Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Final N.I. 'burnt in' AF2 settings, to be now left alone!

I have just spent the last two hours, minutely adjusting myriads of setting combinations, to achieve the clearest, crispest, wave/undulating and shimmer free, visuals, with added shadow field enhancement, and have achieved it with the following settings.  

I would adjust a certain field element, higher or lower in its field, and then run the sim, observe in the New York Area, on the ground and then in the air, shut down the sim, readjust single fields, or multiples, and then run the sim again to observe the same scenario each time.  After two hours of such, I have AF2 visually 'deadly', (large smile).

With the sim locked at 120 FPS, with the settings below, I run between 110-120 FPS, varying in the very dense New York City area, and now have simply wonderful visuals, clear as a bell, that you can pick out individual car sprites in shopping malls, from 1,800 feet!  These will be my final 'do not mess with again' N.I. settings for AF2, and now can just settle in, and enjoy this fabulous platform.

If you have a 5 year (high end CPU) or newer, with a GTX1070 or higher, I can guarantee that with these aggressive settings, in this sim, you will see at least 90-120 FPS (locked at 120) and what these settings do, is quite amazing for the visuals of AF2!  In fact, it is night and day, as to what can be achieved by either the in-sim settings, or just using the GTX nVidia mask for whatever suite you are using.  BTW, I am using the latest non-beta driver suite from the nVidia driver site. 

Important NOTAM:  You need to use the Override Any Application Settings, and NOT, the Enhance The Application Setting, otherwise, you will have ground shimmy and shiver. Enhance mode does not cut it, either in the actual nVidia mask, or the elevated N.I. feature set. You will see where I have selected this in my settings below.

This in-sim Graphic Settings, are all at: Ultra.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best_settings.png

• Upvote 1

Gave them a try with my Rift but it seems these settings don't translate to it. Couldn't notice a difference. I am sure it works in 2D though.

Gave them a try with my Rift but it seems these settings don't translate to it. Couldn't notice a difference. I am sure it works in 2D though.

Yes it does, and quite well, at that! :)  Very sharp and clear scenery.