Hoang

PACSIM Salt Lake released!

I do. Not an issue for me.

They dev might be trying to head off issues for those with middle of the road machines.

Haswell @ 4.4, Titan Black and SSDs here.

Cheers,

Mark

I use global as well. No issues. Runs smooth.

Thank you - good to know!

Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"NOT RECOMMENDED to run with Orbx FTX Vector and Global products".

Why would Global be an issue? Isn't it just an overall texture replacement? I've never heard of Global itself causing VAS issues.

Why would Global be an issue? Isn't it just an overall texture replacement? I've never heard of Global itself causing VAS issues.

I agree and was surprised to see the warning as a footnote on the sales page.

I can't remember seeing any similar warnings with other payware scenery (and I have loads), so I thought it best to check with other users on here, in case there was something unusual in the way this scenery interacts with the FTX products. I have emailed PacSim to see if they can let us know their reasoning behind the warning and will provide feedback here when I get an answer.

Bill

Global Base has very good photoreal textures, maybe even a higher autogen density, but I do not really expect a significant VAS impact from that. Certainly I haven't noticed one myself.

Hi Folks,

I like the way he mentioned in in interview how is wife placed all the auto-gen - I've used "Autogen Annotator" and for the scale depicted in the screenshots that was one massive tedious job... Definitely on my short list to pick up... A nice quick hop in a Lear to many of the ORBX airports in the region...

Regards,
Scott 

Have you tried there RPLL?

One heck of a scenery with great performance and amazing covering (just set buildings shadows to off)

A must have so i am gonna get this Salt Lake City (with my OPENLC US)

Michael Moe

I bought this KSLC  and had a flight to arrive at KSLC. However, GSX failed to work when the Jetway  I was arriving at  vanished.  If this KLSC  won't behave with GSX I'll pull it down. Does look good though.

I've got it, and it's another good one from PacSim.  1.4 GB free VAS with the NGX and moderate AI traffic there.  I have most of their sceneries...and all of them work great in P3Dv3 except for PTSA (Kosrae Island).

One interesting thing I discovered is that in P3D, with Affinity Mask set to 116, I got a lot of stutters with the parking lots full of cars.  Using the configurator to get rid of the hundreds of parked cars worked.  But I also found that AM=85 also worked to make it smooth even with the cars in place...AM=116 allows two virtual CPUs on one of the physical cores, and it appears the workload is enough to force a lot of thread swapping on that core while it's heavily tasked, causing stutters.  AM=85 (or 84) restricts P3D to no more than one virtual core per physical core, and this keeps that thread-swapping from happening.

Cheers

But I also found that AM=85 also worked to make it smooth even with the cars in place...

Hi Bob-

I've been using 85 for quite some time now. Use Process Explorer to assign apps to cpus.

Smooth as silk with frames locked at 30.

Cheers,

Mark

Are they ever going to release this on Simmarket, all their other titles are sold there?

I know I can buy direct but I prefer keeping my purchases centralized and like the update reminders Simmarket sends me.

It has been out for a while, but still not on SimMarket, and I wanted to see if there were issues and logged into their forum but it said it was offline. What is the verdict so far? Another good scenery or needing in some updates? Thanks.

The Dev no longer uses Simmarket so I heard. No idea the reason.

anybody have problems installing salt lake city.  I never bought one of their airports before, but I downloaded the 3 bin files then the installer and had them all put into a pac sim folder into my fsx d drive pacsim.  I then used started up the exe file and about halfway it stopped and it asked the cd2 and I bought this online.  what could be the problem ?

Already replied to your installation issue. Let me know how it goes via email support, pls.

I downloaded and did not get a zip file and it only took a minute.I opened it up with administrator rights. I agreed went to the next pop up put the serial number in but the ' next' button didn't work.

I just did a flight from KMUO to KSLC ( Salt Lake City ) in the PMDG and boy am I impressed. No ooms, not even a stutter. The detail at this airport is amazing.

I've been swimming now for about five years and didn't even know Pac Sim existed. I'm definitely going to look into their other airports.

21 hours ago, jetsmell said:

I just did a flight from KMUO to KSLC ( Salt Lake City ) in the PMDG and boy am I impressed. No ooms, not even a stutter. The detail at this airport is amazing.

I've been swimming now for about five years and didn't even know Pac Sim existed. I'm definitely going to look into their other airports.

PKMJ Marshall Islands is fun a hop from Hawaii United flies the 738 on an island hopping route going east starting in Guam and west starting in Honolulu, UAL154/155

PacSim has scenery for the Marshall Islands and Kosrae

Hello,

I would like to  know how much disc space the KSLC product requires for FSX install.

it mentions need for 500 GB hard drive, but I cannot believe it would take up that much space.

Thanks,

Greg

• Upvote 1

Have to agree, it is a great scenery with surprisingly good performance. Cannot get the jetways to work with that Sode program though.

definitely go get it.  really nice scenery around the airport as well, excellent detail, salt lake city was my first airport that I bought from them, its great. I also buy from fs dreamteam, flightbeam, fly tampa, latin vfr, so it definitely fits in.  toughest part is the installing process.

good luck, Ronny

Anybody know how to set up Sode on this airport. The only movement I can get is the sign on gate D1 moving without the jetway itself. All others say my plane is not lined up or no aircraft detected etc, etc in the text dialog box. I am assuming that when I choose a heavy gat for my PMDG 777, that UT2 put's my plane in the correct position. It certainly looks right in spot view.