Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch v2.3 coming up! (now released)

No real VNAV but at least, LPV approaches. Does it count as VNAV?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

GTN v2.3 update is coming this afternoon, you might want to download the trainer in advance and wait our update before installing:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=9256

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

GTN v2.3 update is coming this afternoon, you might want to download the trainer in advance and wait our update before installing:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=9256

To confirm, is this update for Xplane or FSX/P3D? Purely coincidentally of course ( I am not cursed) my just perfected and tweaked to perfection i7-6900k machine with triple monitor Eyefinity setup just decided to stop working last night out of the blue. Might install a temporary practice machine while I RMA it IF there's an RXP for FSXSE/P3D coming out any moment.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Posted in the X-Plane forum, for X-Plane!

I don't want you to drool too much on you now defunct computer, but here is a draft of the release notes:

New: Officially released for XP11.
New: Compatible with the latest Garmin GTN Trainer 6.21.
New: GPS satellite reception failure (waas/no-waas/failed).
New: Failures for COM, NAV, XPDR and Audio Panel independently.
New: Screen brightness light source setting.
New: Keys brightness (integral lighting) source setting.
Enhanced: TCAD ghost threats eliminated.

Hopefully not too long for FS-SEX3D, it is worth the wait!

What is the ETA of this update? Especially the TCAD Ghost issue fix?

How will we be notified when the update is available?

It is already: first pinned topic in this forum, worth reading!

http://www.avsim.com/topic/502826-rxp-gtn-750650-touch-v23-xp11-released/

First I will say that I had GTN750/650 and GNS530/430 installed and working great. Now for the update to GTN 2.3.

I am getting error from x-plane "Installation of GTN trainer failed. Unable to find Windows registry entry for install location." when starting.

The GTN trainer on it's own works okay.

Also when installing into XP10 and XP11 it only puts the plugin into XP10. Had to copy over to XP11.

New: Officially released for XP11.

OK, seeing as I have to wait for my main PC for FSX for an indefinite time now, I was thinking of getting Xplane 11 for my backup machine and buying one good aircraft and putting the GTN it so I can keep busy next week or two. My question is, do I need a license for every platform? I know my previous purchases were of the 530 for pre steam FSX, but if I buy the GTN for 11 now Xplane will i need to pay again for the FSX version (which has ALL the planes I want to use it in) when my machine's fixed? OR switch it over?

I'm getting desperate here having spent over 5 digits on a computer/software setup and because of a lousy chip and usual software agreements I am staring at a GTN trainer and no sim at the moment! If i could convert my old FSX GNS530 license to xplane that would be perfect, then wait for GTN when machine comes back (prob same timeframe). I just dont want to buy the GTN for Xplane AND FSX....

I feel literally GROUNDED right now..

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Also when installing into XP10 and XP11 it only puts the plugin into XP10. Had to copy over to XP11.

Thanks a lot for this report, I've identified the issue in the installer. This also affects the GNS installer by the way, which update is planned for tommorow.

I am getting error from x-plane "Installation of GTN trainer failed. Unable to find Windows registry entry for install location." when starting.

Can you please post the content of your "my documents\rxpGtnSim.dll.log" file? I know where this comes from (the trainer) but it is not supposed to trigger, so I'd just like to cross-check.

Rest assured, we are on the code right-now and we will issue a quick update ASAP, so your log file is important to us! 

Update: the installers are now updated online with the necessary corrections. This was a quick fix and this should be ok now, both the installer XP11 option and the popup message when opening the GTN trainer.

You just need to re-download the installers and proceed with installation again.

Just to let you know that I now have GTN750/650 working in XP10 and XP11 as well as GNS530/430.

I still do get the odd crash of XP11 on startup log below.

17/01/30 15:15:22.392 01520 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.3.0.0

17/01/30 15:15:25.299 01520 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.3.0.0

Also the odd screen freeze in both XP10 and XP11, reboot clears this in 650 and 750.

Still setting thing up but will release Bell 429 with Reality XP GTN750/650-GNS530/430 soon and video.

I'm glad the fix is working fine now! This won't distract us from releasing the GNS update today!

I still do get the odd crash of XP11 on startup, also the odd screen freeze in both XP10 and XP11, reboot clears this in 650 and 750.

Can you please clarify the crash? Can you please try using appcrashview and post a corresponding crash report data:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html

As for the 'odd screen freeze', please help me understand what this is.

I was getting a crash when loading an aircraft (any aircraft) that already had a .ini file from a previous installation of the plugin.  If I deleted the .ini file in the aircraft folder, I was able to load perfectly, and open a new GTN window by selecting from the menu.

...Don't have any logs or anything because it's all working fine now.  Hope that helps.

Evan Purcell

Ok this sounds good. This most likely is related to the bug there was in parsing the INI file. You've encountered this in the past if I remember correctly, where you were unable to unselect and/or the selected one was not saved in the INI file.

Does it simulate the subscriptions, like SafeTaxi, FliteCharts and Jeppesen Subscription in this device?