Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

LINDA not saving

I've been using LINDA successfully with most of my aircraft for years in FSX. However, since moving to P3D, guess what, yup, I've had nothing but issues. I am running the latest version of P3D 3.4 with the latest update and also 2.8.8 of LINDA. For some reason, and it's driving me crazy, it's not saving any switch assignments whatsoever, on any aircraft. I've removed the relevent LINDA files in the modules folder and reinstalled them, tried lots of different methods, thinking there was a conflict somwhere else, but I can't get it to work properly. Also which is odd, Ezdok V2, with the latest patch, is not saving camera profiles to aircraft, I have to assign the profile before each flight. I have ensured compatibility mode on all programs is run with admin rights. I mention this as I don't know whether this has any significance. Help, as always, appreciated fellas. Cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Have you updated FSUIPC4 to the latest version (4.960)? This resolves many of the issues with P3D v3.4 Hot Fix 2 and LINDA 2.8.8.

Another user has reported issues with Ezdok which I can offer no answer to (I don't use this add-on).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

If like myself you updated using a clean install and restoring your configured aircraft profiles then ensure you also restore Modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\FSX Default\config-hid.lua

With that file missing any aircraft specific profile does not get loaded on next start.

Have you updated FSUIPC4 to the latest version (4.960)? This resolves many of the issues with P3D v3.4 Hot Fix 2 and LINDA 2.8.8.

Another user has reported issues with Ezdok which I can offer no answer to (I don't use this add-on).

Sure, latest registered FSUIPC downloaded and installed only yesterday.

If like myself you updated using a clean install and restoring your configured aircraft profiles then ensure you also restore Modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\FSX Default\config-hid.lua

With that file missing any aircraft specific profile does not get loaded on next start.

Hi Stephen, sure, I'm going to uninstall everything LINDA related from my modules folder and download and reinstall everything. I'll let you know how I get on.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi Rockliffe

I would ask your to follow the fault reporting procedure and send me the log file. It will help tell what is going wrong.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Rockliffe

I would ask your to follow the fault reporting procedure and send me the log file. It will help tell what is going wrong.

Many thanks to everyone, but I have found the culprit.... finger trouble! Got it sorted in the end. Cheers. 

Howard

Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Rockcliffe,

what was your problem and solution exactly? I also had the saving problem. Now went back to 2.8.4 and it is working.

Thanks, Peter

what was your problem and solution exactly? I also had the saving problem. Now went back to 2.8.4 and it is working.

Hi Peter

What problem were you having? I am about to issue a fix with 2.8.9 which should correct all issues but I need to make sure I have addressed any outstanding.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Rockcliffe,

Thanks, Peter

Hi Peter

What problem were you having? I am about to issue a fix with 2.8.9 which should correct all issues but I need to make sure I have addressed any outstanding.

A bit embarrassing, but I had three A2A seoparate aircraft modules saved into folders on my storage drive. When I came to drop the relevent folders into the modules folder, I had forgotten that the aircraft folders were being stored inside another folder! I hope that makes sense.

Howard

Hi Rockliffe,

thanks. No reason for embarrassment. I could tell you stories about my mishaps...

Hi Scottflieger,

I also lost all the saving of the assignements made to the aircraft whwn starting the sim next time.

The reason was probably the "old" FSUIPC. In the meantime I installed the very last FSUIPC but had no time to install again Linda 2.8.8 to check it.

Will wait for your new 2.8.9.

Thanks for all your effort!

Peter

I also lost all the saving of the assignements made to the aircraft whwn starting the sim next time.

Thanks Peter, I have reproduced the loss of saved assignments problem and am investigating.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello, I have this problem also and file are at the right place.
I adjust my assignements , I save, I leave p3d and I lose all my configurations has every time .

FSUICP 4.60   Linda 2.88 v2 

Linda 2.87 works well, Linda 2.88 v1 and 2.88 v2, no

PS:sorry for my bad english

A fix is in final testing with LINDA 2.8.9. This will be made available shortly.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK