Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

XP11 Drivers

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to ask if any of your fully on board XP11 drivers could kindly let me know what the default European scenery is like please.

Coming from the FSX/P3d I am use to Orbx style, do not care about AG to much as I am a tube liner guy but do like to see good mountains etc. I hoping that it will not be to long before XP gets seasons as this sorley missed...

Sorry I am still on Beta  and although KSEA looks great I cannot see how that sort of detail will be global...or I am I wrong..

With Thanks

Mark

XP shines with Orthophoto and OSM data over it but new autogen is a also nice enhacement. This combination kills any Orbx rendition, at least to my eyes especially if you fly liner.

Not taking into account any sunset, dawn, night flight, in this case there is simply not a match being FSX lights (ORbx also) so cartoonish.

The plus here is that you get this combination for free and you will save your eyes of those "superb" roads over terrain or river sight of FSX.

Seasonal textures are available for XP11 for free!

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/profile/499928-madmaxland/content/&type=downloads_file

I tried to add a snapshot of a winter scene but obviously I failed :smile: If anyone can coach me on how to do this, I'd appreciate it.

All the best.

If anyone can coach me on how to do this, I'd appreciate it.

Here's a video on how to.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for bringing this video to my attention. I couldn't determine whether you or someone else is the author but the contents offer crisp and clear guidance. Congratulations to the author. However, the guidance I was seeking was on how to insert a screenshot in my post, ha, ha! When reading my post a second time, I see that I could have been clearer! Sorry for that. I've installed the winter textures and based on what I see in XP11, everything seems to work perfectly. However, I will compare my installation with the instructions in the video to make sure I didn't miss anything. What sparked me to try to add a screenshot of a winter scene in my post was a comment made that XP11 didn't have seasons. True, seasons are not delivered with the software but, the XP community being what it is, creative and generous, seasons are easily and freely available. And the results are second to none.

I couldn't determine whether you or someone else is the author

Hi Jean

nope I'm not the author.

I tend to read too quickly and misinterpreted you post.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for bringing this video to my attention. I couldn't determine whether you or someone else is the author but the contents offer crisp and clear guidance. Congratulations to the author. However, the guidance I was seeking was on how to insert a screenshot in my post, ha, ha! When reading my post a second time, I see that I could have been clearer! Sorry for that. I've installed the winter textures and based on what I see in XP11, everything seems to work perfectly. However, I will compare my installation with the instructions in the video to make sure I didn't miss anything. What sparked me to try to add a screenshot of a winter scene in my post was a comment made that XP11 didn't have seasons. True, seasons are not delivered with the software but, the XP community being what it is, creative and generous, seasons are easily and freely available. And the results are second to none.

Jean-Jacques, there's another winter package put out by some Russian guys. What I like is it also includes snow covered autogen, trees, roads, rooftops, just like "we" see for pretty much all of winter, unless you live in Toronto or Vancouver. :smile:

Here's a link to the google drive (below) where the files are. It's a huge download, but works very well as you can see in the screenshot. Original poster may be interested as well to see what Xplane can look like in the winter. Snows not white enough for my liking, but overall the representation is really good. Better than everything being green in the dead of winter.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9xK56Fz8K6LdTY1TnVkbFhhOEk

snow_zpsveike9ip.jpg

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

I am down loading the winter textures from google now.  Does this package cover the whole world with snow textures, or is it only in locations where you would find snow?  Also, is it seasonal or will it give me snow year round?  I have the package that was mentioned further up this thread, but from 40,000 feet it looks like you are flying over a desert. 

". . . Here's a link to the google drive . . . "

Thanks Muskoka, I will definitely check that out. I live in Gatineau, Quebec, just across the river from Ottawa. Lots of 'white' rooftops here!

JJ

I am down loading the winter textures from google now.  Does this package cover the whole world with snow textures, or is it only in locations where you would find snow?  Also, is it seasonal or will it give me snow year round?  I have the package that was mentioned further up this thread, but from 40,000 feet it looks like you are flying over a desert. 

No, it doesn't cover the whole world with snow. Only places that should have snow this time of year (see further down). As far as being seasonal I'm not sure. The download includes winter and fall, so perhaps it's "triggered" somehow. I've just started using it this winter so I've only loaded the winter textures in the custom scenery folder. Maybe it could be incorporated into the Simple Seasonal package somehow. There's a region_Winter.pgn file in most of the created folders that you can edit in Photoshop, or an editor of your choice, to "paint" the areas you'd like to see snow. I haven't messed with it yet. I did look at it though, and it's a map of the world, and you paint white where you want to see the snow.

Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

". . . Here's a link to the google drive . . . "

Thanks Muskoka, I will definitely check that out. I live in Gatineau, Quebec, just across the river from Ottawa. Lots of 'white' rooftops here!

JJ

Thank you!  I am going to give it a try.  How does the installation work?  I am not seeing  any instructions with the files.

When/if you download it, just place the 7 zip files into a folder and "execute/double click" the first zip,  it's a executable. It will automatically create all the folders for you, in that folder. Then you just need to copy the folders for the seasons you want to XPlanes  "Custom Scenery" folder, and edit the Scenery_packs.ini file according to the instructions in the included pdf file. It's really pretty simple. 

Edit: I just went above KMIA and there are a few spots that look like there being covered in snow, not a lot, but some. I'll just pretend it's sand. Maybe playing with the ordering in the scenery_packs.ini can alleviate that, I haven't tried. For me it's ok, I pretty much only fly around home / Canada which for the most part is covered in snow for 5'ish months, the package may not be best elsewhere. You'll just have to test.

The one from the SimRussia is better, but sadly it removes the European Autogen which is a real bummer. I'll stick with the one from the org for now.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD