Sign in to follow this  
rene2004

Speedbrakes do not deploy when engaging reverse thrust

Dear fellow simmers,

when I do a landing, autoland or non-presicion, it takes me a long distance to get the speed at about 60 knots. Looking outside the plane, when landing, I noticed that the automatic deployment of the speedbrakes does not work when I engage the reverse thrust.

I use the Saitek pro flight yoke system and arm the speedbrakes by the throttle quadrant. But it also does not work when I arm the speedbrakes  with the keystroke Shift+/.

Thurtermore the speedbrakes are engaged.

This problem is of course even more frustrating when you have to land on a short runway, which is almost impossible.

I hope someone can help me to solve this issue.

René

Since you mention that you have it set up via your hardware, my bet is that your hardware is interfering somehow. Try unplugging your throttle quadrant and then using shift / to arm them prior to landing. See how that goes. If it works, then your hardware is causing some sort of issue.

Kyle Rodgers

FYI

I always arm with the throttle quadrant, have set the Red one(mixture) to use for the airbrake. Have no problem at all, working every time.

Saitek pro Flight Yoke and pedals set direct in FSX.

• Upvote 1

Per W Sweden

FYI

I always arm with the throttle quadrant, have set the Red one(mixture) to use for the airbrake. Have no problem at all, working every time.

Saitek pro Flight Yoke and pedals set direct in FSX.

Did you unplug your throttle quadrant as Kyle asked? And if you did what were the results. You people ask for help but never follow directions.

Did you unplug your throttle quadrant as Kyle asked? And if you did what were the results. You people ask for help but never follow directions.

Hello I am not the one who have problems. For me airbrakes works everytime. Read all posts before accuse me for not follow directions. For me FSX:SE and PMDGs aircrafts works perfect, also FSLABS new A320.

Watch what you are saying, I do not like besserwissers that jump on me when they do not know the whole thread and who said what.

Per W Sweden

I did remove the axis for the speedbrakes in the FSX-settings and used the keystroke shift+/. This also did not work.

As you suggest i will unplug the throttle quadrant totally, also physical, and try again.

I hope it will give an idea of the background of the problem.

Tomorrow evening I will informe you on the results.

René

René, forgive me if I missed it, but how did you set up your spoiler axis? Did you use FSUIPC, and if so,how? If you set up through FSUIPC, make sure you delete the spoiler assignments inside FSX for all connected hardware.

Fellow simmers,

I did unplug the whole Pro Flight Yoke System and used the Microsoft Sidewinder, but still no upcoming speedbrakes.

Furthermore I have a laptop for EFB. I installed FSX (SP1, SP2) and PMDG 737NGX without any addons and plugged in the Microsoft Sidewinder.

I did not assign any buttons but placed the plane on the runway, set autobrakes on 2, armed the speedbrakes and engaged the reverse thrust. Again no upcoming speedbrakes.

Has anybody any idea?

René

I use the red mixture axis for speedbrakes too and it won't deploy upon touchdown when I move the lever just a bit to get it into the armed position. I now use a button on the yoke to arm the speedbrakes.

Since you already tried using the hotkey I'm not sure if this will help but perhaps you want to try putting the lever into the armed position using the mouse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD