Sign in to follow this  
Cpt DePaola

Whats after 747 v3? I have a suggestion

Hello,

Since the 747 v3 project is wrapping up a lot of people are wondering what is next after the 747 v3 and 748 expansion. A suggestion I have is a plane that hasn't been done since 2010 and is a popular long haul jet that has been in use for upwards of 20 years. This is the only boeing plane that has not been done as a high quality add on. Yes I am talking about the famous 767. The 767 has had a staple on aviation for its entire lifetime and is popularly used on long and short haul routes. The 767 I think would be perfect for the PMDG team especially the 767-400. If you do not know the 767-400 has never been done and its cockpit is essentially was the test platform for the 777. These would be a perfect add-on aircraft for the long haulers and some short haulers. the 767-300 could also be done but would be a bit of a challenge for the PMDG team as the PFD and MFD are of the older kind but does have some resemblence to the Jetstream J4100's PFD and MFD. Anyway this was just a suggestion to the PMDG team and I would think it would be the perfect aircraft to complete the entire Boeing line up.

Thanks!,

Joseph DePaola

• Upvote 1

While I appreciate the enthusiasm, I'm always somewhat startled by the number suggestions that creep up at the end of a development cycle. The assumption seems to be "well, now that you're done, you must just now be thinking about things that you might do next." The reality is that we've already had that discussion, and in order to minimize the number of people idly standing by without direction on what to do next, that discussion happened quite a long time ago. This enables us to roll people off of a project when they're done, and onto a new project, even while some of the others are finishing up the current project.

...you just haven't been told what it is yet.

...or more accurately, you haven't been told what all of it is yet.  :ph34r:

• Upvote 10

Kyle Rodgers

I think that DC-6 for FSX/P3D will be looking really good after 747v3.  With the DC-6, Connie, Strat, MJ's DC-3, we starting to get a nice line of vintage propliners......what I wouldn't give for a full on Beech 18 sim from A2A, PMDG, Milviz or someone.

I would laugh my &@($* off, if even for a joke, PMDG put up a thread 'Announcing PMDG Cri Cri!'  Just look up the Cri Cri if you don't know what it is.  

Seriously tho, you guys should take a little vacation after 747v3, enjoy the fruits of your labor, then come back, wrap up the DC, then into whatever is next.

Thanks for all you do.

Cheers

TJ

Forget about new developments, updates to existing products and introductions to new sims such as X-Plane for all existing products would be nice!  

• Upvote 3

The kind of response pmdg gets to merely changing their Facebook dp is remarkable.

Why not try posting a MD 11 photo a 767 and a 757, whichever plane gets the beast response... Makes its plsssss

I'm sure people will lose their minds.

MD 11 v2? Plsssss?

• Upvote 2

Not another 767 thread..

Just idle prattle until our new Queen arrives...

spacer.png

MD 11 v2? Plsssss?
I would actually bet on this never happening. After the first MD11, I think we would have a better chance of a DC8 than a revamped MD11. I say DC8 because RSR loves quads.

While I appreciate the enthusiasm, I'm always somewhat startled by the number suggestions that creep up at the end of a development cycle. The assumption seems to be "well, now that you're done, you must just now be thinking about things that you might do next." The reality is that we've already had that discussion, and in order to minimize the number of people idly standing by without direction on what to do next, that discussion happened quite a long time ago. This enables us to roll people off of a project when they're done, and onto a new project, even while some of the others are finishing up the current project.

...you just haven't been told what it is yet.

...or more accurately, you haven't been told what all of it is yet.  :ph34r:

Makes total business sense that would be done. But it would be nice to know if there is some consideration to what the community has been asking for alot. Clearly there is a strong demand for the 767/757 projects which is severely lacking as an aircraft for p3d/fsx, and while available data would be the primary consideration, user community input should also be up there in importance.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I know it's fantasy from a commercial point of view, but I would love to see an MD11 v2. Something different from another Boeing please, much as I love them! I'm sure the powers that be at PMDG have something interesting in mind for us.

Martin Lewis

• Upvote 1

I would be all for a 75/76 after an updated NGX please :smile:

• Upvote 1

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

My guesses:

- DC6 for FSX/P3D

- Rolling new 747v3 features/platform developments into 777 & NGX updates

- NGX overhaul hinted at before by PMDG staff

- 777-200ER + engine variations

- Porting NGX, 777, 747v3 to X-Plane

- Secret 'Pigeon Works' project

Enough work to do...

Remember, this is the first time PMDG will have a line of 3 product series on the same technical platform, with roughly the same quality and fidelity: the first time PMDG has a consistent suite of products on offer, which is quite an accomplishment given the length of the development cycles. The 747v3 is the apex of 10 years of tech development, starting with the JS4100 'proof of concept' in 2007/2008 something (I think?).

Maintenance of this lineup and underlying platform will also require development resources, I would imagine.  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Henk de Vries

MD 11 v2? Plsssss?

PMDG has said that sales of their MD11 were very disappointing, so doubtful.

spacer.png