Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Setting up the view point in the FSL A320

After years of setting up new aircraft views, I spent some time setting up the right view point with Chaseplane for this amazing aircraft.

As normal the view is wrong or perhaps a compromise is the best term,  it's set that way to give a good view of the VC that works well for most people.

I use a zoom level of .80 (wideview) as much as i would like to use 1.00 its just to restrictive for me.

But here is how to get the view spot on. Please also note to use this you will need TrackIR or Chaseplane/Ezdoc.(I use TrackIR+Chaseplane)

If you look closely at this you will see 3 balls, 2 White and one Red. These are for the pilots to set up there views as intended by Airbus, there was once even a air crash that was put down to the pilots not setting up there view correctly. So yes its important.

red.jpg

The first thing to do is make sure your seat is in the middle, in this its the Captains side. Don't look at the seat, look at the floor and make sure your in the middle, The areas I have outlined you match with the other side to get perfect symmetry.

set-up.jpg

After this you have to move your view point forward a lot. 

The goal here is simple, you need to place your view so you cannot see the white ball on the FO side. Keep moving that view forward to its covered. Now your in the right place as Airbus wants you. It will feel odd at first. This is how my VC view looks after its set right.

vc.jpg

Here is how this view point looks, looking round the VC.

view-1.jpg

view-2.jpg

In this shot you will see you can only see the Red ball hiding the FO side white ball.

view-3.jpg

Here is a real photo of the view from the side so you can see the view point of the pilots.

view.jpg

Lastly this is one of the reasons I use two screens one set above the other. Here is my view of the sim

A320-vc.jpg

Have fun, Enjoy!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

After years of setting up new aircraft views, I spent some time setting up the right view point with Chaseplane for this amazing aircraft.

As normal the view is wrong or perhaps a compromise is the best term,  it's set that way to give a good view of the VC that works well for most people.

I use a zoom level of .80 (wideview) as much as i would like to use 1.00 its just to restrictive for me.

But here is how to get the view spot on. Please also note to use this you will need TrackIR or Chaseplane/Ezdoc.(I use TrackIR+Chaseplane)

If you look closely at this you will see 3 balls, 2 White and one Red. These are for the pilots to set up there views as intended by Airbus, there was once even a air crash that was put down to the pilots not setting up there view correctly. So yes its important.

red.jpg

The first thing to do is make sure your seat is in the middle, in this its the Captains side. Don't look at the seat, look at the floor and make sure your in the middle, The areas I have outlined you match with the other side to get perfect symmetry.

set-up.jpg

After this you have to move your view point forward a lot. 

The goal here is simple, you need to place your view so you cannot see the white ball on the FO side. Keep moving that view forward to its covered. Now your in the right place as Airbus wants you. It will feel odd at first. This is how my VC view looks after its set right.

vc.jpg

Here is how this view point looks, looking round the VC.

view-1.jpg

view-2.jpg

In this shot you will see you can only see the Red ball hiding the FO side white ball.

view-3.jpg

Here is a real photo of the view from the side so you can see the view point of the pilots.

view.jpg

Lastly this is one of the reasons I use two screens one set above the other. Here is my view of the sim

A320-vc.jpg

Have fun, Enjoy!

Thanks alot for the information. Going to install the Airbus tonight.

I also used to have 2 monitors like you do but since having my 4K 49" its been a little more complicated on my desktop.

Is the second monitor you use a 24" 16.9 ?

I dont use wideview as i like it that way.

i have to look into a second monitor again as moving my head with the Hatswitch is a pain

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Is the second monitor you use a 24" 16.9 ?

I don't use wideview as i like it that way.

26" 16.9

I have to use wideview when using chaseplane Michael.

After years with ezdoc, I have to say chaseplane is a keeper, support when ever you need it, it's being developed all the time. So easy to use, love it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

David, you make a valid point! Very often, PC simmers use a too low zoom factor. Depending on the aircraft, 0.7 to 1.0 should be all right.

You will be amazed how limited the view is in a real cockpit and how close you actually sit to the instruments. The use of TrackIr is a big help.

Did not know about the red and white balls. Somehow it escaped me when reading the airbus manuals... Thanks for the hint!

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR