Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[30JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Welcome to Release Week!

Let's hope it won't be a friday release, but earlier. SO that the weekend can be used for teh real long hauls.

Such an incredible news <3. Finally more hand flying instead of your beautiful but too auto 777 ;)

Victor Roos

Simply stunning feature list, truly will be something to behold I think.

Aye, I expect to fly this and the 800 variant for years.

spacer.png

I really hope she is released before Friday as well.  I'm off all this week but start an away from home contract for 7 days on Friday evening.

• Upvote 1

Dean Farley

great news! cant wait to get my hands on her :D

- Various wing/nacelle anti-ice system options with optional ice detection systems

So as you have implimented ice detection and anti ice sytems, does that mean we could have ice building-up and and effects the aircrafts flying dynamics ? (since we have as16 that provides accurate weather ? )

• Upvote 1

Ah  yes I have AS16 and look forward as well to the functional weather radar, icing would be very cool, do we dare hope for that?

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

I'm literally gonna spend the first day of it just playing with the nose door of the 400F

• Upvote 2

I'm literally gonna spend the first day of it just playing with the nose door of the 400F

LOL...

spacer.png

I really hope she is released before Friday as well.  I'm off all this week but start an away from home contract for 7 days on Friday evening.

I still expect Wednesday/Thursday...

Regards

I still expect Wednesday/Thursday...

Regards

Same here. To release on a Friday would mean support through the weekend and I know they would like to take a well needed break after the release. It's never good practice to release on a Friday. I'm leaning more towards Wednesday.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

If this is all built in the Queen, is it best to disable all shaking and vibration and such in EZDok 2 (or whatever camera add-on) or can they coexist side by side?

That is what is great about EZDok2 - you can turn off just the things that are already modeled in the aircraft and still use other actions of EZDok2. So just make a profile with the actions the  Queen already has turned off in EZDok. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

A few comments in response to some of the questions over the last few pages:

• Ground contact model: The ground contact model essentially side-steps the FSX/P3D "the ground is covered in peanut butter" view of the world. Idle thrust taxi is possible (and its effectiveness will depend on your weight), you can also carry your speed through turns a lot more realistically, and the decel on landing (and associated energy absorption by the brakes) is more to spec. The feel of the plane on the ground is so much better. I'll end it here though - you have to experience it to fully understand it.
  • Cockpit shake feature: Any program that adds in camera shake, or some sort of physical alteration of the air to make the plane shake should be turned off. All the same, if you prefer to have it the other way around, you can disable the feature in the 744 as well.
  • Ground service vehicles: GSX will interfere with our models. You can turn ours off, however, if you prefer GSX's models.

EDIT:

To be clear, the price has not been announced. While you are welcome to take a guess, please make it abundantly clear that you're providing a guesstimate, and are not conveying the actual price. I've seen a number of posts here, on Facebook, and in other spots where people are saying "it'll be X," as if PMDG has set the price and the person is repeating official information. This isn't the case.

• Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

That's the plan, Paul.  Really enjoying the more stable Ezdok v2 release and will definitely want to continue using it without sacrificing all the juicy new features offered in the Queen.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

That's the plan, Paul.  Really enjoying the more stable Ezdok v2 release and will definitely want to continue using it without sacrificing all the juicy new features offered in the Queen.

Do you have TrackIR?  I do andso have no need of EZDock.  Just curious as to why one would want/need EZDock of they have TIR.

spacer.png

Great news and again I am really impressed with the attention to detail. Wiping off the dust on where will be my first flight.

I don't use the cameras much in EZDok and bought if for the movment options that enhance Track IR

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png