Sign in to follow this  
ILYUSHIN_IL62

fsx.cfg?

Ok so long story short.  I was advised to delete my fsx.cfg file for it to re-generate a new one to fix a certain scenery I have installed (which didn't work BTW)  and in the process I have all my add-ons affected by this now.  They all seem to work normally, but I'm missing pretty much all my re-paints for every add-on.  For example my PMDG series It only has 1 or 2 repaints showing up in FSX.  Everything looks good in the folders as if they're installed.  I've even tried uninstalling/reinstalling my PMDG aircraft to get to the same result.  It also affects new installs with multiple liveries.  I am wondering if it is because I have FSX installed in my Program Files x64 folder, I've heard that it can cause issues.  Any feedback would be taken on how to resolve this, hopefully without having to re-install FSX if possible.  

Also, I unintentionally emptied my recycle been so my original fsx.cfg is long gone.  I did this several months  ago, but I've been quite busy so I'm just getting around to playing around with this again....

Thanks! 

Have you gone through your settings at all to see what might have changed with the new FSX.cfg?  Have

you looked at your Aircraft Selection screen to make sure that "Show all Variations" is checked?

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Ok so long story short.  I was advised to delete my fsx.cfg file for it to re-generate a new one to fix a certain scenery I have installed (which didn't work BTW)  and in the process I have all my add-ons affected by this now.  They all seem to work normally, but I'm missing pretty much all my re-paints for every add-on.  For example my PMDG series It only has 1 or 2 repaints showing up in FSX.  Everything looks good in the folders as if they're installed.  I've even tried uninstalling/reinstalling my PMDG aircraft to get to the same result.  It also affects new installs with multiple liveries.  I am wondering if it is because I have FSX installed in my Program Files x64 folder, I've heard that it can cause issues.  Any feedback would be taken on how to resolve this, hopefully without having to re-install FSX if possible.  

Also, I unintentionally emptied my recycle been so my original fsx.cfg is long gone.  I did this several months  ago, but I've been quite busy so I'm just getting around to playing around with this again....

Thanks! 

deleting the fsx.cfg wont affect the addon repaints, repaints are controlled by the aircraft.cfg in each of the aircraft folders in sim objects, if the fsx.cfg is failing to regenerate your sim wont load and you will not see anything at all

please confirm you have ticked show all models in the aircraft selection window ?

have you done a system restore or anything like that as that can affect any cfg file on c drive or the others you might have selected

• Upvote 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Oh now I feel like a dolt, haha... Answer was right in front of me...  "Show all variations" was not selected.... Ok fixed now haha... Thanks guys  :fool:

Easy fix!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Lol happend to me before what i did i installed all my planes 737 777 etc and it wasnt showing up besides the pmdg default ones soo i reinstalled my OS like 5times and my sim lots of times and realised it was just of one damn click xd