Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

CMC on the 744 v3

Hi, I know i should not make comparisons, but I have seen that the "other" 747-400 for FSX/P3D has CMC pages (at least I have seen a video showing the electrical one, with all electrical numbers for generators, APU, ext power, etc.). Now, from the PMDG 744 preview videos, I see that the CMC page on the CDU is greyed out. Does this mean that no CMC screens are simulated? Thanks. 

James Goggi

Not sure what video you saw that in, but I've seen plenty of videos with all those pages working fine. PMDG will not disappoint.

Edit: Sorry for giving wrong info. I misunderstood your question.

Not sure what video you saw that in, but I've seen plenty of videos with all those pages working fine. PMDG will not disappoint.

Can you link me to one of those videos? Thanks (I am not talking about the EICAS Electrical system page, but about the CMC Electrical page).

James Goggi

James,

The CMC will not be present in the FSX version, and is not currently available for general use in Prepar3D- but it MAY be at a later time.

We are still working out the details of licensing on how we want this feature controlled, as it really is something only useful to trained maintenance personnel.  (a number of which are working with us on the piece, obviously...)

The nice thing is that when you model the airplane as deeply as we have done, the BITE process is already present, so displaying it's data isn't terribly difficult.

Again though- it isn't something we want to support for general simmers- so it may wind up locked away behind additional licensing.  We still have to decide how we want to handle that.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Robert for your reply. I know that the CMC is only for maintenance, but it helps understanding better how systems work and moreover... I can't stand the idea that a "lower level" competitor 744 has it   :lol:

James Goggi

James,

I too can give you graphic windows with some data in it and call it a CMC....

But if you use one for a living, you know it isn't the data display that makes it a CMC.  :hi:

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I too can give you graphic windows with some data in it and call it a CMC....

Indeed... and I wonder if the developers truly understood what was being shown on the CMC Maintenance pages...I tried that other sim for a few days many moons ago...  I don't know which airline they based it on, but the APU had a serious maintenance issue :Tounge: 

Cheers

John H Watson

Well, all I saw was the electric page shown in that video and it looks showing the related parameters correctly. I don't know about the other ATA chapters...

• Upvote 1

James Goggi

Anyway in my company the AOM includes some fault reset actions done by the pilots...

James Goggi