Sign in to follow this  
phil hazelton

2- monitor issue

Just build new computer for FSX

issue with 2en monitor

Want to drag FMC/ ATC to 2en momitor .......when I drag it I get the box with no data in it

have GE-force 980 , win 7 , cpu(17-6700) , ASUSU Z170 MB- gaming ,corsair 45D

Have messed with Ge-Force  to get setting right

both monitors running at max

Wiht I drag the items over very few times it works but 90% it just gives me black FMC/ or ATC screen

Please give me some advice

Phil Hazelton

duckdong60@hotmail.com

I had this on one of my last computers, maybe it depends on Win7(?) You have to position the FMC so, that a small part is on your 1. Monitor. That's the way it worked for me.

Thomas Reiter

You have to "undock" the panel you want to move. If it moves ok try clicking in the black space on the screen. I am guessing you are running the DX10 fixer?

Richie Walsh

Gents,

FWIW:  I'm running a 2 screen setup here and I don't have any trouble moving pieces about.

It is also worth noting that we do not support DX10...  in case anyone forgot.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Running 3 monitors on Win 7, no problem moving FMC. Presume you are undocking first.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Robert R.

May I start by saying that I do not own a PMDG product (yet) as I am running 6 monitors/displays

(set up in FS2004 for another 737) and have yet to achieve this in FSX, FSX-SE, P3D Aeroflyfs2 or

XPlane10 or 11. I live in hope.

However, I would like to know if PMDG products have dockable panels, specifically, aft overhead,

forward overhead, throttle quadrant and aft electrical (pedestal) panels that can be moved to my displays.

I am thinking of investing in Tracker IR5 and removing 2 side cockpit displays but still doubt that my computer/P3D can handle that configuration.  

Any help appreciated.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I do unlock the panel and drag it to 2en monitor but I just get a black panel in FMC & ATC or anything else I try to drag over

Thats my problem ?

Can not figure why ?

Have a new fast computer , monitors are connected HDMI cables

Have Ge-Force new 980 viedo card ........have tried to adjust the viedo card ????????

At a loss here

Thinking about purchasing the "  TRIPEHEAD 2G0 " .....its addvertised as a multy monitor hook up

Phil Hazelton

Trouble with undocking windows is its a major fps hit.

spacer.png

Phil,

I have the triplehead2go and can recommend it.  It gives a maximum of 3 displays x 1920x1080 and is very useful if you have a limited number of VGU display outputs. The normal thing to do is connect your main view and it spreads it out over the three monitors.  You can however, undock a new view (ie VC view) and dock it on either of your two side displays and an over head display on your third monitor in the same way.

I would further suggest that you have 3 x similar displays to connect, ie do not mix a 24inch with 20inch as I found that, doing that reduces the resolution severely.

Boomer (have I not seen you in Top Gun?)

I am aware that this certainly reduces frame rates ... I just do not know why.  It does the same in FS2004 but at a much more acceptable (low) rate and with my ancient computer specs I can still get 50FPS with sliders to the max.

However, that does not answer my question.  Can any of the panels I mentioned previously, be undocked and moved to a new screen?

I ask, mainly because, I believe most developers are moving away from that concept (undocking screens) in favour of the use of Trackir and VR devices.  Have PmDG gone down that path?

Thanks to all for your responses

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.