Sign in to follow this  
CaptainGabe

United Airlines - N2331U First Long Haul!

I would just like to say (considerably late) to the PMDG team that I am absolutely in awe with the 777. Working with the 773 in real life, and coming home only to feel still present in it's glory is just an amazing feeling. I've been with the simming world for 10 years and for the first time, I truly understood " As real as it gets " with your products. Anyway, enough kissing.

My first Long Haul with the 777-300ER in my own livery (and first for PMDG!). 
2.jpg

1.jpg

• Upvote 8

Beautiful livery!  Can't wait to be on her inaugural scheduled flight next month from EWR-SFO!!! 

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks very much for your repaint! Yesterday the RW N2331U flew from SFO to Narita, and at the moment I am replicating that flight using your repaint.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL2120/history/20170125/1940Z/KSFO/RJAA

Mike

You are very much welcome. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Beautiful livery!  Can't wait to be on her inaugural scheduled flight next month from EWR-SFO!!! 

I agree! I'd say a fair and bittersweet trade-off for the 747. 

• Upvote 1

Not only is your repaint beautiful, those two screenshots are gorgeous as well, especially the first one.  The sense of motion and raw speed is uncanny!

Andrew Jones

You picked my favorite type of flights! Training flights that have little load, the 777 climbs like a rocket. Is United doing more of these? - David Lee

I believe they will do the same with 2332U, or hopefully all of them. I love the "tour de hubs" United does with its new aircraft. 

I very much agree with you that PMDG has created a thing of beauty with their 777. Underneath the simplicity of the workload for the pilot lies a complexity of engineering that is awe inspiring. Although I have only been required to use it twice (once for tail strike and once for main gear failure after take off), that non normal checklist that just opens at the right procedures page is just incredible.

I appreciate that this is Boeing's inventiveness, but the depth of simulation that PMDG has recreated here cannot be overestimated.

• Upvote 1

You picked my favorite type of flights! Training flights that have little load, the 777 climbs like a rocket. Is United doing more of these? - David Lee

Hi David,

N2331U is about to land at SFO coming back from Narita.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL2120

United is apparently using flight 2120 for this aircraft's current flights, although sometimes other aircraft are using it too.

If you search N2331U on Flightaware you should be able to see most of its test flights.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N2331U

Mike

PS: Just found this for N2332U on Flightaware, KPAE-KSFO three weeks ago (N2331U did same flight, then sat at SFO for a few weeks):

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N2332U

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

UAL539 is the official first scheduled flight. Now they better not change it, cause I got a print made to commemorate the trip and it says UAL539. Planning on getting it signed by entire crew.

• Upvote 1

UAL539 is the official first scheduled flight. Now they better not change it, cause I got a print made to commemorate the trip and it says UAL539. Planning on getting it signed by entire crew.

This is so cool! Can I come along and claim to be your comfort dog? (Already tried this once when seeing my wife off, but TSA agent said you actually have to be a dog.)

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

This is so cool! Can I come along and claim to be your comfort dog? (Already tried this once when seeing my wife off, but TSA agent said you actually have to be a dog.)Mike

Ha there are still some open seats in Polaris and even economy. Price wasn't that bad. But ha if you can sweet talk TSA - sure you can be my comfort dog. Should be quite a celebration if anything like previous inaugurals. The seat next to me for the last scheduled United 747 flight is open too.

Ha there are still some open seats in Polaris and even economy. Price wasn't that bad. But ha if you can sweet talk TSA - sure you can be my comfort dog. Should be quite a celebration if anything like previous inaugurals.

Just looked on UAL's web site and there are seats going and coming back the next day for c. $350. Unfortunately I live too
far away and my wife would not appreciate such a jaunt anyway.

Woof, woof.

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

There is no info about their cockpit options. Can you take some pictures of the cockpit? I'd like to adjust the panel config. I wonder what the altitude callouts they are using too. - David Lee

• Upvote 1

There is no info about their cockpit options. Can you take some pictures of the cockpit? I'd like to adjust the panel config. I wonder what the altitude callouts they are using too. - David Lee

I was lucky enough to get their cockpit setup correctly. Altitude call outs were my only issue.