Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

Random Events

First of all, thank you for Pilot2ATC, for the most part it works great.  However, it becomes a bit routine after a while.

Thinking it might be a nice addition to add some random events. Some possible examples

• SID/STAR/RWY gets changed at the last minute due to changing winds
  • Short delay at gate due to weather/traffic/maintenance
  • Assigned to a hold due to traffic
  • Directed to do a go around while on final due to a runway incursion
  • Arrival airport is closed due to weather/emergency and we get diverted to alternate airport
  • divert to different altitude due to reported turbulence or traffic

I'm sure there are many other things like that which pilots have to be prepared to deal with that could be incorporated into Pilot2ATC that would make the flight a lot more interesting.

Anyways, just a suggestion if you're looking for features to add. Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the ideas.  Some of them, like being sent around for traffic on the runway, are already in the program, but the traffic actually has to be on the runway.  I've had it happen to me 3 or 4 times now.

But yes, the introduction of these non-standard events is something in the future plans.

Thanks again,

Dave