Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Dual installation EzDokv2 and Chase Plane is it possible

Guest JustanotherPilot

Hi Keven,

I purchased Chase Plane (first available version) when it was first released but despite repeated efforts in FSX-SE I could never get it to run. My main Sim Platform is Prepar3D v3.4 which has Ezdok v2 installed,   updated from v1. I have been following closely the progress of Chase Plane and would now like to install into my Prepar3D. There are many improvements with version 2 of EzDok (and I don't require an active internet connection to run) but CP has some features that I really like and it continues to improve offering excellent support.

I understand that during the CP installation it overwrites the Ezdok entry in the exe.xml file.

I would like to know - if I backup this original exe.xml and install CP, can I alternate between CP and Ezdok v2 by reverting back to the original exe.xml, changing back to the CP entry when I want to use CP. I  still would like to use Ezdok until I have CP up and running to my satisfaction before I use it as my dedicated camera utility but dont want to be caught in limbo with no cameras from either program.

Put simply, can I use both when it suits, by swapping between the original and modified exe.xml file

stev s

Hi Steve,

You can backup your exe.xml and cameras.cfg located in your appdata folder.

They are the only files you need to backup

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42