Sign in to follow this  
d.tsakiris

Feature Requests

Hi everyone,

as an avid user of MCE and PF3, over the time I have come up with some "great" ;) features that I would like to present, some probably easy to implement, and some...not:

- Pause voice recognition when game is paused

- Parse PF3 log file for "SayPFSentence" entries when the FO is talking, so that he doesn't keep reading check lists etc. while talking on the radio

- Have the FO ask for a new flight level: While at FL 320, I want to be able to say "Please request flight level 340", and then MCE would press the keys Ctrl+Alt+H+2. Similar for other runways ("Please request runway 07C") or weather deviations

- Prioritize ground handling: If AES is available, use AES. If not, use GSX. If that's not available, use FSX' push-back options. For me, that makes the most sense

I know that's quite a lot to ask, but I'd greatly appreciate hearing from one of the devs :)

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

- Parse PF3 log file for "SayPFSentence" entries when the FO is talking, so that he doesn't keep reading check lists etc. while talking on the radio

+1

- Have the FO ask for a new flight level: While at FL 320, I want to be able to say "Please request flight level 340", and then MCE would press the keys Ctrl+Alt+H+2. Similar for other runways ("Please request runway 07C") or weather deviations

If you have FSUIPC, write a lua script (e.g. PF3descent.lua) for a descent request like this (this one is for descent 9000 ft, PageDown is my PF3 hotkey for descent):

ipc.keypressplus(34,8,1) -- press and hold pagedown for request lower
ipc.keypressplus(57) -- press 9 for nine thousand feet
ipc.keypressplus(34,8,2) -- release page down for request lower

Then assign that luascript to a key in FSUIPC.
Then create a voxkey command "Please request intial descent" or "Please request nine thousand lower" and assign the same key.

I think with particular flightlevels and runways that doesn't work right now because a reading of parameters would be involved.

Maybe the MCE Devs could shed some light on their plans regarding the FO interaction with PF3 since this was asked several times now recently.  :wink:

Ralf