Sign in to follow this  
thibodba57

PMDG 777 - Prime Air

Decided to challenge myself a bit more and make a 777 repaint.  I think I need to tweak my HDR lighting a bit.  Kinda distorts the colors.  What do you guys think?

32144069750_a1d7108e33_c.jpg

32523120775_0e720d05ce_c.jpg

31679400164_47831b5c65_c.jpg

• Upvote 5

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

What package did you use to do the repaint?  I've been looking at giving this a go myself.. I'd be interested to know what you used.

Regards

Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

Excellent job, but as you say, the colours look a little distorted.. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Excellent job, but as you say, the colours look a little distorted.. :cool:

The colors are "dull" with HDR on...if I turn it off then the colors match the logo and plane properly.  So I'll have to sit down and figure out what the proper HDR settings should be or if there is another issue at hand.

What package did you use to do the repaint?  I've been looking at giving this a go myself.. I'd be interested to know what you used.

Regards

Craig

I'm using Photoshop CC 2015 if thats what your asking.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Careful Brian...this is how it starts.

Do one paint....get excited about how good it looks, decide to paint another...then people agree how good they look and ask you to upload them.

Before you know it, you're painting more than you're flying (and enjoying it).

You've been warned. :wink:

(Great paints by the way....love the 777F!)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Careful Brian...this is how it starts.

Do one paint....get excited about how good it looks, decide to paint another...then people agree how good they look and ask you to upload them.

Before you know it, you're painting more than you're flying (and enjoying it).

You've been warned. :wink:

(Great paints by the way....love the 777F!)

Thanks for the advice :-) I only paint what I like to fly...and since I like to bring work home with me probably only limit it to the AAWW livery.  You seem to have done all the heavy lifting for me already :-)  Check your private messages though.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Thanks for the advice :-) I only paint what I like to fly...and since I like to bring work home with me probably only limit it to the AAWW livery.  You seem to have done all the heavy lifting for me already :-)  Check your private messages though.

Hey Brian,

I really like the Atlas livery as well, I've painted her a few times as you may know (and my sig pic hints at, hehe).  If you'd like any of my reference material you're welcome to it, but I imagine you can get some pretty good photos from your company without my help.  :wink:

I painted this unique Atlas livery on the iFly 747, I'll probably move the textures over to the PMDG model when we get her.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/499154-atlas-pressed-into-craf-service/?p=3522002

If you haven't checked already, I replied to your PM. 

Keep painting....you're doing great!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

This aircraft has been updated (6 Jul 2018 1845z).  Give it a day to upload.  Some size adjustments, slight color alterations, new tail number!  Re-download if you got her!  If you don't got her....go get her!

Edited by thibodba57

beta.gif   

My Liveries