Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Brand new install, crash

Well, installed XP11, 172 @ KTVL runway 180 and I get...

Null texture-how?

ref=388

Crash report

Great.

So, what would be the next step?

Thanks,

Mark

This happens sometimes if you are running another instance of X-Plane. If you have ver. 10 running, exit it and try again. If you are not running another version, I wold reboot and try again.

Mark, you should look at your log.txt file in the root folder of XPXI. The last few lines might help to find out what went wrong. You can always post it here as an attachment and the more knowledgeable simmers here will probably tell right away what happened.

Well, installed XP11, 172 @ KTVL runway 180 and I get...

Null texture-how?

ref=388

Crash report

Great.

So, what would be the next step?

Thanks,

Mark

I had the same error....in my case it was due to conflicting configuration in my throttle quadrants....I deleted the contents of my "Preferences" folder and started again.

Other people have had success starting a default cessna and then moving to another aircraft.

This happens sometimes if you are running another instance of X-Plane. If you have ver. 10 running, exit it and try again. If you are not running another version, I wold reboot and try again.

Hi Donald-

Direct convert from P3d; no version 10 here.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark, you should look at your log.txt file in the root folder of XPXI. The last few lines might help to find out what went wrong. You can always post it here as an attachment and the more knowledgeable simmers here will probably tell right away what happened.

Will do and thank you.

I had the same error....in my case it was due to conflicting configuration in my throttle quadrants....I deleted the contents of my "Preferences" folder and started again.

Other people have had success starting a default cessna and then moving to another aircraft.

Hmmm..I'm using a HOTAS throttle and a CH joystick. Not sure where the preferences folder is but will find out.

Thanks,

Mark

Not sure where the preferences folder is but will find out.

XP11/Output/Preferences

before you delete folder contents, save you joystic settings.prf file so you can restore, otherwise you will need to setup you HOTAS and CH again.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

XP11/Output/Preferences

before you delete folder contents, save you joystic settings.prf file so you can restore, otherwise you will need to setup you HOTAS and CH again.

Carlos, in my case the joystick settings were the problem.....so asking to save the settings to restore may actually restore the problem

according to a comment in the developer blog, ben mentioned that unplugging the joystick before launch seemed to fix one of the issues. A fix in PB9 is comming for that.

However he was adament that there can be multiple issues that throw the null error out and if the joystick fix didnt work, you should file a bug report asap

XP11/Output/Preferences

Hi Carlos-

Deleted entire contents, reinstalled joystick/throttle and all works again. Thanks you.

Went back to KTVL with the stock 172. AC is almost uncontrollable until you get some speed and direction going. 

Went back to KTVL with the stock 172. AC is almost uncontrollable until you get some speed and direction going. 

Are you using the rudder during takeoff?

Are you gently pushing it in the throttle instead of suddenly firewalling it?

Have you checked if winds are zeroed?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Hi Murmur-

I had 15 minutes prior to going out the door to work so i will try again tonight when I get home.

One thing I did notice while flying around the lake is that there were zero stutters. A very nice thing to see vs P3D even a pretty powerful PC; Haswell @ 4.5, Titan Black and all SSD (Evo). This is lookin' pretty good so far. :>)