Sign in to follow this  
garrymol

newbie 737 pilot fmc issues

Hi Hope someone out there can help me.

i am trying to follow the pmdg tut 1 but for the life of me cant figure out why the fmc in sim is reading different info from the document for example some pages have more in the sim than in the doc

and sids and stars etc are also different even if i try another tutorial everything is different ?

TIA

Garry

I use Navigraph to update the FMC database periodically, Skyvector to print out STARs, SIDS, approach plates, airport diagrams etc., and Flightaware or Vatsim to obtain real world routings. All of this is free with the exception of Navigraph which is around $5 per nav cycle, an unbelievable bargain considering you can update all of your payware FMC's. Anyway, hope that helps

Garry,

The documents found on the website will be out of date compared to the ones you have on your system.

There are multiple people who have offered help, and help from people will be better than help from a document. If you could be a little more specific about the issue that you're having, I'm sure someone will be able to guide you through the process. With very few exceptions, the tutorial will be exactly what you need, provided you follow the directions exactly (aren't trying to use a different plane, with different weather, airports, and so on).

For what it's worth, if you're looking at the SID/STARs, note that the sequence number may be different, and that usually results in little to no change. As an example, the ABCDE1 SID may eventually become the ABCDE2 SID. Simply use the ABCDE2 SID in place of the ABCDE1 mentioned in the document (or whatever the actual SID is, I don't have it in front of me at the moment).

Above all:

Patience. This is a realistic simulation of an aircraft. You're not going to learn it in a day.

Also:

Full names - first and last - are required to be placed in your posts here. Please ensure that you do this in future posts.

Kyle Rodgers