Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Top three addons for new user?

Here are some great freeware airports - even though listed as XP10 the majority will also work in XP11:

And a list of some of the best payware releases of 2016:

And as stated - Beti-X Bella Coola may well end up being the best scenery release of 2017:

Thanks Michel-

Just got home and ran XP11 and got a crash. Sim is unusable right now. So, can't move forward with anything at this point.

Pretty disappointing. Don't remember P3D doing this on the very first run.

Cheers,

Mark

Was there an error text box? As others mentioned, check the log file. Or, just reinstall...on X-Plane it's incredibly simple, just delete the XP11 folder and run the installer program.

Or, just reinstall...on X-Plane it's incredibly simple, just delete the XP11 folder and run the installer program.

=@ Can we please stop telling people to delete the complete XP11 folder?

In his case, it is probably known bug and will -should- be solved in PB9 (ETA today?). See his other topic for the crash.

In worst case, if you think the problem is with your setup: delete the preferences folder (In the Output folder) and remove all plugins you have added, then rerun the installer and let it overwrite every file you changed. It is smart to make a copy of the Joystick and Keys preferences file.

Can we have this advice as a sticky ?

Jan

• Upvote 4

=@ Can we please stop telling people to delete the complete XP11 folder?

In his case, it is probably known bug and will -should- be solved in PB9 (ETA today?). See his other topic for the crash.

In worst case, if you think the problem is with your setup: delete the preferences folder (In the Output folder) and remove all plugins you have added, then rerun the installer and let it overwrite every file you changed. It is smart to make a copy of the Joystick and Keys preferences file.

Can we have this advice as a sticky ?

Jan

Agreed.  many times, just deleting the prefs will solve any issues with XP.  Unless it is a community wide issue (which would result in a bug, as this is still beta), deleting the entire XP folder is needless.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I have yet to pay for any addons there are so many free sceneries and plug ins.

xEnviro has promise, but I am holding off for a few months until they work through more items on their roadmap.

So far I really like X-RAAS (make sure you download the newer version which works with XP-11), all of Mister X6's airports, GB pro v2 for UK scenery, the Doha airport and new city scenery are good. I have also downloaded the EADT 737 which seems great for freeware. I still need to purchase the FMC so I can fly it properly, rather than the few circuits which I have done.

I am still figuring out a strategy for photo scenery before I start churning out tiles. Right now I have downloaded the HD Mesh v3 tiles for the US and Europe. I will see how that works out as I do not really want to spend $150 right now on a 5TB HDD to store some Ortho tiles.

My first payware sceneries will probably be the new KDFW coming out soon, may be the EGKK, EGLL and Drzewiecki New York City if it goes on sale. 

Here are some great freeware airports - even though listed as XP10 the majority will also work in XP11:

https://youtu.be/R2m0MCW0bz8

And a list of some of the best payware releases of 2016:

https://youtu.be/7itoZSxDUQw

And as stated - Beti-X Bella Coola may well end up being the best scenery release of 2017:

https://youtu.be/GYk-H_0a274

Excellent.

Where do the ground textures and clouds come from in this video? I think the Hawker is going to be my first purchase :>)

Excellent.

Where do the ground textures and clouds come from in this video? I think the Hawker is going to be my first purchase :>)

Photoscenery can be found for free on different sites (also works with XP11):

The clouds in most of the videos are SMP, although I've now converted to XEnviro :wink:

Thanks! I just looked at a short how to YouTube video on using Ortho4XP to create scenery.

A-mazing!

Cheers,

Mark

I am also a P3D convert to XP11. In my opinion, these are the must-have paid add-ons:

1. xCamera 

2. xEnviro 

3. Pilot2ATC (particularly if you are doing IFR flying, but it's good for VFR too)

As for planes, I've tried about six of the most popular ones and my favorite with XP11 is the Aerobask E1000.  It works nearly flawlessly despite being a PT6 (cf. the Quest Kodiak) and has an awesome touch screen GPS that reminds me of the GTN 750.  The iXEG 737 is a work of art.  It has some minor issues with XP11 flight dynamics and such, but it's still worth a buy.  I fly it a lot.

For freeware scenery, Prefab Airports is a must-have imo if you fly general aviation and like smaller airports, FSeconomy, etc.  It does have some conflicts with the E1000--see the support forum about that.

Thanks Mark. 

I'm going to be busy this weekend and am very excited!

I just bought the Challenger 300 from recently discovered xplane.org (deal of the day) and need to figure out how to install it. Shouldn't be too hard-looks like a patch goes along with it to work with XP11.

I think I'll install OpenScenery as well as it look like it's required for installation of airports?

Thanks,

Mark