Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

PACSIM Salt Lake released!

Think twice about this. I've gone back to P3D.

Hmmm   :Waiting:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Think twice about this. I've gone back to P3D.

Meh, XP is beta....  you'll be back :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just when I was beginning to think some scenery developers were losing focus, like a 3rd person walking around the airport, 3d terminal interiors and overly detailed parts you never see... 

My 4 year old rig....i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz / Core Speed 4199.0 MHz / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / 20G ram.

It performed at 25 FPS+. VAS was good. PMDG / 50% AI / AS16. This is what is important.

Nicely done Pacsim.

Greg

Good to hear performance and VAS are good! I have quite a few PacSim airports and have been very happy with all of them, but, when I saw that Salt Lake was a 5.82GB download, I have to admit I was a bit concerned about the potential VAS hit of this product. However, your experience is reassuring, particularly as my rig is pretty similar to yours.

BTW I completely agree with your comments about terminal interiors etc. I really wonder how many flight simmers ever bother to go inside these 3D terminals?? Certainly the only time I ever see the inside is when I accidentally taxi an aircraft into them!! 🤕

Bill

I did a quick run KSLC > KSTS last night with my XtremeLabs Lear with no issues at all.

Runs perfect.

Cheers,

Mark

I'll admit to not reading the install instructions (you need to download three .bin files before running the installer), but agree it is great. A great addition to all of their sceneries.

Scott Robinson

Ran into the same issue-support responded quickly to someone that didn't RTFM.

:smile:

Mark

Also, I fly my Lear pretty much everywhere these days. When going to the larger airports (FSDT, FlightBeam, etc.) frame rates inside the VC drop to high teens. Not so at KSLC. So, I guess it's not the Lear after all...great optimization done by the developer(s). :P  

Oh, I was just about to buy this when I noticed a comment at the bottom of the sales page which stated "NOT RECOMMENDED to run with Orbx FTX Vector and Global products".

Although I don't use FTX Vector, I do use FTX Global, so I wondered if anyone has tried Salt Lake City with this?

Bill

I do. Not an issue for me.

They dev might be trying to head off issues for those with middle of the road machines.

Haswell @ 4.4, Titan Black and SSDs here.

Cheers,

Mark

I do. Not an issue for me.

They dev might be trying to head off issues for those with middle of the road machines.

Haswell @ 4.4, Titan Black and SSDs here.

Cheers,

Mark

I use global as well. No issues. Runs smooth.

Thank you - good to know!

Bill

"NOT RECOMMENDED to run with Orbx FTX Vector and Global products".

Why would Global be an issue? Isn't it just an overall texture replacement? I've never heard of Global itself causing VAS issues.

Why would Global be an issue? Isn't it just an overall texture replacement? I've never heard of Global itself causing VAS issues.

I agree and was surprised to see the warning as a footnote on the sales page.

I can't remember seeing any similar warnings with other payware scenery (and I have loads), so I thought it best to check with other users on here, in case there was something unusual in the way this scenery interacts with the FTX products. I have emailed PacSim to see if they can let us know their reasoning behind the warning and will provide feedback here when I get an answer.

Bill