Sign in to follow this  
over2departure

Inaugural Flight

I thought someone was saying month or so ago that we should have a 747v3 group flight when it's released. I don't know where the thread goes however.

Mine will probably be a short hop just to take it for a spin to see how it handles by hand.  Taking off from Lihue (PHLI) in sunny conditions and doing a few turns around the Island experimenting with the handling will be fun.  Then flying approximately 110 degrees coming in for a nice long approach to Honolulu (PHNL) RWY 80L only about 25 min away.

Certainly not a flight where I'll learn the FMC and bells and whistles, or follow regulations, etc. (please don't bust my balls die-hards) but hey- it's the first flight and I want to get the lady right into the air.  I best most of us won't be able to resist the urge to simply gun-it-and-go for that first flight.

Once I get that out of my system, I look forward to going through the tutorial and savoring every minute of it.

Mark Trainer

I'm stuck between:

KLM661 // EHAM-KIAH
UAL881 // KORD-RJAA

it will be local flights. just to get used to the aircraft before going to long haul. so EGKK - LFPG or EGLL - LFPG. those two are my testing routes. not too far, but i get enough time to sort the aircraft out properly.

when im used to flying her, my proper routes will be EGLL - KPHX - EGLL as BAW289 (to PHX) and BAW288 (to LHR).

James Fakeri

Guest BeaverDriver

Whatever the tutorial flight is, if it comes with one. That will happen after a few quality hours with the manuals first though :wink:

Glenn Davy

Would seem appropriate that everyone pick up their keys (and yes they give us keys) and boxed lunches at the delivery centre and then on to your head office locations.

I myself will be taking it from Seattle to Montreal with the customary low pass over the field to celebrate the arrival of a new aircraft type - well re-entry in to service for AC

KPAE-KPAE, local 1-5H to test the bird

or

LLBG-LLBG same flight(1-5 H test flight)