Bonjour Alex,

Thank you for this so-called "little" product which is in fact great and breathes the zero-bug, and rigour.

Bravo !

I read on the feature request thread ....

Next version will have at least full support for flight simulator approaches and SIDs and STARs in P3D too. The latter one only if you use the fsAerodata update. I'm already working on it.

I hope I can also add support for Navigraph AIRAC data including SIDs and STARs in this next release.

Alex

Concerning P3D, why the support of Navigraph as the job is already done by fsAerodata.

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

Concerning P3D, why the support of Navigraph as the job is already done by fsAerodata.

Possibly because most folks using complex aircraft into third party airports have Navigraph subscriptions and have little need for a second subscription to fsAerodata

I'm still undecided but leaning towards support for native Navigraph data.

Reading the text based Navigraph data is not too difficult compared to that horrible BGL file format.

Alex

Possibly because most folks using complex aircraft into third party airports have Navigraph subscriptions and have little need for a second subscription to fsAerodata

Although that's true, who can afford to buy all the recent versions of payware airports? Or hunt down freeware versions that have the correct arriivals, departures and approaches? ORBX just recently announced that they are doing a version of KSAN which is the 28th largest US airport by volume. When I looked at the full top 100 list, I realized that I have but a small fraction of those represented by addons. And even if there were high quality versions of all of them with the correct navaids, etc.. I'm not about to shell out a couple thousand dollars US to buy them all.

You don't need third party airports necessarily. If Little Navmap supported a Navigraph data set, then we could plan out flights ourselves using all the current real-world navdata. Airports are only one piece of navdata.

I actually use the free updates from http://aero.sors.fr which almost does the same thing anyway (Little Navmap reads in the scenery.cfg and builds info based on the updates) however because of the way the NA intersections update works (a separate folder you have to add to the scenery library,) Little Navmap builds the database with the new intersections as well as the old. Thus when using Little Navmap to auto generate a flight plan, it plugs in intersections from the old FSX/P3D data as well as the new data.

Navigraph support would simplify this a lot. Plus, remember this would certainly be added by Alex as an *option* so if you prefer the old way, you could still do that.

That all works fine as long as one does not use a 3rd party ATC addon that uses the most current AIRAC cycle. The advantage of fsAerodata is that it adds all the approach data missing in the default sim. Herve's work only adds navaids but the dots aren't connected. A perfect example is the default KIND.