Sign in to follow this  
Lewicide

Meridian v1.1 G1000

The Meridian (now v1.1) has an "improved" G1000

So far this is the only Carenado Fsx Ac I don't have

Has anyone spotted the improvements yet ?

Is it the same as the Tbm 850 G1000 ?

Cheers

For some reason, they list their fixes only on Facebook.

NEW VERSION RELEASED (v1.1)

PA46 500TP MERIDIAN G1000 HD SERIES FSX/P3D

- Fixes the torque indicator to show in LB-FT
- Fixes the DAY/NIGHT switch to the correct position
- PROP HEAT button is animated.
- FUEL PUMPS tooltips are showing correct
- Fixes a problem that causes the main door shade stays on the door closed position when you opened the door
- Fixes a problem that causes the 2D PFD remains on even on Cold and Dark
- Bank button implemented
- Reverse lock out button is now working.
- Minor bugs fixed.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

Look forward to trying out v1.1 ..... really enjoying v1.0, despite a few bugs.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

The Meridian is improved indeed in 1.1. The G1000 though... For example the Direct-to can be selected from the flight plan page but it automatically erases every waypoint before AND after. It's basically useless.

A few other things are better, although VC windows reflections on/off aren't fixed. 

Yaw damper effectiveness is corrected now too, it makes a difference.

Also some new things showed up, like on taxi every time you add power the 'starter engaged' in both white and yellow keeps coming on and off on MFD. Or the G1000 hangs if you go to weather radar page and try to turn the outer knob accidentally. No way out no matter what I press or turn, restart the aircraft.

Luckily the Shift+6,7,8,9 are not really needed in this one so after putting in the RXP530 and weather gauges it's quite an enjoyable airplane to fly now!

That's just from a quick test flight, we'll see later tonight.

Christopher Malek

Sydney, Australia

Luckily the Shift+6,7,8,9 are not really needed in this one so after putting in the RXP530 and weather gauges it's quite an enjoyable airplane to fly now!

It's sad that the Carenado G1000 is so poor, that a 530 has to be added. Since Carenado has failed in numerous attempts, why doesn't RXP or Flight1 come up with a G1000 that can be added to these airplanes? They seem to be the only developers that can do a Garmin GPS that works properly. 

The Meridian is improved indeed in 1.1. The G1000 though... For example the Direct-to can be selected from the flight plan page but it automatically erases every waypoint before AND after. It's basically useless.

It's not realistic, but I think I've found that if you go to the FPL page, and scroll down to the waypoint that you want to do a DTO to, then press 'Menu', and choose to 'activate leg', the G1000 seems to do a DTO directly to the chosen waypoint.  The bad news is, the MFD page is not updated, so you don't see your new DTO leg.  The aircraft does seem to head straight there though!

Is it the same as the TBM 850 G1000 ?

It's a slightly updated version but there is nothing radically improved about it as far as I can see.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

I think I've found that if you go to the FPL page, and scroll down to the waypoint that you want to do a DTO to, then press 'Menu', and choose to 'activate leg', the G1000 seems to do a DTO directly to the chosen waypoint.  The bad news is, the MFD page is not updated, so you don't see your new DTO leg.

Yeah, the magenta line as well as dist info are gone but it does seem to fly straight there, go figure. However it flies straight to the new waypoint only if I quickly manually delete all the previous waypoints in the flight plan. I tried that online in a busy airspace and unfortunately I gave ATC more unables than Sully over the Hudson. Otherwise it activates the previous leg not a real direct to, much like in their otherwise excellent CJ2!

Christopher Malek

Sydney, Australia

Folks, please send all of your findings to Carenado so they can work on an update.

Contrary to popular opinion, they do take note of our findings.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Yeah, the magenta line as well as dist info are gone but it does seem to fly straight there, go figure. However it flies straight to the new waypoint only if I quickly manually delete all the previous waypoints in the flight plan. I tried that online in a busy airspace and unfortunately I gave ATC more unables than Sully over the Hudson. Otherwise it activates the previous leg not a real direct to, much like in their otherwise excellent CJ2!

What if you enter the waypoint twice and go direct to the second time the waypoint is entered. This seemed to have worked in some of their other products. 

I have purchased many of the Carenado products, if not all. Looking forward to this release and initially with the new cockpit design I thought well this is good, but then the typical problems arose and I waited for the usual update. The update and the add on arrive nearly the same time (which should have included in the original release) and the results were worse than the original! ##### I made my disappointment plain to the Carenado people on FB but as of yet I have heard nothing!

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

I have purchased many of the Carenado products, if not all. Looking forward to this release and initially with the new cockpit design I thought well this is good, but then the typical problems arose and I waited for the usual update. The update and the add on arrive nearly the same time (which should have included in the original release) and the results were worse than the original! ##### I made my disappointment plain to the Carenado people on FB but as of yet I have heard nothing!

I agree that sadly, V1.1 has more bugs than v1.0 in this case.

Hopefully if we report them to them, they'll put out a v1.2 very soon.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

To do it right requires that you decompress the .cab into its own folder in the panel folder, decompile the .spb, then manually find the lines of code that deal with the engine display, move that code into a separate .xml file and make calls to the new .xml file.

Sounds simple, but I am stuck on moving the code into a separate .xml file. I do not know enough about .xml formatting and FS specific requirements to make this happen.  It's allot of code and you have to have someone who knows what needs to be removed.  

I have gone for the less integrated look of trying to just use the GTN750 in its 2D popup mode. It is ok, but there are some issues with the autopilot. I think there is a hidden variable I need to invoke that makes the GTN750 write the flightplan to the default GPS.