Sign in to follow this  
meesterlijk

Make an AFCAD

Hi guys,

Just a simple question. I have never made an afcad but sometimes I read that some of you make afcads.

Is it difficult? I would like to give it a try because sometimes I hate it watching planes standing at some cargo area instead of a gate.

How do I make an afcad?

Thanks. Is it difficult to do?

That's a subjective question!!  Best thing is to download ADE and read the manual.  From memory it's only about 150 odd pages long.  I use ADE for some things but not everything.  Whether it's easy or difficult to use only you will be able to say.

Dijvid

Making an afcad can certainly be tough if it involves rebuilding an airport from scratch. But creating and assigning parking or adding generic buildings and objects to whatever airport you desire is generally quite simple. Like vector said, try ADE out and read up on the manual. I'm sure there are even many youtube videos on how and what to do.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I have no intentions to rebuild a complete airport. My plan was to make new afcads for airports like Kennedy and LAX. I want to give the airlines the proper gates where they belong to.