Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[30JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Welcome to Release Week!

Hello guys,

"optional cockpit lavatory": Boeing really takes care of her customers  :Big Grin:

But does it flush, and does the new sound engine that Robert spoke of capture it in all its glory?  When FS2Crew is released, perhaps they will have the FO get up to use it once in a while :-)

Andrew Jones

- random "clutter" placement throughout the cockpit (cans, pens, etc)

There better be a red stapler......    :Whistle:

• Upvote 1

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

:wink:

• Upvote 1

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Office Space?  :dance:  :dance:

Don't forget the "Hello Kitty" sticker appearing randomly in the trash can on the F/O's side.

(Mark Vanhoenacker, author of the lovely book "Skyfaring" - He's a Senior F/O for British Airways -  states that on one of the BA 747's - there are 37 of them I think in the BA fleet he gets to fly 17 of them  - there's a Hello Kitty sticker in the trash can. He always looks to see if it's there on that particular 747 when he flies it. 

Thank you, thank you and thank you! To all of you at PMDG. :smile:

I bet it would have been a lot easier to tell us of what's not included, right? :lol:

And I really thought next week would have been the release week and that she gets released on the 9th of February...

Anyway, I can now order my parts for my new Gaming-PC and finally switch to P3D.

Can anyone recommend a good yoke which comes as close to the real 737/747 yoke (full 90° to each side, 180° in total if I'm correct). I'm thinking of the Saitek/Logitech Pro Flight yoke but it doesn't cover those numbers and unfortunately they don't sell the Cessna Yoke anymore.

Greetings from Germany,

René Mrosek

Lots of features, but so far nobody has mentioned the obvious. VAS isnt an issue,

But nobody has mentioned FPS in one post anywhere on any forums. So I'm guessing it will be horrifically low. Maybe at default airport 10-15 at best. And that may make or break this add-on.

I'll wait and see before purchasing.....

• Upvote 1

It's very VAS-intensive feature

is this because of the graphics with dynamic reflections  :lol:

No functioning lavatories?

What a waste.

:P

Lots of features, but so far nobody has mentioned the obvious. VAS isnt an issue,

But nobody has mentioned FPS in one post anywhere on any forums. So I'm guessing it will be horrifically low. Maybe at default airport 10-15 at best. And that may make or break this add-on.

I'll wait and see before purchasing.....

It might be in one of the old stickied topics/accouncements, but I believe they said it is essentially the same as the 777 in terms of performance (both FPS and VAS), if not slightly better.

What a waste.

It might be in one of the old stickied topics/accouncements, but I believe they said it is essentially the same as the 777 in terms of performance (both FPS and VAS), if not slightly better.

Here is the quote from Robert on that:

"Overall, my experience has been that the 747-400 has better performance overall than the 777.  Frame rates are more fluid, and VAS use is more easily managed.  We will put together some real-time comparisons for you so that you can see where she weighs in!"

Andrew Jones

What a waste.

I've only read vas. FPS during beta means nothing. Most will turn off everything to get it to fly well. The real test is when hundreds of users with hundreds of different sim settings get miserable performance.

Time will tell.

What's with this pogo-stick talk???

Avsim in-joke or 747 feature?

I've only read vas. FPS during beta means nothing. Most will turn off everything to get it to fly well. The real test is when hundreds of users with hundreds of different sim settings get miserable performance.

Time will tell.

I think this is where you are wrong about turning off features during beta. Our betas do not have everything turned off when they test our products. They have their own setup just like regular simmers, scenery packages, active weather add-ons etc and reported smooth fps and vas usage similar if not better than our 777.

Our beta guys are just like you, regular simmers, some have a high end system some have an average system, I think we cover pretty much a good spectrum of system setups and FS settings most of you guys have. Yes we may not have every single kind of configuration but it averages out to this... I wouldn't worry too much about how it runs on your machine, if you could run the NGX and/or 777, I think you will be pleasantly surprised the 747 runs nicer.

I personally run probably the most craziest setup on my machine within the development team, I have most of the popular 3rd party scenery add-ons, I use Active Sky 16 with realistic detailed clouds, sky colour mods, and on my P3D, I'm using PTA with everything else. Guess what?

FPS is smooth, VAS management is great, I do not have any performance tweaks or enhancements etc except the usual tweaks with FSX that has been used by the community.

So you see, I run a system similar to you simmers, I don't dumb down my sim in order to run our products during development and testing.

Mind you, my system isn't that powerful.. 4790K at 4.7ghz, GTX970 not overclocked. 16gb RAM...

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64