Sign in to follow this  
snowyuk

Problem installing 3.1 (Now got empty folders)

Hi

purchased and Installed reboot a few weeks ago from Just Flight. Last night I thought I would give it a try. I have win 8 so went into my apps screen and found all the fs2 crew apps including the fs2 crew configurator which I ran. It opened up and a message came up saying an update was available so I went to my Just Flight account and re downloaded the install package. I ran the file and did notice on the screen that it said version 3.1. I pressed version P3D v3 and noticed it was going to install it in my P3D folder. 

here is the problem, after the installation I noticed it didn't show anything to do with the direct x files like it did with the original installation. anyway after it had finished when I went to my win 8 apps screen, all the fs2 crew aps had gone. so I went to my p3d folder using win explorer and found the fs2 crew folder. there was no configurator files. nearly all of the folders were empty. I have tried to uninstall it using the add/remove programs but it said a problem had occurred trying to uninstall it. I have re downloaded it and re installed it but I don't get the win 8 apps and the folders remain empty with no sign of the configurator. I have looked in the forum but cant find anything similar. any ideas?

Thanks in advance