Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Debating my next aircraft...

The Flight 1 B200. With the Gamin 1000 avionics, it is much better than either Carenado offering and the Raisbeck Gold package and Blackhawk XP52 modifications it is nearly as fast as the B350. You just sacrifice 2 passengers, but who max loads a King Air anyway. Besides you are probably interested in what happens up front and not in the back. 

If you must purchase a Carenado airplane then the B350. With each release, they get a little better and the FDE for the B350 is nice. It does have its issues which can no longer be discussed on AVSIM forums. Although there is a review on the AVSIM reviews section which discusses these issues. 

If your running P3D my vote would be the TFDI B717, really impressed on how they have is running and the detail to features and for those that want to just kick the tires and light the fires it can do that also. 

Another vote for the B200, and I'm not a fan of G1000 glass cockpits. I love my new B200 though. For not much more price, you get a lot more (working) aircraft.

My experience has been the F1 B200 king air is unuseable. On my system with P3D 3.4 I get single digit fps. I've tried everything. And, if I decide to fly with 9 fps, I get OOM warnings. (the only AC I have that has that problem). Too bad too; it's really beautiful to look at and sports really detailed modeling.

All other aircraft I fly generally get 30 fps (locked). This includes: A2A Connie, PMDG 737ngx, TFDI 717, FSL A320x and so on.

I have the 350i and it performs well enough. It's not a detailed model, but still fun.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I turned off the Copilots display and it saves some fps. Have you tried the Flight 1 fourms?

I use it in FSX:Steam and it is a much heavier load on the sim, but no worse than PMDG 737NGX.

Your mileage may vary is a good statement with any of these products. It is impossible to determine with the huge mix of hardware, software and even various flight sims with add-ons how any product it going to work. 

Hi Folks,

As far as King Airs go - I'm waiting on the MilViz model - personally I'm more interested in the steam gauge model then the Proline 21... I can't see spending good money on a Carenado King Air...

11_zps05ztr6x5.jpg

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

As far as King Airs go - I'm waiting on the MilViz model - personally I'm more interested in the steam gauge model then the Proline 21... I can't see spending good money on a Carenado King Air...

Same here. Do you know if the steam gauge version and Proline 21 version are to be released together?

Ever since of days of Fly!, the King Air has been my favourite aircraft. I got one of the Carenado versions sometime last year and it was just...meh. Even if the two Milviz ones are two separate purchases, I'll probably still get both, then I'll have a full set, steam, G1000 and Proline 21. I'd spend most of my time with the steam gauges though.

That's an old pic hehe....  I highly highly highly doubt they'll release both at once. :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There's a Milviz version coming? That would be great.

I really enjoy their civilian aircraft.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

There's a Milviz version coming? That would be great.

I really enjoy their civilian aircraft.

There was...they were selling the "pre-release" (i.e. beta) version for a while, but they pulled it after the Carenado B350 was released.  They said they were going to rethink the features or something like that.  Perhaps they will eventually proceed with the round-gauge version.  It doesn't seem like a complete loss for them because they are working on an Avanti and  LR-60 that will use the ProLine 21 system that was in development with the King Air. 

The Milviz version will be very good.  The guy who did TFDI avionics is doing the PL21.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I cannot say everything I know on this because even though I have never signed an NDA I still respect the developer enough not to spill the beans.

However, unless I have been taken out of the loop, which I don't think has happened, a number of steps still has not happened. A spring release IMHO is unlikely. At this point, I would not even guess when this project will make it out the doors. 

I have not been consulted on the EFIS 84 King Air 350 so I have no ideas what is going on with that project. (Steam gauge 300 is a very bad moniker for this project. It looks more like an EFIS 84 King Air 350.) 

Thus if you want a King Air now then I suggest you look toward one of the other developers. I think if you are going to wait on MilViz it will be a long wait. You will get a high-quality project when it is released but it is not going to happen anytime soon.

That's an old pic hehe....  I highly highly highly doubt they'll release both at once. :)

Hi Ryan,

Are there any newer pix published anywhere ? I always prefer small glass to big glass - although big glass always seems to garner the lions share of attention around here...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7