in the hands of the gods with that one, because Alabeo I know, are not notorious for great customer support in my experience.

Anyhow, I'll just point out to anyone considering the FSW C441 that, as stated above, it was fairly clearly the JF .exe file to blame and now that is no longer a problem, since they've swapped it out for an updated one, so don't be put off by my issues on this thread, as it is all sorted now, and generally speaking I do rate JF to buy from, not least because unlike some other online stores, they keep your purchased products downloadable indefinitely, so there's none of that 'you'll have to pay us five quid to re-initiate your download' b*******, like there is with a lot of online FS stores.

Just gotta stick the CS weather radar in the thing and I'm all good. Many thanks to all who responded with help, comments and suggestions. :-)

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yay, have fun!

(and if it is only the ground handling of the Alabeo, you could switch the aircraft mid-flight :smile: )

Glad you got the issues sorted out!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Yup, it's all working great since having been installed from the V2.0 revision .exe file, and I have to say that it is actually a really nice simulation of the 441, which I'm very happy about, because the 441 has always been one of my favourite aeroplanes. It flies really nicely and is a pleasure to whizz around in, which (now it is working okay) doesn't really surprise me, since the other FSW aircraft I have (their Bell H-13 Sioux and their LearJet 35) are also very good too. I hope Alabeo manage to patch up their 441 as well, because I do actually quite like that one as well, and it will be fun to mess around in once it doesn't want to taxy at the kind of speed where the co-pilot does a crosscheck lol.

Couple of pics of the FSW one on a nice IFR flight from EGCC to LFPG this morning:

fsx%202017-01-27%2011-34-50-05_zpscqo4on

fsx%202017-01-27%2012-22-07-16_zpsdtcrcp

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here