Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

Has anyone had issues using A2A FSX released aircraft in P3Dv3.4 ?

In previous setups with older versions of P3D I used the Estonia tool to import my A2A Piper Cub, P-51, and B-17G aircraft purchased for FSX into P3D and everything worked well and updated with the A2A updating tool releases. I have purchased the C-172 and T-6 P3D versions of A2A aircraft and would like to add my other A2A aircraft to my current set-up but have concerns they may corrupt something.

I was thinking of using the method Elaine Dixon has outlined instead of the Estonia Migration tool and I would also install the Accusim packages and use the A2A update tool as before that everyone says still works fine once aircraft are ported into P3D. I know A2A does not support this process.

Has anyone found specific issues or problems adding A2A FSX designed aircraft into P3Dv3.4 with Hotfix 2? I have been reluctant for quite some time so not to mess up my set-up that is running quite well but I do miss those 3 aircraft.

I also find it interesting that if this work around works so well and is this easy why didn't A2A just convert these aircraft like they did with others resell them again?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

In previous setups with older versions of P3D I used the Estonia tool to import my A2A Piper Cub, P-51, and B-17G aircraft purchased for FSX into P3D and everything worked well and updated with the A2A updating tool releases. I have purchased the C-172 and T-6 P3D versions of A2A aircraft and would like to add my other A2A aircraft to my current set-up but have concerns they may corrupt something.

I was thinking of using the method Elaine Dixon has outlined instead of the Estonia Migration tool and I would also install the Accusim packages and use the A2A update tool as before that everyone says still works fine once aircraft are ported into P3D. I know A2A does not support this process.

Has anyone found specific issues or problems adding A2A FSX designed aircraft into P3Dv3.4 with Hotfix 2? I have been reluctant for quite some time so not to mess up my set-up that is running quite well but I do miss those 3 aircraft.

I also find it interesting that if this work around works so well and is this easy why didn't A2A just convert these aircraft like they did with others resell them again?

Thanks in advance

Joe

The reason A2A makes aircraft specifically  for P3D, is that P3D is constantly changing. Using the Migration tool is a way to force an aircraft designed to work with FSX, to work with P3D. If it works, it works, if it doesn't you are out of luck. I personally don't use the migration tool because it can and has caused problems with  P3D, so to me it isn't worth the potential hassle. I only use A2A aircraft designed for P3D, and have zero problems. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think Joe was only referring to older A2A aircraft that do not have a specific P3d version. A2A has no problem with people doing this as long as one doesn't ask them for support. I used Elaine's approach to install the military P-51 into P3d V3 and it works fine, even with a TacPack gun added on for further realism.

• Upvote 1

I think Joe was only referring to older A2A aircraft that do not have a specific P3d version. A2A has no problem with people doing this as long as one doesn't ask them for support. I used Elaine's approach to install the military P-51 into P3d V3 and it works fine, even with a TacPack gun added on for further realism.

I understand that, and my comment still stands. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Bob

I appreciate your comments and I have concerns as well, however I am not sure using Elaine Dixon's method is the same as the Migration tool which appears to be much more invasive into the P3D files.

So I am still looking for examples of people that have had specific issues using A2A "non P3D designed aircraft i.e. FSX designed" and therefore wished they had not done it using Elaine's method. The few people I had talked to through emails say they have had no issues.

BTW I greatly appreciate all Elaine does for our flight sim community with all her detailed "how to" documentation!

Thanks in advance

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I run all the "older" A2A modules in P3D. I have one plane that won't do anything and that is the Cherokee. Even with it, I can't say it's not my fault. It simply quit loading late last year and it has a P3D installer. I've even redownloaded the installer and it still won't run, for some reason it doesn't record anything in the Documents folder, but that is not what you asked about. I have no problems with the early A2A modules. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I run all the "older" A2A modules in P3D. I have one plane that won't do anything and that is the Cherokee. Even with it, I can't say it's not my fault. It simply quit loading late last year and it has a P3D installer. I've even redownloaded the installer and it still won't run, for some reason it doesn't record anything in the Documents folder, but that is not what you asked about. I have no problems with the early A2A modules. 

Thanks Jim

What process did you use to install the A2A "FSX" aircraft? 

I am looking at the Piper Cub, P-51, and B17G aircraft I purchased in my FSX days, now I only fly P3D.

Joe

As long as you have an FSX.exe in the P3D folder, you can just point the A2A installers to it and away you go. The pre-P3D A2A products work great in P3D.

Yes, all the A2A aircraft you mention are working fine for me in P3D 3.4.

Do this: Make a copy of your P3D.exe.  Rename it to fsx.exe.  Then point your installer and you're good to go.

Yes to those answers!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

What process did you use to install the A2A "FSX" aircraft?

As said above you just need a fsx.exe file in the p3d folder.

It does not have to be the real thing so don't bother re-naming a p3d.exe copy or finding a true fsx.exe.

Just rename an empty .txt file to fsx.exe.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Do this: Make a copy of your P3D.exe.  Rename it to fsx.exe.  Then point your installer and you're good to go.

Your spot on Alan this is the method used by most,  I had mixed results with this though specifically with the P51 and the Stratacruiser Installing folders everywhere and not updating correctly,  hence why i put the Guide together   

But like you said Creating a fake FSX.exe and the result being This does work for most folks