Sign in to follow this  
omnimae

Help with P3D?

Greetings everyone,

After many years away from the sims worlds, I decided to return, and of course I did it with the Sim that got me in this world for the first time MS Flight Simulator, Many years ago I started with FS95, the I moved to FS98 passed through FS2000 then 2002 and then 2004 with a brief moment of Terminal reality Fly!, when FSX went out, I installed it, at that time made I few flights but I stopped and never continued until now, Because of the limitation of the original aircraft I just bought also PMDG 737 and couple of airports, but for my sad surprise I wasn't aware of the limitation of the 32 bits DX9 architecture, even with my new pc able to run DOOM (the new one)

in ultra high in 3440*1440 res at 40 fps, the performance in fsx is just not has good as I thought it will be, 9 to 15 fps in approach and ground, 22 to 28 on fly at high altitude. Now my questions and the of the point this post, Lockheed took the mantle and the development with P3D, but my questions are the following:

- How similar and/or different is FSX from P3D? is just cosmetic or are really changes in the core?

- Is P3D 32bit or 64 bit?

- It solve the issues related too poor management of memory in FSX?

- P3D it take more advantage of the GPU and relies less on CPU power?

- Is planned to make it work with DX11?

Why I ask all this?, well I want to be sure if I decide to migrate to P3D all my frustration related to FSX this past weeks, will go away, really I dont want to find myself again in another dead-end.

Thanks in advance and Regards.

You have listed no specs of your PC.   If you are running FSX with poor performance and you are considering Prepar3D with same system, your problems/frustrations  are NOT going to go away.

Recommend you go here and review the features plus recommended system requirements. Also note Prepar3D's  licensing restrictions regarding personal consumer entertainment.

http://prepar3d.com/product-overview/

WAT1460.png

You have listed no specs of your PC.   If you are running FSX with poor performance and you are considering Prepar3D with same system, your problems/frustrations  are NOT going to go away.

Recommend you go here and review the features plus recommended system requirements. Also note Prepar3D's  licensing restrictions regarding personal consumer entertainment.

http://prepar3d.com/product-overview/

About the specs of my computer:

CPU AMD FX 9590 Black Edition 4.7 GHz.

Memory 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 Mhz

Motherboard Gigabyte 990fxa UD3

Video: MSI AMD 390 8GB of memory

Hard drive: CRUCIAL MX300 512 GB

Monitor: DELL 34 Ultra-wide 3440x1440

Acer 29 1980x1080

Is poor performance to my aspiration, but it seems I'm at the average of the Sim population. My frustration comes is because I'm able to play games that will put any computer on his knees but still runs better than a 2007 FSX.

Regards.

Here is my recommendation since you asked.  Your system is MORE than adequate to run FSX and Prepar3D with excellent results. 

Why not start with the numerous sources available in configuring your system to run FSX ?  (Nick's Bible on Simforums.com comes to mind as a good start)

If you purchase P3D without getting great  performance from your FSX first, you are wasting time and money. :wink:

WAT1460.png

There's two way to look at this.

FSX and P3D are quite different when it comes to settings and particular tweaks.  As long as you have a system that meets LM recommendations, there's nothing you do to FSX that is going to apply to P3D other than don't install in the Programs(x86) default location.  In fact, since FSX only uses the CPU and P3D is using both CPU and GPU, you can expect much better performance out of the box not to mention how great DX11 can look.

Dan Downs KCRP