Sign in to follow this  
Cpt DePaola

Whats after 747 v3? I have a suggestion

Makes total business sense that would be done. But it would be nice to know if there is some consideration to what the community has been asking for alot. Clearly there is a strong demand for the 767/757 projects which is severely lacking as an aircraft for p3d/fsx, and while available data would be the primary consideration, user community input should also be up there in importance.

Earlier, I addressed the implication that we don't think ahead. I don't think it's too far of a stretch to think that, if we think ahead, we also address the business case for what we're potentially going to devote our resources to. Part of that would be "what would sell."

Ignoring customers isn't going to get a company too far, but do keep in mind that our user base is much larger than this forum.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Personally I'm just looking forward to whatever it is. By the time it's released we could possibly have a P3D 64bit version and the scope this would give the PMDG guys is beyond my comprehension.

Having said that I would like to see the T7 updated with the other variants, particularly the 200ER

727 in all forms.

A plane where you have to actually do some work to fly it not single button do it all.

I love my 777F though :D

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I think they will rework-update the NG...I hope. 

757 - 767? bit old now.

Dreamliner would be very nice.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I think they will rework-update the NG...I hope. 

757 - 767? bit old now.

Dreamliner would be very nice.

Yeah, it's an older aircraft, but still beautiful and highly used in real life and still in production. The 747-400 is quite old too.

Forget about new developments, updates to existing products and introductions to new sims such as X-Plane for ALL existing products would be nice!  

Man, nobody's asking so much, I'd be in heaven with just ONE liner

Perhaps some day Robert will bring his DC-3 into the virtual world.  We can only hope. I imagine it could be the next 'side project' after the DC-6.  Tho as much as a DC-3 is awesome, there is one plane that I would get carpal tunnel from flying....the Howard 500.  How about it PMDG, a Howard 500 'side project'...be bold, like the plane.  Seriously, you go to a flight line and you see rows of "boring" King Airs, Citations...etc  A Howard 500 shows up.  Which plane on that line is going to turn heads....thats what I thought!  :wink:   I'm not lying either, the Howard 500 showed up to an NBAA Bizjet showcase in Las Vegas a year or two ago.  While surrounded by the latest Gulfstreams, Globals, Lears...etc, the Howard was the hit of the show.

Speaking of Bizjets tho.  I hope PMDG seriously consider officially 'BBJ'izing the NGX.  The long range biz jet is still one of the gaping holes in the FS community.  Gulfstream won't let their planes be done, Aerosoft's CRJ has been in the works so long, I bet they are sick and tired of CRJs lol, so I doubt they would consider morphing it into it's Global Express cousin.  PMDG has said that those types of Bizjets are so complex that they would require practically the same manpower as the regular tubeliners.  The BBJ is the logical choice, considering most of the legwork is already done.  The long range bizjet just opens up so many more city pairs.  Take off from 5000ft runway, fly 5000nm, land at another 5000ft runway.

Anyway, I know FS is not some factory where you can just wave a magic wand.  Any project requires loads of manhours and $$$ for R&D, even for 'simple' aircraft changes, like changing a powerplant.  A2A thought about doing a Cherokee 235 after the Cherokee 180, but realized even a 'simple' engine upgrade, along with the affected FD/structual data changes would require too much work.  It was much better to put those manhours on other projects.  Anything in FS is always MUCH easier said than done.  

So, whatever works

CHeers

TJ

I think we would have a better chance of a DC8 than a revamped MD11. I say DC8 because RSR loves quads.

So, I guess that means we're in with a shot at the Ilyushin 86  :wink:

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

727 in all forms.

A plane where you have to actually do some work to fly it not single button do it all.

The PMDG MD-11, as much as some are besotted with it, was an apparent commercial disappointment because it isn't a mainstream aircraft any longer. Why would the 727 be any different? I'm with you on that choice by the way - I just can't see it happening.

• Upvote 1

The PMDG MD-11, as much as some are besotted with it, was an apparent commercial disappointment because it isn't a mainstream aircraft any longer. Why would the 727 be any different? I'm with you on that choice by the way - I just can't see it happening.

The difference is that the MD-11 was never a mainstream aircraft, for quite a lot of reasons: Primarily because it was developed from a flawed and outdated design, thus it never delivered on promised fuel economy figures. But more critically, it has a questionable safety record (roughly five percent of the total numbers of all MD-11s built have crashed, which would be an unenviable attrition rate for a warplane, let alone a passenger airliner, but hardly surprising when you consider that it was basically an updated DC-10 - an aircraft which hardly had a glowing safety record either.

Conversely, the 727 may not be around in large numbers now, but it used to be fairly ubiquitous. So whilst the 727 is a well-loved classic, the MD-11 is a classic example of the wrong plane at the wrong time. Figures say it all really... MD-11: 200 ever built, with nearly all of them relegated to freight work after about 15 years (not to mention being a poor seller for PMDG in digital form). 727: well over 1,800 built, with remarkably, a few of them still in service even now even though its been out of production for over 32 years (unlike the PMDG MD-11, the Captain Sim 727 was still being snapped up like a hot cake in the recent Xmas sale they had).

Anyway, this is all a moot point, I can predict with confidence that the new PMDG project is going to be the Fairey Battle. LOL

Alan Bradbury

I like the 767-400 an wished that it had been a more popular around the globe. I would like to see more old jets like 707s Civilian and Military variants. DC-8s would also give a good round of pax and cargo variants for a lot of users to buy.

Keith Guillory

727 would be fantastic.  I think because the MD was considered a commercial failure in real life, a lot of simmers equate real life popularity to virtual sales.  It's unfortunate that virtual sales are linked to real world 'popularity' because there are a lot of fantastic aircraft out there that weren't commercial successes but were still groundbreaking and fantastic airplanes to fly...ie MD-11 and Howard 500 for that matter.

The 727 was a popular aircraft during it's heyday, as was the DC-6.

It's a good thing this isn't Automotive Simulator, cause if things were based on real life sales, Car2Car  and PrecisionDrivingManuals would be asked to make Camry's and Minivans instead of Ferraris and Woodies, because Camrys and Minivans are more common  :P Nothing against Camrys either, they are great reliable cars, but comeon...Jag E type or Camry, which one do you want  to drive?  :hi: ...I suppose it depends on what the simulation is for, if you are simulating hauling kids and groceries, a Jag wouldn't be a good choice LOL.   The most important thing tho is VARIETY  Too much of one type of thing is boring.  Lets have the virtual hangar equivalent of the Camrys and Minivans, the sports cars and 4x4s, the big rigs and busses, and the tanks and APCs...variety is what keeps this sim fun.

CHeers

TJ

Yup, a DC-8 would be a good choice, it was built in large numbers, had lots of variants with both high and low bypass engine variants (much of the necessary development research to simulate those engines being then applicable to other jetliner projects), lots of carriers used it (i.e. PMDG could sell expansion packs in a manner similar to the NG), they are still flying commercially (just about, with a couple of freight airlines), so sounds can be recorded from the real thing and research done for realistic performance etc. Competition-wise, there is a Just Flight DC-8, but there is a Just Flight Constellation too and that hasn't stopped A2A's Connie selling well.

Alan Bradbury