Sign in to follow this  
dutto88

Ordered new PC, Your thoughts?

Hey guys, 

So i posted the other day about either buying a new GPU or CPU, current specs are I5 4670K, GTX 770, 8GB Ram. 

After thinking ive decided to bite the pullet and destroy my credit card. 

I purchased

Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix 8GB Video Card

Intel Core i7 6700K Quad Core LGA 1151 4GHz Unlocked CPU Processor

Corsair 16GB (2 x8GB) CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance LPX Black

Asus H170 PRO GAMING LGA1151 ATX Motherboard

What do you guys think? Anything else i should do ??

Ssd(s)

A nice G-Sync monitor?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well, that's definitely a great PC. However I would have just upgraded your RAM and GPU, and overclocked that CPU (if you hadn't already.) 

Well, that's definitely a great PC. However I would have just upgraded your RAM and GPU, and overclocked that CPU (if you hadn't already.) 

I have had it overclocked to 4.4GHZ since i got it, but lately i have had alot of BSOD, the person who i take my PC to said its due to the CPU, the most stable i could get it OC was about 3.9Ghz unfortunately

Ssd(s)

A nice G-Sync monitor?

Are you able to link me please :) 

thank youu

Do you guys think I should upgrade the Power supply unit aswell? Or wont it need to be upgraded with these new components

Wondering why you haven't chosen for a Kaby Lake processor with a Z270 motherboard.

Besides that; if possible, cancel the order for the H170 motherboard and get one with a Z170 chipset. Motherboards with the Z170 chipsets are better equipped for overclocking and tweaking.

SSD's will help you reducing loading times. Will not or hardly improve FPS.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Are you able to link me please :) 

Well Ssds are slightly pricier than they were a few months ago due to a worldwide Nand shortage.... But these are considered to be very good and reliable drives. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820147373

And various good G-Sync and non G-Sync monitors: I also tend towards IPS models because of the colors and enhanced viewing angles of that technology, especially now that G-Sync IPS models with high refresh rates and low latency are available. https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100160979%2050001315%204814

This is the one I have: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236405

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wondering why you haven't chosen for a Kaby Lake processor with a Z270 motherboard.

Besides that; if possible, cancel the order for the H170 motherboard and get one with a Z170 chipset. Motherboards with the Z170 chipsets are better equipped for overclocking and tweaking.

SSD's will help you reducing loading times. Will not or hardly improve FPS.

Thanks so much! Changed the order to a Z170 :)