Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[30JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Welcome to Release Week!

That's fine actually, but a bit of movement on the ground and in the air trucks would be nice. As long as the doors operate themselves and I can focus on the pre-flight is all that matters really.  
Look as long as there is an FA to bring me a beer, I will gladly drive the damn stairs up myself!!  :dance:

Look as long as there is an FA to bring me a beer, I will gladly drive the damn stairs up myself!!  :dance:

Heck I'd load the cargo by hand!

Awesome takeoff! Look at those engines/pylons move lol

This almost sounds like a GSX type of addon included in the aircraft.  Would love to know exactly what this means.

Wonder if Kyle has anything to say about this?  :ph34r:

Alaister Kay

Imagine firing up your new queen from this unique home in California.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/watch-tour-of-home-made-from-a-747-plane/

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Well... I don't know how extensively the 'cooperation' is... but the GSX refueling feature is - to my surprise - using Ground Operations (when Ground Operations is active) fuel numbers for refueling. 

Make sure, that you have updated to the latest version of GSX AND their Stand Alone Addon Manager... 

Actually I think it's more FSDT-doing, rather than something PMDG has done, to be honest. PMDG has an SDK and I assume, that FSDT has built GSX to integrate with certain addons where it's possible...  But it's quite a nice touch. Maybe PMDG has expanded the options for GSX integration?

To get the New refuelling features to work you have to reinstall it using the Full Installer.  I originally just used the Stand Alone Updater and it did not work, still had the small "Shell" re-fueler.  After reinstalling the full programme works a treat and can use Ground Ops in the 777 or just using the FMC Fuel option.

I am disappointed by this announcement. This product should not have come to this point. I really believe it's too soon to be release. I want it ready when it really really ready.

Thank you

David

I am disappointed by this announcement. This product should not have come to this point. I really believe it's too soon to be release. I want it ready when it really really ready.

Thank you

David

Ladies and gentlemen, pitchforks and spades please, we are going into battle!  :Tounge:  :wink:  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Ladies and gentlemen, pitchforks and spades please, we are going into battle!  :Tounge:  :wink:  :smile:

Sounds good  to me :D

Just thought I would share my testing flight:

I'm going to fly from somewhere (not sure from where yet) to Dubai / OMDB. From Europe it's just around 6h of flight and perfect to play around during the cruise. And for me, Dubai is perfect to train approach and land, because there is rarely any wind at all, so I can use any of the runways (which are nice and long). First into 12L for example, touch and go and then into a hold. From there you can get almost directly into the final for 30L or 30R, touch and go and repeat the procedure until you are tired of it.

Only thing missing at this point is the actual 747 :wub:

Looking forward to the simulation of the 744 .An aircraft I have enjoyed flying for 1000,s of hours, before retirement. I am sure it will bring back some memories.

• Upvote 1

That's impressive DGuy! Hopefully PMDG does it justice especially for captains like you!