Sign in to follow this  
Cpt DePaola

Whats after 747 v3? I have a suggestion

Oh let me see. Their ( PDMG) minds were made up along time ago based matrix and criteria that have little or nothing to do with these wish threads. But its fun to read what posters perceive as logical arguments. And some seem to be logical.

But keeping in the spirit of dreaming, my vote goes for the B707- the one that first ushered in the jet age successfully and shrunk the world like never before. Historical significance, plenty. Future, revenue, and good business significance- none.

• Upvote 1

Oh let me see. Their ( PDMG) minds were made up along time ago based matrix and criteria that have little or nothing to do with these wish threads. But its fun to read what posters perceive as logical arguments. And some seem to be logical.

But keeping in the spirit of dreaming, my vote goes for the B707- the one that first ushered in the jet age successfully and shrunk the world like never before. Historical significance, plenty. Future, revenue, and good business significance- none.

A Boeing 720 could be the expansion pack for it!

A Boeing 720 could be the expansion pack for it!

That could work. There were somewhere between 15-20 variants of the 707. So no shortage of expansion opportunities. As inefficient as it was by today's standards, the 707 was a complete game changer that really revolutionized how we travel. A great old analog plane. CaptainSim did a pretty nice job with theirs but certainly not to PMDG level. Dream on.

How about this all concerns something physical rather than a new virtual plane?

Apart from that, everybody flocks over to this thread and all usual chatter about the impending release has reduced considerably. Well played, Kyle...

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Not really too early the Max 1st Delivery is set for April/May 2017 with Norwegian and followed by launch customer SWA in July. Plenty of time to get started on the MAX aircraft and then work on the FDE :)

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

737 NGX overhaul + MAX ;) too much to ask, I know, but at least I can share my dream! :)

I think the PMDG plan it's that :

737ER

777-200ER

Not for me I think, but if he makes a 767 or/and 757 I'll buy it day one !

It's quite unlikely they are going to do yet another Boeing.

A CRJ or Embraer makes perfect business. I'd love an Embraer, I see them at my local airport (KLM), and they are used for the smaller destinations. I currently have to use the NGX for that and that feels a little unrealistic.

It's quite unlikely they are going to do yet another Boeing

I wouldn't call it unlikely. They have close ties to Boeing.

A PMDG AN-224 would be awesome. But I expect after the 737 update it will be something like a 707.

It's quite unlikely they are going to do yet another Boeing.

A CRJ or Embraer makes perfect business. I'd love an Embraer, I see them at my local airport (KLM), and they are used for the smaller destinations. I currently have to use the NGX for that and that feels a little unrealistic.

I know exactly what you mean. Since FlyTampa I currently made EHAM my home airport, despite not being Dutch or living there, but the airport is just so much fun and always a lot going on at VATSIM. I currently use the 737-700 for Cityhopper flights and I too feel weird doing so. Really looking forward for a quality Embraer 170-195. And no doubt it would sell good, too. Any major regional airline one could think of has it.

A PMDG AN-224 would be awesome. But I expect after the 737 update it will be something like a 707.

YES!  THE Big Antonov would be fantastic.  Why not?  I think it is important that we preserve these one of a kind legends in the digital world.  Legends like the 225, or vintage birds like the 707, DC-6, Connie, Howard 500, warbirds...et al should be preserved flight sim before they are gone forever.  

The AN-124 would also be an excellent choice.  I think the latest version is semi-westernized.  You can do things with an AN-124, that you wouldn't dare do with a 747.  Just look up some of the 124's 'offroad' videos lol.  And believe it or not, there are enough 124s in service flying charter hauls, flying all over the place, that might satisfy the 'must be in actual service' crowd.  

Oh well, it's probably a pipe dream.  In the end, I don't really care what PMDG chooses next, they likely already have their choices picked, and they will be good choices.

Cheers

TJ 

I think whatever it is PMDG will have close and immediate access to the aircraft and the manufacturer (or the detailed parameters if the manufacturer is no longer in business).

Scott Robinson

I thought the MD 11 was an excellent plane in FSX too bad it can't be updated

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM