Sign in to follow this  
twiggys

pb9 is out

Yes. No more FPS drop when avionics turned ON, and a general boost in performance. I was thinking about getting a 1060, not anymore. The RX470 is a great card for the price and my needs.

Thank you LR!

Cheers :)

N.-

Finally some love to AMD cards. Improved my performance by more than 50% on average on my R9 390. Sitting at the runway at ESMS with the default C172, clear weather, 13:00 in the beginning of January now gives about 35 FPS instead of 22 FPS as I had in previous betas.

Edit: Most things at high, textures max, reflections minimal, no ground shadows. Taking a huge FPS hit (roughly 30-50%) if I increase reflections to low, a bit unexpected considering I have a 4960X @ 4.3 GHz.

Same card, same results. Really love it. Still a lot of room for further optimitations, eg. refelctions...

Toe brakes are still INOP and light switch is still stuck in the on position. Maybe they did not get my bug report. I'm done as a beta tester.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Toe brakes are still INOP and light switch is still stuck in the on position. Maybe they did not get my bug report. I'm done as a beta tester.

I have MFG pedals and my toe brakes didn't work either. Someone told me to recalibrate pushing them down at all different positions. I did that and now they work fine.

• Upvote 1

Toe brakes are still INOP

Not for me. Hardware related? Definitely isn't across all configurations, which then makes it harder for them to track down?

Maybe they did not get my bug report. I'm done as a beta tester.

There's been many comments on the dev blog about how the bugs enter a pipeline, and all fixes don't necessarily get applied between pb runs - they fix some, release a pb, fix others, see what happens, etc. There should never be any expectations that a fix is going to be in the next pb. It doesn't mean they are ignoring it - it just might mean it's on the list to be worked on.

• Upvote 3

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

There's been many comments on the dev blog about how the bugs enter a pipeline, and all fixes don't necessarily get applied between pb runs - they fix some, release a pb, fix others, see what happens, etc. There should never be any expectations that a fix is going to be in the next pb. It doesn't mean they are ignoring it - it just might mean it's on the list to be worked on.

There's also the fact that not all bugs are equal.  Bugs that stop the software cold, or significant faults in the flight model will be prioritized over minor bugs like "stuck" switches or banding in the sky texture.  I wouldn't expect most of the minor bugs to receive attention until the release candidate has been locked down.

Thanks for the help.

I did a full re-install and my toe brakes are now working.

Is any one else missing the (default) airport in Innsbruck (LOWI)?

I can see the runway but no taxiways (well the lines are there!) but not buildings...

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Hi Till,

I just checked on my installation (pb9) and Innsbruck is looking normal...

Make sure that you have installed scenery for the area in question (Europe) and that you have no other airport scenery for that spot in your custom scenery folder (which might suppress the default LOWI demo area).

Also make sure that you have the folder LOWI Demo Area in your Custom Scenery folder. If in doubt, erase it and let the installer run again (it will add missing files).

Good luck, Jan

Thanks, Jan, will do and report back.

Many happy landings!

Till

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

I'm using demo version and with the same setting I have FPS halved (only 18-20) in compare with pb8 (approx. 40-45). Clear skies makes no difference. Toe brakes working without problems on my MFG.

Milan Z.

Quote from the Developer Blog:

Did you fix a landing Light on Cessna?

Yes, but the fix is NOT in beta 9 – it will be in beta 10.

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Quote from the Developer Blog:

Did you fix a landing Light on Cessna?

Yes, but the fix is NOT in beta 9 – it will be in beta 10.

Thanks.

The landing light is not a big deal for me. Having no toe brakes was a distraction, but I'm glad that I fixed it. It's weird because I never had that problem before.

Have a great day.

FlyWithLua appears to be broken.  Only one or two scripts will load, even after stopping and restarting FlyWithLua.  There are a couple other scripts (including my sky/cloud script) that won't load or even appear in the macros list.  Other than that, my frames appear to have jumped up a little more, even in dense scenery.

Thanks.

The landing light is not a big deal for me. Having no toe brakes was a distraction, but I'm glad that I fixed it. It's weird because I never had that problem before.

Have a great day.

If you look within the forum, there are fixes for the landing light, as well as an airframe fix for the windvaning too.  With those implements, the C172SP is easier to control and I can use the landing light.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Guest Mik75

When trying to access the settings menu, the sim crashes to desktop every single time in PB9 for me...