Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

PMDG 737 (for FS2004)

I am considering reinstalling the PMDG 737.

Do you guys think that it still competes against the LevelD 767 or the MD-11?

I don't like the iFly version (for a few personal reasons) and I am looking for an alternative.

thank you

Ghiom

Install the Pimgee 737 if want. I always thought it was pretty poor.

You may be the only guy who does not like the Ifly.  

I have the PMDG 737-800/900. It was a very fine aircraft for its day (13 years ago).  As I also have the Level-D and MD-11, my view is it is lacking in systems, especially FMC. I don't use it anymare having bought the ifly.

I cannot understand why you don't like the ifly 737. It has many more configurable options than the PMDG and works flawlessly for me on windows7 64 bit system.

Peter Schluter

Yeah. I'll probably pass on the old PMDG.

Perhaps time to move on to P3D.

Took it for a flight just the other day, I have the iFly too. If you already have it, installing it and trying for yourself is not that hard? I find there are issues with the iFly too so you're not the only one and it's the very reason I have looked at the PMDG.

Mark Daniels

I don't like the iFly version (for a few personal reasons) and I am looking for an alternative.

thank you

Ghiom

Absolutely agree with you!

It's a fine piece of software but I don't want to spend whatever time I may have left on this planet learning how to fly the thing.  I'm a flight simulation enthusiast and not a systems replication diehard!

Dijvid

Ghiom,

I asked this very question some time ago.  I was advised against it for the reason that I already had and loved the IFLY.  I was chasing

an even more complex aircraft and looked at the PMDG version of the 737, mainly because of the reputation for precision and complexity of their FSX

products which are outstanding to say the least.

I very firmly believe that the Ifly 737 is probably the best, most complex study level aircraft available for FS2004. It is hard to learn the systems but

oh, so rewarding and satisfying.  I would go so far to say that you will not, ever, get a better or more complex aircraft for this sim.

Ifly also have the 747 which I believe has, pretty much, the same depth but I cannot comment on that as I only have the freeware IFLY version

and have yet to fly that.  They have on the market a 747 and I believe that this would be a very different proposition to the freeware version 

and would be very much upgraded.  Again, belief only and a very much unqualified comment.

I took almost 3 months studying and starting from cold and dark, programming the FMS, learning to taxi and to come to grips with FS2Crew co-pilot,

before I made my first flight. Even then, whilst I did not crash the aircraft, I made lots of mistakes during the flight and am still after 12 months,

learning something new in almost every flight. A very relevant comment here, is that Ifly support is incredible and looking at PMDG forums would be up there with them.

Absolutely nothing to complain about in this regard.

You will undoubtedly get all this and more from PMDG in FSX or P3D but I also believe you have to look at a computer upgrade as well. (I have no idea how good your

system is but there is plenty of advice on these forums)  I personally would wait for the 64bit version of P3D and all their aircraft addons/scenery/utilities, which will,

hopefully, solve a lot of the CTD and VAS problems.

Whichever way you go I wish you luck and maybe you will want to look at the Eaglesoft Citation if you are looking for less complex flight systems,

but are still looking for a slightly complex aircraft.

One thing you have to remember is that Very, Very, few developers are still working on FS9 and upgrading is definitely the long term way to go.  I just am not ready yet.

Good luck with your decision

Regards

Tony 

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Oh! Thanks for the reply.

I have a deep knowledge of the 737NG and its system having flown the PMDG version for years before and the iFly since it came out.

It is just that everytime I take the iFly for a ride because its systems are so well done, I end up dissapointed and frustrated. I agree the systems look awsome and reliabiily (CTD) is 100%. I simply don't like the way it flies (manually and AP). Plus the VC gauges quality is not great but if that was only that...

This post isn't about me reviewing the iFly so I won't do it. I have raised my concerns enough in the iFly forum...

Ghiom,

OK, I now understand.

Unfortunately, and getting back to the original topic, I cannot help you regarding the PMDG 737, other

than to reiterate the advice I got from earlier posts. The other aircraft, I have never flown, so again,

I cannot help you.

There has, however, been many posts regarding the quality and performance of both these aircraft

in this forum and no real negativity about either of them to my knowledge.

Good luck with your future choices and I really hope someone here can give you some relevant

information that can help you

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

PMDG 737? I still fly it more than the iFly, although I have just now reinstalled the WIlco PIC 737-400 etc. series which I like even better. IFly has more systems but if you don't want absolute systems fidelity PMDGs version is still a lot of fun to fly, and I like the feel more somehow... Haven't gone as far as uninstalling the iFly but I keep going to the PMDG for some reason.

Each to their own. 

The IFly  is definitely the best 737NG for FS9.X

Wilco 737 ....doesn't even look like a 737 to me. 

• Upvote 2

Hello to all Pilots....

Does anyone knows what is the difference of PMDG 737 600/700/800/900 and PMDG 737 NG 600/700 for FS2004?

Patricio Valdes

I don't own either but I'm guessing that the 737 NG is the glass cockpit version and the others have dial gauges.

1 hour ago, Ando010 said:

the iFly is so vastly superior

Which one? May I have the link? Thanks for your help

Patricio Valdes

19 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Hello to all Pilots....

Does anyone knows what is the difference of PMDG 737 600/700/800/900 and PMDG 737 NG 600/700 for FS2004?

Originally there were two packages. The first released was the 600/700 which did not have complete instrumentation such as a TCAS. To get that you had to purchase the 800/900 which then also added the TCAS to the 600/700. Toward the end-of life Aerosoft worked a deal with PMDG to provide all four models on one DVD (as I recall) costing only a bit more than the single original 600/700 only.

I purchased in the earlier days so to get complete instrumentation updated for all four I had to buy both packages. I recommend getting the combo package so you have the latest instrumentation and other items that were not implemented in the 600/700. Be sure you install the 600/700 before the 800/900.

The airlines I was emulating were Hapaag Loyd and Air Berlin. I needed the 700 and 800 to model.

Be aware there is no official PMDG support for these series. There is the unofficial PMDG forum for he 737NG classic series here on AVSIM.