Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Has the TDFi717 gotten any bettter?

Being a DC-9 as well as a Delta Airlines fan I was with in a breath of hitting the buy button when this aircraft was released just in time for Santa's sack but prudence said wait a couple of days and I bought the A2A Connie instead. It appears the 717 was a 60$ beta release with a plethora of bugs.

If anyone has this I was wondering if it has been much improved in the last month. Watching there forum there still seems to be a great deal of issues.

Thanks,Vic Green

Vic green

Guest Mik75

Not much I would say. Although the performance (fps wise) got a little better with v1.0.6, it still has the major flaws (auto flight system, FMS/MCDU) it had on release.

Hand flying is just a real joy in this addon, the sounds are superb, the VC looks really nice and I still have high hopes, that the devs will solve the main issues within the next couple of months!

1.0.6.0 hasn't been released yet. It has a list of good fixes. I still fly the hell out of it. It has gotten better with each update. Keep in mind i had none of the performance issues , OOM's or CTD's reported.

Richie Walsh

Guest Mik75

1.0.6.0 hasn't been released yet. It has a list of good fixes. I still fly the hell out of it. It has gotten better with each update. Keep in mind i had none of the performance issues , OOM's or CTD's reported.

Sorry, I meant 1.0.5. I am looking forward to giving the new update a try, once it is released.

I like this addon for its strengths (FDM, visuals), but its problems are keeping me from really using it (flying online, etc).

+1

The only real issue I have with it, is that the ILS capture rarely works (known issue).   If you're really careful and intercept the localizer from a very narrow angle it can sometimes work.   But mostly for now, it's visual hand flying approaches - which is pretty fun any way.   Sure they'll fix the APPR mode soon.

That aside, I love it.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks for the replies. I'm really keeping an eye on progress and will surly pick it up when it is fully functional. But for now I'm thinking it would be too aggravating learning an unfamiliar auto flight system while it is still buggy. I wouldn't know if I was making the mistakes or the system was.

Aircraft like this appeals to me more then the new wide body every one is panting for. I'm just a short to medium haul guy.   

Vic green