Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Save and Load buttons in menu causing crash

I just re-installed a fresh updated version of 3.4 and followed all the Avsim recommended steps. Everything is working perfectly and looks good, except the two menu buttons "load" and "save". When I use them they cause P3D to crash. The rest of the menu items are all working fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I don't see anything in the Avsim CTD Guide relating to this unless I am just missing it.

Update: Apparently it is a kernelbase.dll error. I am searching for a way to fix that.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Hello Lee,

What are your operating system specs ?   You are sure Prepar3D is using your GTX\AMD Graphics card as apposed to an Integrated Intel card Yes ?

First: 

I understand you have done a fresh Install so you have no Add On's,  But just as a starting base point Delete the 4 folders below and and let them rebuild again,  Try now

Documents ► Prepar3D v3 files

ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin

AppData ► Roaming ►Lockheed Martin

AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin

==========

Second

Bi-Pass your Prepar3D Desktop icon by going to your core Prepar3D folder,  Right click on Prepar3D.exe and set it up to run as administrator  Try now

=========

Third: 

Plug out all USB Devices Including extra Monitors  (except Keyboard and Mouse)  Try now 

Hi Elaine, thank you so much for stepping in. I have used your P3D tutorials a great deal with great success. I tried everything suggested above and it didn't cure the problem. I can load P3D 3.4 just fine and access all the menu buttons except "load" and "save". These cause the sim to crash. I personally think it is a bad kernelbase.dll file, but I don't know how to replace it or fix it, save re-installing Windows 7 64bit. There's a lot of confusing info on the net with a Google search. Everyone is selling software to repair the kernelbase file, but I don't know if I can trust that. I have a pretty standard setup built by Jetline Systems (specs should be in my signature) and normally it works really well. Below is the error message:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          1/29/2017 6:51:33 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Jetline
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.18.19475, time stamp: 0x5851bfd2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23572, time stamp: 0x57fd0379
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c54f
Faulting process id: 0x1320
Faulting application start time: 0x01d27a3ee4275cc7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 6cadb9dc-e632-11e6-a028-d050991b3d89
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-01-29T14:51:33.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>141516</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Jetline</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>3.4.18.19475</Data>
    <Data>5851bfd2</Data>
    <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>6.1.7601.23572</Data>
    <Data>57fd0379</Data>
    <Data>e0434352</Data>
    <Data>0000c54f</Data>
    <Data>1320</Data>
    <Data>01d27a3ee4275cc7</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>6cadb9dc-e632-11e6-a028-d050991b3d89</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Lee H

Elaine, not one to give up easily, I went back and read your tips on a total uninstall of P3D. I decided to do a complete uninstall, following your instructions, but in addition, removing all the folders you mentioned above. Then I did a completely new clean install of P3D, even more from scratch than before...it worked! The menus came back to normal.Obviously, some 3rd party addon might have compromised some settings. I will add back 3rd party stuff little by little until I find the offender. Again, you have done a marvelous service by providing your tutorials. Thank you!

Lee

• Upvote 1

Lee H

Hello Lee,

What are your operating system specs ?   You are sure Prepar3D is using your GTX\AMD Graphics card as apposed to an Integrated Intel card Yes ?

First: 

I understand you have done a fresh Install so you have no Add On's,  But just as a starting base point Delete the 4 folders below and and let them rebuild again,  Try now

Documents ► Prepar3D v3 files

ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin

AppData ► Roaming ►Lockheed Martin

AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin

==========

Second

Bi-Pass your Prepar3D Desktop icon by going to your core Prepar3D folder,  Right click on Prepar3D.exe and set it up to run as administrator  Try now

=========

Third: 

Plug out all USB Devices Including extra Monitors  (except Keyboard and Mouse)  Try now 

Everything worked fine with vanilla re-installation, but as I added in addons the problem returned. It occurs to me that some addon is causing the problem. My suspects are FSDT addon manger, AS16 and ASCA from HiFi, ENVTEX or possibly some purchased scenery. I re-installed and am building one item at a time. If you have any insight I would appreciate it. I'll do a search here on the forums for any ideas about the issue.

Lee

Lee H