Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[30JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Welcome to Release Week!

Do you have TrackIR?  I do andso have no need of EZDock.  Just curious as to why one would want/need EZDock of they have TIR.

Hi Chris,

Nope, don't have TrackIR.  Am intrigued, but haven't taken the plunge yet.  I'm up and down a good bit during a flight, so not sure how frequent moving might impact the experience.  

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

TIR is an awesome immersion addition, I never fly without it.

spacer.png

Hi Chris,

Nope, don't have TrackIR.  Am intrigued, but haven't taken the plunge yet.  I'm up and down a good bit during a flight, so not sure how frequent moving might impact the experience.  

Doug, 

Track IR has an easy locking function. Means that if you don't want your movements tracked for a moment, you can simply hit a button (assigned on your keyboard) and it shuts down, and it is just as easily reactivated. I use it all the time, because I find that using Track IR for a prolonged period of time starts to strain my neck and back. Especially on those longhaul flights.

Greets!

All very well...but can we open the cockpit windows? (joking ;-) 

Well I don't know, but I sure hell gonna try it.

Who told you that it's the price? Where is the info from?

PMDG 777 cost nearly that much so little bird told me that the price would near the 777 or a little bit more.Dont expect the price of NGX

Doug, 

Track IR has an easy locking function. Means that if you don't want your movements tracked for a moment, you can simply hit a button (assigned on your keyboard) and it shuts down, and it is just as easily reactivated. I use it all the time, because I find that using Track IR for a prolonged period of time starts to strain my neck and back. Especially on those longhaul flights.

Greets!

Just a quick question, Sander (don't want this to become a TrackIR thread)... can I hit the disable button, remove the hat/clip and step away, come back, put the hat/clip back on and re-enable, and movement will be restored without having to recalibrate?

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Okay Kyle, I am game  - I GUESS the price is $ 89.99 - $99-99.

regards

:Shame On You:  :Devil: i dont think so ithinkit is over 100 euro.

Will be interesting to see what "in line with the 777" turns out to mean.  Will it mean that the price will be similar, or that it will be proportional based on the amount of work/features that are included?  It is easy to picture them going with $99.95 if only to match the price of a recently released Bus sim by a certain PMDG alum who will remain nameless :-)  But who knows?  I don't doubt that the market would support higher.

Andrew Jones

Just a quick question, Sander (don't want this to become a TrackIR thread)... can I hit the disable button, remove the hat/clip and step away, come back, put the hat/clip back on and re-enable, and movement will be restored without having to recalibrate?

Hi again Doug, 

The calibration is just as easy as turning on and off the tracking functionality. Just sit comfortably and look at the screen, press the calibration key (again assigned key on your keyboard) and your all set again. No need to exit the your flight simulator or anything like that.

I find that I re-calibrate the center quite often. Everytime I change my position on my chair for example. 

All in all it really works quite simply.

Enough on TrackIR indeed. Let's get ready for the Queen!

Greetings!

• Upvote 1

Enough on TrackIR indeed. Let's get ready for the Queen!

+1

Doug Miannay

Captains,

- Optional cockpit lavatory

This post has been promoted to an article

That's all you had to say.

• Upvote 1

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

icing would be very cool, do we dare hope for that?

Do you have to "dare" for icing effects in $140+ product... ? 

• Upvote 1

Nice.

I just want the 8F but... ughhh... not sure now lol

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png