Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

PMDG 737 (for FS2004)

2 hours ago, ronzie said:

I recommend getting the combo package so you have the latest instrumentation and other items that were not implemented in the 600/700. Be sure you install the 600/700 before the 800/900.

Cool! I will purchase the combo but no sure if it is the item # 381449823971 from eBay or other package. I noticed that eBay PMDG package doesn't say "NG"

Patricio Valdes

I looked at the description which states it has NG available. When you install the 800/900 the 600/700 cockpit will be updated. It states that you can have the classic or the NG cockpit so it looks like #381449823971 on e-bay is OK.

Be aware that the printed manuals are brief but there are detailed pdf files.

A later edition of retired Captain Mike Ray's book on flying the Boeing 700 series is very useful. The updated one is:

https://www.amazon.com/Flying-Boeing-700-Flight-Simulators/dp/1453860819/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1503096787&sr=1-1&keywords=mike+ray+Boeing+700+series.

I have the original:

https://www.amazon.com/Flying-B700-Flight-Simulators-Mike/dp/0936283106/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1503096787&sr=1-2&keywords=mike+ray+Boeing+700

Check procedures, adverse weather flying, good advice, for the classic and NG series. It made learning the FMC and other operations in a thorough easier manner and has notes about the different sims implementations as well.

1 hour ago, ronzie said:

I looked at the description which states it has NG available. When you install the 800/900 the 600/700 cockpit will be updated. It states that you can have the classic or the NG cockpit so it looks like #381449823971 on e-bay is OK.

That sounds so great so I would purchase that PMDG package. Last night I had a bad experience. I uninstalled the 737NG from fs9 via the included uninstaller from PMDG 737 CD in order to install the new one later when I get it (soon). And all PMDG files from fs9 containing my 747-400 and MD-11 gone, wiped off. Oops! I had to reinstall all PMDG back again but 737. So, just learned the 737 uninstaller does remove the PMDG folder complete. That's bad uninstaller from 737......watch out! PMDG 747 and MD-11 doesn't kill (lol). So, if I install the new package 737 600/700 and 800/900 will be for ever and that is what I want anyway. Regarding, on FMC I guess is very much like the CDU from 747-400. 

Patricio Valdes

I should note that be sure you keep your activation numbers packed in the CD package for any reinstalls. There might be two in the combined package.

The NGs all shared a similar "Smiths" type FMC as did the 747. Note there is a separate printed manual and a .pdf for the FMC. I recommend that book I suggested as it will step you through the learning process from simple to advanced. At one time a dedicated stripped down version was included with the I-Fly 737.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:48 AM, Ando010 said:

I can't believe you'd consider the PMDG 737 for FS9 over the iFly, which on paper has even more features then the FSX PMDG NGX. 

Your money I suppose....

I can't find the I-Fly 737 I will try again from Aerosoft.com to find out if they have it.

Patricio Valdes

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:01 PM, ronzie said:

I should note that be sure you keep your activation numbers packed in the CD package for any reinstalls.

I will find out when the box arrives home, cool!

Patricio Valdes

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:48 AM, Ando010 said:

I can't believe you'd consider the PMDG 737 for FS9 over the iFly, which on paper has even more features then the FSX PMDG NGX. 

Your money I suppose....

Just found the iFly 737NG boxed from Aerosoft site, 42 Euros plus 6 dollars shipping from Germany to USA. I am thinking to get it when chances are on my favor (paycheck). iFly 737NG looks to me more sophisticated. I didn't notice before and thanks to your advice and very nice recommendation. Really is looking as I expect. 

Patricio Valdes

On 8/20/2017 at 6:32 PM, trisho0 said:

I can't find the I-Fly 737 I will try again from Aerosoft.com to find out if they have it.

Perhaps you should look at Flight1 where it is readily available. Take a look at the iFly 747 while you are there.

DJ

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, ronzie said:

http://www.aerosoft.com/us/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-2004/aircraft/1714/ifly-737ng?number=AS11920

from the US Aerosoft site listing.

Note the Windows versions that are compatible in the detailed description. If it is in stock there you might get better shipiing when the time comes.

It is on the way by mail. Just waiting to install it and find out really what's differences with PMDG 737NG. I am sure I will love both.

Patricio Valdes