Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[30JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Welcome to Release Week!

They are near Washington DC I believe. That makes it East Coast US time.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Dear PMdG can we plz have 747 v3 manuals abailable immediately before release so we could finish them all before aircraft comes out? Love to read pmdg manuals so much fun

Does anyone know what timezone PMDG works in?

Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5).

They are near Washington DC I believe. That makes it East Coast US time.

Yep. Near DC.

Kyle Rodgers

[OFFTOPIC]

Many people here are talking about doing circuits around Boeing Field, which was my plan too. Do you have some good scenery for FSX? I searched high and low of Google and did not find anything newer than ortophoto and AFCAD from around 2008.

[/OFFTOPIC]

[OFFTOPIC]

Many people here are talking about doing circuits around Boeing Field, which was my plan too. Do you have some good scenery for FSX? I searched high and low of Google and did not find anything newer than ortophoto and AFCAD from around 2008.

[/OFFTOPIC]

Boeing field or Paine Field? Because if you want to circle about Boeing Field, as the 747's home, you will be disappointed. Boeing field is/was only home to Boeing narrowbodies. The 747, 767, 777 and 787 are all built at KPAE, Paine Field, which is nearby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_Field#Boeing_Company

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paine_Field

But no, I don't think there is any decent payware quality scenery for either of these two airports.

Well, I didn't know that, thank you. You learn something new every day, don't you....

Too bad there isn't scenery, I'd love to do flight testing before taking not only the Queen, but any PMDG aircraft out. Will have to settle for what google can find.....

Well, I didn't know that, thank you. You learn something new every day, don't you....
You never stop learning in life, and especially in Aviation.

Too bad there isn't scenery, I'd love to do flight testing before taking not only the Queen, but any PMDG aircraft out. Will have to settle for what google can find.....

Check out ORBX Pacific Northwest, they usually improve on the default scenery and may well have decent scenery for this area, albeit not payware-airport quality, as the Orbx region scenery is more scenery than airport.

Do you have some good scenery

I was looking around for some scenery that had the "new" delivery terminal. Quite a sweet complex, but it's how I'd expect to pick up my new gazillion dollar private jet if I ever bought one.

I think it is a great idea to do a delivery flight, stopping off along the way to show off your new acquisition. In my case all the way from Seattle to Johannesburg...

I was looking around for some scenery that had the "new" delivery terminal. Quite a sweet complex, but it's how I'd expect to pick up my new gazillion dollar private jet if I ever bought one.

To be fair, Craig, you would probably pick up a private Boeing from the VIP outfitting center, as they are usually flown green and empty from KPAE. But us avgeeks would probably insist on flying it out ourselves, cabin walls and furniture be damned!! 

VIP outfitting center

HECK NAW! I want the jetway! I want the pushback! I want the children pressed up against the terminal glass staring in awe while their parent grabs them an overpriced soda! 

Seriously though, where is this VIP hanger located? 

Just a quick question, Sander (don't want this to become a TrackIR thread)... can I hit the disable button, remove the hat/clip and step away, come back, put the hat/clip back on and re-enable, and movement will be restored without having to recalibrate?

Yes.

This is what happens I start FSX, then TRack IR (or the other way aournd - that doesn matter)

I make sure that my head movement is centered = I try to keep my head still for a moment and look straigt forward, push my joystick button which is coupled to the track ir CENTER function.

Then I look left right middle to see that everything works. Then I press the pause key (Track IR function coupled to another button)

I put my headset down to continue with the rest of the preflight.

When I am about to taxi I put the headset on de-pause it and re center... and I can look around how I like.

So the 2 buttons I need are pause and center and voilà: done !

Hope this helps

Seriously though, where is this VIP hanger located? 
Lufthansa Technic probably. "You putt zee seetbelt on vis vun clik!!" (Lets see who gets that reference ...lol)

Most/all BBJ are sent to outfitting centers away from the production line. Sometimes, the interior takes longer than the actual assembly of the base aircraft.

Most/all BBJ are sent to outfitting centers away from the production line

Ah yes makes sense. The airport in the city I grew up in has been doing interiors for years. Not sure why I thought Boeing would do a custom VIP interior themselves.

Ah yes makes sense. The airport in the city I grew up in has been doing interiors for years. Not sure why I thought Boeing would do a custom VIP interior themselves.

I would, however, insist it get flown back to the Boeing delivery center and 'delivered' from there, with the Boeing team handing me the ceremonial keys themselves!!