Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

PACSIM Salt Lake released!

Hello everyone,

PACSIM has just released their most wanted product, Salt Lake Int. Airport and surrounding. By reading on the website this is a very large product with high recommend system settings.

Orbx FTX Vector and Global products are also very taxing on various computer systems based on our own tests. The two products impact VAS and FPS significantly when running in combination with any PMDG products, especially B737 NGX and B777 aircrafts, FSL A320, ASN and REX weather engines, and  any third party AI aircraft programs. It is recommended that Vector and Global be turned off when using any of the aircraft mentioned above when using KSLC scenery.

I own most of the above so I have concern about what they say. Really want to try it, but at the price $35 and PMDG 747 coming alive around this week which I will buy on day one, I have to give this a hold.

Anybody has tried it please leave a comment or advise here.

http://islandsim.com/salt-lake-city-int.html

Cheers!
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Not a developers I've purchased from before, plus a lot of territory seems to be covered so I'm going to wait until I see how the performance is, but it certainly looks great.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have some of there earlier scenery and it's A+ in my book. Just landed in KSLC and found it to be very FPS friendly and talk about detailed. Once again PacSim has released another winner in my book.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Not a developers I've purchased from before, plus a lot of territory seems to be covered so I'm going to wait until I see how the performance is, but it certainly looks great.

Hi, their airports are great. I purchased their Taipei RCTP and very happy with it, both performance and VAS is amazing.

I have some of there earlier scenery and it's A+ in my book. Just landed in KSLC and found it to be very FPS friendly and talk about detailed. Once again PacSim has released another winner in my book.

Hello, thanks for your experience with it. How was the VAS when you fly into the airport? I have 2 OOM today when flying from EHAM - KSFO and really sad about it, trying to figure out why I can get OOM when I'm in middle of the air at FL360.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

I wasn't measuring VAS but I saw no indication of heavy usage like some of my other Payware sceneries.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just when I was beginning to think some scenery developers were losing focus, like a 3rd person walking around the airport, 3d terminal interiors and overly detailed parts you never see... 

My 4 year old rig....i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz / Core Speed 4199.0 MHz / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / 20G ram.
It performed at 25 FPS+. VAS was good. PMDG / 50% AI / AS16. This is what is important.

Nicely done Pacsim.

Greg

• Upvote 1

I have 2 OOM today when flying from EHAM - KSFO and really sad about it, trying to figure out why I can get OOM when I'm in middle of the air at FL360.

Hoang Le

I was always getting OOM CTDs when flying the PMDG B777 on long flights, but I learned recently that I could turn off the Shadercache in NVidia Profile Inspector for more VAS.  After that I was able to complete the flights without OOMs CTDs.  Hope this helps you.  Regarding KSLT, the developer is known for super optimizing their products for memory usage.  

Best

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Hoang Le

I was always getting OOM CTDs when flying the PMDG B777 on long flights, but I learned recently that I could turn off the Shadercache in NVidia Profile Inspector for more VAS.  After that I was able to complete the flights without OOMs CTDs.  Hope this helps you.  Regarding KSLT, the developer is known for super optimizing their products for memory usage.  

Best

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I just changed it and will test it later. Actually I did this trick for the other game that I play but I did not know that it works with FSX:SE too :D

Besides, I fly long haul all the time, just that particular route from EHAM-KSFO that I have 2 OOM while in flight.

Cheers!

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

I've got really tired of developers releasing sceneries that seem to have been developed purely for their looks and eye candy, rather than their performance. Now this is the latest thing, a developer suggesting you need to turn off other sceneries so it will work half decently! A darn joke! And what is 16Gb Memory recommended VIDEO Card all about? IMHO I'd MUCH rather fly airports such as UK2000 sceneries that are really nicely crafted and have great perfromance.

• Upvote 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I've got really tired of developers releasing sceneries that seem to have been developed purely for their looks and eye candy, rather than their performance. Now this is the latest thing, a developer suggesting you need to turn off other sceneries so it will work half decently! A darn joke! And what is 16Gb Memory recommended VIDEO Card all about? IMHO I'd MUCH rather fly airports such as UK2000 sceneries that are really nicely crafted and have great perfromance.

You read it wrong. Not a 16gb video card. Also I run a system close to yours and the scenery is smooth as can be and I have turned off none of my settings or sceneries. I'm impressed with the details and FPS throughout. Way better than other big name developers, Atlanta, cough-cough that has poor performance regardless what you throw at it. If you see some of the early remarks on here and other sites you will see a common theme about PacSim KSLC. FrameRate friendly. 

MEMORY: 16Gb Memory recommended 

VIDEO Card: NVIDIA GeForce

Dan

You read it wrong. Not a 16gb video card. Also I run a system close to yours and the scenery is smooth as can be and I have turned off none of my settings or sceneries. I'm impressed with the details and FPS throughout. Way better than other big name developers, Atlanta, cough-cough that has poor performance regardless what you throw at it. If you see some of the early remarks on here and other sites you will see a common theme about PacSim KSLC. FrameRate friendly. 

MEMORY: 16Gb Memory recommended 

VIDEO Card: NVIDIA GeForce

Rockliffe what's all the ranting. Take a look at this: http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/1/29/livestream-replay-pacsim-salt-lake-city

And stand corrected you grumpy man :wink:. Especially watch the interview with Graham.

Hee hee, sorry for being a grumpy old man. I've just had  a bad day, again, trying to get P3D to work. I'm nearly there, but my last flight was setting up the NGX at CYVR (FSDT) and yes, within a couple of minutes an OOM! So I guess I'm just getting a  little tired of doing so many things just to get the darn thing to function rather than enjoy the flying. I think the day is dawning very soon for me to ump to XP. PS, I stand corrected.  :smile:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I visited the UK 30+ years ago. Mostly around London. Really enjoyed it. But, it would just quickly get boring, scenery wise, compared to the KSLC area!  :smile:    Nearly every real life flight of mine, was out of KSLC or two nearby airports. Awesome mountains around here! 

Purchased it as soon as it was released and I will say performance is excellent especially for a detailed area, the airport looks great and the Salt Lake area just as nice. I must say it's well worth the $35 price tag that IMHO is a steal for a detailed airport and the surrounding area. I cannot wait for PacSim Reno :)

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

I think the day is dawning very soon for me to ump to XP

Think twice about this. I've gone back to P3D.